JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Was it me or did the cop try and force him to violate his 5th amendment right from the start of the conversation? "Tell me what you did wrong?"

May have been intentional, after all if you admit what you did, they could use that in court, or the cop might have just been dumbfounded that this moron didn't know what he did. The kid started out OK, but quickly went full retard. I thought the cops handled it pretty well.

Was it me or did the cop try and force him to violate his 5th amendment right from the start of the conversation? "Tell me what you did wrong?"

Also, if he was on private property does the cop even have the authority to pull him over for a traffic crime?

Apperently a lot of people on this site could careless about our GOD GIVEN RIGHTs:s0101:
Stacy

May have been intentional, after all if you admit what you did, they could use that in court, or the cop might have just been dumbfounded that this moron didn't know what he did. The kid started out OK, but quickly went full retard. I thought the cops handled it pretty well.

He prob beats the case if he would have just handed him his licence and reg once the cop stated why he is being detained. I will say that cop was amped as soon as he came up to the door and may have escalated the situation instead of de-escalating it. Kid got in over his head when the cop didn't back down when he didn't know the drivers speed. That is reasonable doubt written all over it. Do you have the speed of the other cars? No do you have the speed of his car? No... there is reasonable doubt

No sympathy for the little prick. He got what he deserved with that attitude. I think the cops did a decent job of keeping their calm through the whole thing.
Not to mention they were super considerate of the trauma he was putting his girlfriend through. Not once did they ever raise their voice with her, or treat her poorly.

Apperently a lot of people on this site could careless about our GOD GIVEN RIGHTs:s0101:
Stacy
Could care less, or couldn't care less? All dieties aside, if this kid was cutting through a parking lot to speed past another car on the road, he was in the wrong. Period. Dot. Assuming the cop has to pinpoint his speed to three sig figs is assinine, and childish. If he had complied, he might have been able to get the traffic citation reduced, thrown out, or forgiven with traffic school. He gave that up when he wanted to whip it out in front of his girlfriend and play "Who's is bigger?"

Yes, him. He spoke to him like a condescending bubblegum to begin with. Give respect if you plan to receive it.

You said "He was yelling at the kid as soon as he came to the window." I said he wasn't. The video clearly shows the cop did not, and was not yelling at the kid. But I suppose if you want to switch it from yelling to condescending, you can certainly do that.

The rest is a matter of opinion/interpretation as to whether the officer was being condescending. I simply don't agree with the opinion that he was. You don't have to agree with me.

Last Edited:
I'm always amused when some, who for all practical purposes, appear to be godless, play the god card.
Right or wrong on either side, a few minutes of polite cooperation likely would have yielded a warning not to be stupid.
I walked down a path I had every right to be on. Inadvertently, I cornered a badger between two fallen trees. Rather than stand on principle or be a martyr, I yielded to the badger instead of being eviscerated. Both our days continued as we intended and without tragedy.

I'm always amused when some, who for all practical purposes, appear to be godless, play the god card.
Right or wrong on either side, a few minutes of polite cooperation likely would have yielded a warning not to be stupid.
I walked down a path I had every right to be on. Inadvertently, I cornered a badger between two fallen trees. Rather than stand on principle or be a martyr, I yielded to the badger instead of being eviscerated. Both our days continued as we intended and without tragedy.
I was pulled over by a Clackamas Sheriff for going a bit too fast. He asked if I knew why and I said I was probably going a bit too fast. He was nice, and just said take it easy and chill out for your ride home.

But maybe I should have been a dick and demanded my rights...lol

I was pulled over by a Clackamas Sheriff for going a bit too fast. He asked if I knew why and I said I was probably going a bit too fast. He was nice, and just said take it easy and chill out for your ride home.

And filmed it for YouTube!

I've been pulled over a few times in my life, never went complete jacka$$ like our barely post-pubescent friend in the video. I was taught early on that being a Richard to the police was just a bad idea. To date, that advice, learned so long ago, has served me well. If you think the stop is unjust, and you want to fight it, do it in court. Otherwise acting like he did will most likely result in the very predictable outcome.

Haha, that was funny, in a really worrying way. I'm in for the results.

I was wondering if he was on drugs myself, because non of that was a normal way to react, but his GF confirmed it by way of saying he's very anti police/authority.

Kids argument was partially valid until he stopped complying, wrongly believing, that he did not have to do as asked unless they could tell him his exact speed.

Reckless driving is a real thing.

Private property isn't relevant in this case as it's public access.

He wasn't being pulled over for speeding, he was pulled over for being reckless.

The rest of the stuff is all detailed under the video by the Constitutionally elected Sheriff.

Nothing wrong with this at all...Reckless Driving is a crime and enforceable in a parking lot...look up enforceable laws in a parking lot and there about 10 I think that are enforceable with in a private parking lot. The key to this is premise open to the public, and it doesn't matter what the cop said, he observed the reckless act so going to jail...he might of even just got a ticket if he had just complied.

Nothing wrong with this at all...Reckless Driving is a crime and enforceable in a parking lot...look up enforceable laws in a parking lot and there about 10 I think that are enforceable with in a private parking lot. The key to this is premise open to the public, and it doesn't matter what the cop said, he observed the reckless act so going to jail...he might of even just got a ticket if he had just complied.
It's been a long time, but I think there is another one called circumventing a traffic signal or stop sign. most commonly you will see someone blow thru a corner gas station or quickly mart so they don't have to wait in line. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong on that one.

Status

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top