JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
The more I look at this this asshat is behaving like Michale Brown or Freddie Gray. When the cop asks you for license and reg, give it to him and if you think it's wrong fight in court.

The kid did everything right until the cop said why he is detaining him. At that point he should have complied with the officer and given his ID and registration as that is the law. I still think its bullbubblegum the cops starts the conversation with trying to violate his 5th amendment rights. Which probably would have lead to a violation of his 4th amendment rights, then the title of the video would be correct. Cops need to learn to de escalate better.

That Kid thought he was taking abuse?

Now he goes to court before a Judge. And he'll know abuse! :D

The Cops are like that thin cover of sticks and leaves that hide the bear pit below.[The Legal system]
Will you jump up and down and invite disaster?
Or get yourself away from that pit as daintily as possible? ;)

Hint: Life is not fair.

Just because a cop tells you something doesn't mean it right or legal!
Yep - your right! And this is why we have COURTS of LAW to debate it in - not on the street between you and the LEO - unless you want to FORCE him into becoming the Judge, Jury and well........
Yup and I'm sure you'll just let them walk in and take you're guns too!
Might want to try to stay in the context of the thread and not deviating into something not even germane to the subject.

The kid did everything right until the cop said why he is detaining him. At that point he should have complied with the officer and given his ID and registration as that is the law. I still think its bullbubblegum the cops starts the conversation with trying to violate his 5th amendment rights. Which probably would have lead to a violation of his 4th amendment rights, then the title of the video would be correct. Cops need to learn to de escalate better.

The 5th amendment DOES NOT prevent law enforcement from asking you to incriminate yourself. It DOES prevent them from compelling an answer to that question. The cop is perfectly within the law to ask if the kid knows what he did wrong. If the kid chooses to forgo his 5th amendment right and answer that question, that's on him, not the cop. The kid (wisely) chose not to give up his right, the cop dropped it, and shortly thereafter the kid went full retard.

Last Edited:

BS

The 5th amendment DOES NOT prevent law enforcement from asking you to incriminate yourself. It DOES prevent them from compelling an answer to that question. The cop is perfectly within the law to ask if the kid knows what he did wrong. If the kid chooses to forgo his 5th amendment right and answer that question, that's on him, not the cop. The kid (wisely) chose not to give up his right, the cop dropped it, and shortly thereafter the kid went full retard.

So in you book, it is not immoral to trick someone into giving up their rights, to make your job easier? And yes, I agree the kid went full retard. Which in the post you quoted states, the kid lost when he refused to give his ID after the cop identified the crime he is investigating.

Tricking someone into giving up their rights? Sure, I'd consider that to be immoral, though not illegal. I do not consider a simple question such as, "do you know why I pulled you over," to be a trick.

I believe quite a bit in personal responsibility, and if someone doesn't care enough about their rights to know the most basic of them, well that's their own fault. Anyone who blames a cop who asks a question like I quoted, or made a statement like in this video, for violating someone's rights is shirking personal responsibility and blaming others for things they didn't do.

Last time I got pulled over, I admitted I was speeding. I knew it, I got caught, it was nobody's fault but my own, I owned it, and I didn't blame the cop for pulling me over, or for making me incriminate myself. Everything I did was my own action. The cop let me off with a warning to drive safe.

Last Edited:
Tricking someone into giving up their rights? Sure, I'd consider that to be immoral, though not illegal. I do not consider a simple question such as, "do you know why I pulled you over," to be a trick.

I believe quite a bit in personal responsibility, and if someone doesn't care enough about their rights to know the most basic of them, well that's their own fault. Anyone who blames a cop who asks a question like I quoted, or made a statement like in this video, for violating someone's rights is shirking personal responsibility and blaming others for things they didn't do.

Last time I got pulled over, I admitted I was speeding. I knew it, I got caught, it was nobody's fault but my own, I owned it, and I didn't blame the cop for pulling me over, or for making me incriminate myself. Everything I did was my own action. The cop let me off with a warning to drive safe.

As has usually been the case when I've been pulled over. I know what I did, I own it. I haven't gotten a ticket in over 20 years now. Been pulled over a bit, including near on 100mph by a Mass State Trooper. I'm still amazed I didn't get a massive ticket for that one. Nope just a warning, I explained to the trooper I just got off shift, no one was on the highway & I just wanted to see what my car could do...I think he was just happy I wasn't a drunk or druggie.

I have been pulled over and my truck searched once. I coulda gone all full retard like the kid in that video, or I coulda gone all like "you need a warrant" & such, however I didn't.

The deputy stated he had probable cause and explained why.

I know I don't do anything illegal.

Had I not allowed the search, given his probable cause, he would have gotten a warrant, and possibly could have towed my truck for a full on search back at there station. Took about a half an hour, vs goodness knows how long & what damage they could have done.

is?wl9we4VzW_avaU7tSRbYqjyNmWI_jtW6eu3L6lNu5R8&height=227.jpg

You are right, they are there to collect a tax so they can fund their pension.
Actually they are there to stop people like this kid, tell them what they are doing wrong, writing up a ticket and hopefully getting them to amend their behavior so that they don't kill someone with their driving.

This is not some big civil rights case or the "tip of an iceburg". It is one Delta Bravo misbehaving and getting called on it. Just like Michael Brown except he didn't get shot resisting arrest. Just another thug.

Check the video out again. At about the 45 second mark the officer identifies the offense as going too fast and reckless driving. You have a couple of times in this string accused the people participating in the discussion of not caring about their rights or the rights of others. I think you need to back up a bit and back off. That is certainly not the case for anyone here or they wouldn't be a member of this forum. You are making emotional and inaccurate accusations based on the fact that others on the string disagree with your interpretation of the video. This little a$$hat brought everything he got upon himself. He had the right to remain silent and chose to give that right up to show how smart he wasn't.

Who the fk are you to tell me to back off! I can and do think for for myself!
All the cop said is he was speeding and reckless driving that was only his opinion since the cop himself said he didn't know how fast he was going. Obviously you hear what you want.
Stacy

Who the fk are you to tell me to back off! I can and do think for for myself!
All the cop said is he was speeding and reckless driving that was only his opinion since the cop himself said he didn't know how fast he was going. Obviously you hear what you want.
Stacy
Ignoring the over reaction there, i think you're missing the fact that the actual number of the speed he was doing, does *not* matter.

Reckless driving and exceeding a nominal speed is all he needed to pull him over.

Lets see, hair tied up on the back of his head, a leather studded wristband and a 'plier' (his words) to roll down the window and actions bordering on psychotic ? heck he needed to be off the road on general principal.

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads