JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
It's been a long time, but I think there is another one called circumventing a traffic signal or stop sign. most commonly you will see someone blow thru a corner gas station or quickly mart so they don't have to wait in line. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong on that one.

In Oregon you are right, there is a law for this. Going by what this video is showing is if you drive recklessly in a parking lot you can and will get stopped...it is a traffic crime and had he just given his license he most likely would have gotten a ticket and drove away.

It's been a long time, but I think there is another one called circumventing a traffic signal or stop sign. most commonly you will see someone blow thru a corner gas station or quickly mart so they don't have to wait in line. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong on that one.

I have seen people get a ticket for that.

Broke the law originally with Reckless Driving (Any person who drives any vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving). Note that nothing in the RCW says anything about public or private property. Broke the law AGAIN when he refused to give the cop his driver's license. Nearly every state has this same law regarding proof of documentation for driving. Not illegal to refuse to give ID on foot. In a vehicle, remember, driving is a privilege, you have to have proof of a driver's license. Then the kid took it to resisting arrest. Once again, don't be a dick to cops and 99.9999% of the time this doesn't happen. Not saying their aren't bad cops out there. There is a bottom 10% of everything that do the wrong thing, but the 90% don't want this kinda bubblegum. They want a nice pleasant evening where people are not being stupid.

Well, two new jackazzes for the stupid....er....ignore list!

I'm guessing that this little, self appointed, menace to society won't learn from any number of encounters with the authorities!
Dim bulb with an attitude! :cool:

The 3rd guy, from Wenatchee PD i'd guess, was super professional and legitimately concerned about the girl. Hopefully he's commended. Girlfriend totally acknowledged he was driving inappropriately. Sounds like she needs to find a new boyfriend that's not a Bernie supporter.

This isn't there first illigal stop! And yes its Illigal a parking lot is private property and just because you're going faster than the rest of the the cars doesn't mean you're going above posted speed limit, what if everyone else is going slower. This is the same Pd that Gavin Siem went to jail for. Standing up for another young man being arrested by.
Stacy

Well, I have never been a fan of the Wenatchee Police Department, ever since that insane child abuse witch hunt back in the mid 90's where they charged 43 members of a church with 29,000 counts of child sexual abuse, and had 60 children taken away from their families, all due to what they said was a ritualistic sex abuse ring that operated in the city. That was one of the greatest and most epic abuses by a police department and child protective services in our nation's history.

But this incident is nothing worth getting one's panties all tied up in a knot over. I've seen many parking lots with a 15 mph speed limit posted on them. Parking lots actually account for quite a few traffic accidents.

I would give the police a pass on this.

That guy probably watches too many BLM videos and saw a few reruns of judge judy. All of the sudden he's a lawyer.
Obviously this idiot was trying to incite the police and looking for a readon to get some hits on youtube.

Too bad for him the only hits he will be getting is from the homies in county lock up.

He fought the law, and the law tazed his arse.

That guy probably watches too many BLM videos and saw a few reruns of judge judy. All of the sudden he's a lawyer.

If you watch the whole video, you will see that he and his girlfriend has just left a movie theater, where they had just seen SUICIDE SQUAD. So all that insane craziness of that movie was probably still inside his head, when he got pulled over.

Perhaps he fancied himself being another JOKER??

[QUOTE="Oregon Quartermaster, post: 1494408, member: 30054" , if this kid was cutting through a parking lot to speed past another car on the road, he was in the wrong.
All I heard him say is he was speeding!
Nothing about cutting past another car? I could be wrong but I didn't hear that
I think it's sad you could careless of your or anyone else's Constitutional Rights!

Stacy

[QUOTE="Oregon Quartermaster, post: 1494408, member: 30054" , if this kid was cutting through a parking lot to speed past another car on the road, he was in the wrong.
I think it's sad you could careless of your or anyone else's Constitutional Rights!

Stacy

It was his girlfriend that made that remark to the police, much later in the video, long after he was arrested.

She advised him not to do it. At least she had some good common sense.

Sounds like she needs to get a new boyfriend.

That young man needs to learn how to handle such situations. Once the officer identified why he was stopped, he (the driver) should have complied by providing the documents as requested. Regardless of your position on police authority, there was a reasonable cause and thus a justified traffic stop.

Follow the process, and if he felt he was wrongly stopped, bring it to traffic court. He was already documenting the stop. He wanted a lawyer, with what, a public defender?

Rather he wanted to have his trial right there by the side of the road. Well, cops aren't good trial lawyers or judges... So I think in his immaturity, he cashed his chips in and got himself all charged up, figuratively and literally...

Stupid is as stupid does...

Stacy

Check the video out again. At about the 45 second mark the officer identifies the offense as going too fast and reckless driving. You have a couple of times in this string accused the people participating in the discussion of not caring about their rights or the rights of others. I think you need to back up a bit and back off. That is certainly not the case for anyone here or they wouldn't be a member of this forum. You are making emotional and inaccurate accusations based on the fact that others on the string disagree with your interpretation of the video. This little a$$hat brought everything he got upon himself. He had the right to remain silent and chose to give that right up to show how smart he wasn't.

The 3rd guy, from Wenatchee PD i'd guess, was super professional and legitimately concerned about the girl. Hopefully he's commended. Girlfriend totally acknowledged he was driving inappropriately. Sounds like she needs to find a new boyfriend that's not a Bernie supporter.

I don't believe Bernie has ever condoned anti-authority actions. I believe that would be more of an Anarchist, or perhaps Libertarian, stance.

Ron White, I didn't know how many of them it would take to kick my azz, but I knew how many they were going to use, that's a good little piece of information right there !!!

I fought the law and the law, TAZED MY AZZ !!!

Status

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top