JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I'm getting the impression my little Gen 1 M&P Sporty is a decent rifle. And do a few upgrades and call it good. Though I would still really like to get a higher end AR. I'm just familiar with BCM since several guys I know have them. So I've heard a lot about them. Not sure if I would get the Mod 0 model. Or the Recce model.

Last Edited:
So I'm getting the impression my little Gen 1 M&P Sporty is a decent rifle. And do a few upgrades and call it good. Though I would still really like to get a higher end AR. I'm just familiar with BCM since several guys I know have them. So I've heard a lot about them. Not sure if I would get the Mod 0 model. Or the Recce model.
They're good rifles, you did fine purchasing it. :)

Very good, ignore the "If you didn't make it in your garage with overpriced parts it is inferior" Guy's.

1- trigger (LaRue MBT or a good drop in)
2- a red dot sight
3- The dust cover (buy one that is already springloaded. itll be easier)

Don't go crazy. Learn more. Watch You tube videos to learn. Know someone who does, ask questions. Eventually you can learn to build your own. That's when you can buy better parts all around. Good luck
OP has a slick-side receiver. Adding a dust cover, so far as I know, would take quite a bit of work.

Tell that to the poor slobs I've seen leave armorer/build classes that were unable to complete their builds because their POS Anderson receiver was out of spec and had to be returned to the manufacturer. They're out the time, money and effort for a class. It was sad, you fell sorry for them, but damn spend more than $24.99 next time.
I have several Anderson's, among others. No issues with them, but I certainly won't defend them as being good.
I have read about one or two, but how often does that really happen? I've built or helped build close to a dozen Anderson lowers and never seen one out of spec. They actually have pretty good fit and finish. I know that's a small sample but combined with "my cousin's neighbor's aerobics instructor had a bad one", and I'm skeptical.

I have read about one or two, but how often does that really happen? I've built or helped build close to a dozen Anderson lowers and never seen one out of spec. They actually have pretty good fit and finish. I know that's a small sample but combined with "my cousin's neighbor's aerobics instructor had a bad one", and I'm skeptical.
More than it should.

There is a limited number of companies that actually manufacture AR lowers. Example is Aero makes Spikes lowers along with a few others.

I'm thinking the Andersons are just lowers that didn't pass QC for other brands.

OP has a slick-side receiver. Adding a dust cover, so far as I know, would take quite a bit of work.

I saw Aero has a screw on upper with the dust cover only. Are Aero products quality?

trigger if on a budget the rav 140 is easy drop in @ around 100.00 good trigger. 3-3.5 lb pull little polish and pretty smooth.
No geissele but they are solid! can even find deals time to time on a combo trigger charging handle. i got a rav140 w warhammer ambi CH 149.00 not to long ago? december or january.

Would this work on my Sport?

32F90A54-7D4B-4B15-85D8-3E492D90F68D.png

I believe BCM has some blem uppers for sale.
$60

The upper comes unassembled, but complete with BCM forward assist assembly and ejection port cover door assembly.
You must assemble it. (Assembly required) (all parts, but you will have to assemble together)

You could move the barrel and forened over from your old upper. The barrel will be the hardest part. The forend is usually not bad. There are lots of videos on it. If you're even remotely mechanical, it's doable.

Last Edited:
Yeah, but I would just buy a complete upper assembly. Way easier.
Keep your old upper and it will eventually grow back into another rifle again.
A complete upper is also a chance to get a thicker barrel. The Sport, if I recall correctly, comes with a pencil barrel. Something to consider, although $60 for a BCM upper is practically free.

A complete upper is also a chance to get a thicker barrel. The Sport, if I recall correctly, comes with a pencil barrel. Something to consider, although $60 for a BCM upper is practically free.
If I was going with a complete BCM upper, would it be in my best interest to get a BCM bolt carrier group. Also, I'm new to all this, so I'm assuming an upgraded trigger makes a lot of difference in the shoot ability.

Yeah, but I would just buy a complete upper assembly. Way easier.
Keep your old upper and it will eventually grow back into another rifle again.
See what you did there.:s0113:. lol setting him up for another AR. As we all know He was going to get another anyway. its the nature of the beast. buy 2 uppers and get a couple lowers. you will be fine!! never know when you might need to build a 300BO :D

See what you did there.:s0113:. lol setting him up for another AR. As we all know He was going to get another anyway. its the nature of the beast. buy 2 uppers and get a couple lowers. you will be fine!! never know when you might need to build a 300BO :D
Shhh. Dont blow my cover Im hard at work here.... :p

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads