JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

Prozanski told AP we need universal background checks. What's crazy is that they want private citizens to call FICS for background checks.

Interesting when you look at the Campaign funding at the bottom. Just like Washington State, the NRA basically wrote us off.

Always badmouthing the NRA, who the hells side you on.
Unbelievable.
They are not your personal scapegoat.
They help ALL gun owners in more ways than you could ever dream of.
Only Bloomberg loonies badmouth the NRA.
They do more good in 10 min that you will in a lifetime.
Give it a rest. :s0081::s0075::s0118:
Do you eat your own young too ?

https://www.nraila.org/

Last Edited:
It was on the CBS news radio today I heard a segment about how the "Bloomberg Backed Everytown for Gun Safety" (as they put it) was targeting Oregon specifically as it's next campaign to get UBCs and more gun restrictions - because of the democrat sweep of our last election.

I would say I hope the dems elected to office remember what happened in Colorado, but I know that 1.) They don't care and 2.) They really, really don't care. They will shove everything they can get away with on us because they don't care, and it's unlikely that Oregonians could pull it together to get rid of the clowns - FFS Kitzhaber got re-elected amidst a scandal that by all rights should've resulted in him resigning in disgrace and seeing felony charges. But he slides to victory and we yet again get shafted.

NRA apologists will keep chanting about the good they do, but they left Washington to get squashed, and I seriously doubt they give a rats bubblegum about Oregon. The OFF is our best chance at putting up a fight - I doubt the NRA will so much as run an anti-UBC/other gun control BS radio ad. They do make sure I get emails daily stirring up crap about national gun legislation - legislation far, far less likely to get out of committee in Congress, and trotting out the same old boogey men, then asking for money to fight them. The real battles in the gun rights arena will be on the state level from now on, and it really doesn't seem like the NRA gives a rats bubblegum about that. I let my NRA membership expire last year with no plans to renew it right now, and my money is going to OFF this year.

News from NRA-ILA Articles
FROM

WITHIN

SEARCH

mi-ricksnyder.jpg
News

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Governor's Veto Denies Victims of Domestic Abuse and Stalking Added Protections
Fairfax, Va. – Today, the National Rifle Association expressed its disappointment in Michigan Governor Rick Snyder's decision to veto Senate ...

hunting-19.jpg
News

Thursday, January 15, 2015

NRA Fighting to Protect Texans' Right to Hunt & Fish
Fairfax, Va. – The National Rifle Association announces its support for Senate Joint Resolution 22 and House Joint Resolution ...

News

Legal & Legislation

Legal & Legislation

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

NRA Files Lawsuits to Protect 2nd Amendment Rights in Pennsylvania
Today the National Rifle Association, on behalf of its 5 million members across the country, filed lawsuits against the cities of Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and Lancaster for refusing to comply with a state law that prohibits ...

al-richard-shelby.jpg
News

Saturday, January 10, 2015

NRA Board of Directors Honors Senator Richard Shelby for His Support of Our Second Amendment Rights
On Saturday, January 10, 2015, the NRA Board of Directors passed a resolution honoring Senator Richard Shelby for his ...

scotus.jpg
News

Friday, January 09, 2015

Majority of States Support the NRA's Request that the U.S. Supreme Court Overturn San Francisco's Restriction on Self-Defense in the Home
Twenty-five state attorneys general joined Nebraska Attorney General Jon Bruning in filing a brief supporting the National Rifle Association in ...

martha-mcsally.jpg
News

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

NRA-Endorsed Martha McSally Scores a Major Victory Over National Gun Control Groups
The National Rifle Association would like to congratulate Martha McSally on her victory in the race for Arizona's ...

News

Friday, November 07, 2014

Voters Come Out in Strong Support of America's Hunting Heritage and Second Amendment Right
On Tuesday, voters in Alabama, Mississippi and Maine came out in full support of protecting America's hunting heritage and Second Amendment rights. The National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF) led the way to enshrine ...

News

Wednesday, November 05, 2014

NRA-Political Victory Fund Achieves Historic 2014 Midterm Election Victories
The National Rifle Association would like to congratulate pro-Second Amendment candidates across the country who won significant victories in their respective states and districts. The NRA scored impressive wins in hotly contested races and played ...

News

Wednesday, November 05, 2014

NRA-Political Victory Fund Achieves Historic 2014 Midterm Election Victories
The National Rifle Association would like to congratulate pro-Second Amendment candidates across the country who won significant victories in their respective states and districts. The NRA scored impressive wins in hotly contested races and played ...

News

Thursday, October 09, 2014

NRA Releases Online Video Featuring Seattle's '30 Cal Gal' Anette Wachter to Defeat Ballot Initiative 594
Fairfax, Va. – The National Rifle Association (NRA) has released a one-minute digital video as part of it's online campaign to defeat Washington State Ballot Initiative 594. The video, titled I-594 Will Not Make Washington Safer, features ...

Taku, we get that the NRA is a national scale organization and that they do good work on that scale. They may win the battle on the Federal level but find out we've lost the war by being out flanked at the state level.

Man, that is absolutely incredible that Michael Bloomberg spent $600,000 to influence last November's elections in Oregon. That is a huge amount of money, and clearly bought a lot of TV and radio ads. I guess that when a person is worth $36 Billion, $600,000 is not much money.

It is wrong that people living outside of our state can pour so much money into our elections.

Now we know why the Democrats did so well last November: the election was bought!!!

I have got to believe that our founding fathers never meant for elections in our country to be run this way.

Taku, we get that the NRA is a national scale organization and that they do good work on that scale. They may win the battle on the Federal level but find out we've lost the war by being out flanked at the state level.
This 100%. OFF is a great organization but there is no way they can compete with the national clout and money of Mom's Demand Action and Blomberg. We have NOTHING on this scale and it's why we lose. NRA may function on the federal level, but their opponents have found the end run around that by taking the fight to the states. Frankly without the money and clout from the NRA we'll get screwed on the state level. Again I believe and contribute to OFF and will continue too, but I am beginning to question why I continue to support the NRA.

That Bloomberg is Satan incarnate himself.

Does anyone know why he hates guns so much? As a New Yorker, I can see him growing up in a liberal, anti-gun environment. But why is he so set on imposing gun control on the rest of the country?? Why??

He especially hates semiauto guns. Actually, he hates just about any type of gun, I think.

Here he is holding one of the demonic firearms that he wishes to rid the earth of:

article-2292873-1857629C000005DC-487_634x402.jpg

article-2292873-18576370000005DC-864_634x411.jpg

This 100%. OFF is a great organization but there is no way they can compete with the national clout and money of Mom's Demand Action and Blomberg. We have NOTHING on this scale and it's why we lose. NRA may function on the federal level, but their opponents have found the end run around that by taking the fight to the states. Frankly without the money and clout from the NRA we'll get screwed on the state level. Again I believe and contribute to OFF and will continue too, but I am beginning to question why I continue to support the NRA.

And will you make sure the NRA has more money than Bloomberg ?
Let me know when you accomplish that..
The NRA puts its money where it does the most good Nationally. They are not your or anyone's scapegoat for local failures. To not support them or badmouth them puts the talker on the level of Bloomberg !
He'll love ya for that...................................................
UN-F-B :mad:
I am done with this thread.:s0054:

Last Edited:
We get it - you're a life member of the NRA and feel compelled to defend them at every instance someone speaks anything but glowingly about them. No one is saying they are a scapegoat - but those of us who have given our money to them expect to get something for that money - other than a pile of god damned junk mail, an email inbox full of spam, and solicitations for MORE money. They are a great organization for soliciting donations - but we want to see that money put to use where it matters to us. The NRA has largely ignored the west coast in recent times. If the NRA steered any of it's focus for a time in November toward the I-594 campaign - Washington Staters might not be living under that asinine law, nor would the SAF have to waste it's money and resources fighting it - they could be focused on repealing other bad laws that were already on the books.

No one in this thread has said the NRA doesn't do some good - but they sure as hell abandoned Washington's gun owners in the last election cycle, and it doesn't look like they're gearing up to fight for Oregonians gun rights right now. There are other gun rights organizations that will fight for those of us affected or potentially affected by new bad laws.

If I thought the NRA actually gave a damn about what happens in Oregon, I'd be happy to renew my membership. I don't think they do, and like everything else, I put the money I work my bubblegum off for where I think it will do the most good. Maybe instead of spending so much on junk mail and spam servers, they could be funneling that money into the ILA and sicking their lawyers on each and every state, city, and county that attempts to restrict our rights recognized by the 2A.

The NRA is the juggernaught that SHOULD be able to affect the most positive change - but only if they want to. Like it or not - smaller groups like SAF have done more to overturn bad law lately than the NRA has. Maybe that has played a part in the NRA decision makers playbook - I don't know. What I do know is that the SAF was behind overturning Chigaco's gun ban and getting the court to force Illinois to draft a CCW law, among others. Where was the NRA? You know the defendants in DC v. Heller approached the NRA to help them - and the NRA told them to pound sand. They didn't want to take the risk. One of the most important gun rights victories in the last 20 years and they had no part of it, except to try (and failing) to keep Heller from reaching the Supreme Court. They flubbed that one, didn't they? I'm glad the NRA was able to help get some pro-gun congressmen elected - three months ago - in other parts of the country. But the new gun-rights fight isn't on a national level, we're pretty damn safe at the moment from any new draconian gun laws. The new fight is on the state level, and that's where the NRA needs to focus. Bloomberg is taking his fight to a state by state war - the only way to fight it is state by state. Washington was the first battle and we - the gun loving crowd lost. Oregon is the next fight. If they win that - they'll go after a bigger target - maybe Arizona or Florida or Vermont. If the NRA won't stand up to help us, my money and energy is wasted on them - and local focus groups like OFF, and smaller but effective legislative groups like SAF need the money to fight their (our) fights too.

bloomberg has repeatedly stated that the NRA is his enemy #1 and his goal is to destroy the NRA.

why are you following bloomberg's marching orders and doing his work for him? it's baffling.

your abandoning the NRA pleases bloomberg and the gun grabbers greatly. it's exactly what they want you to do.

the NRA basically wrote us off.

no surprise they are too busy phone soliciting Oregon residents for money

PROTIP: EVERY ORGANIZATION DOES FUNDRAISING

The piles of letters and solicitations I get from the humane society, cancer research orgs, etc. is the same.

Criticizing them for fundraising is derpy herp derp of the derpiest derp possible.

The last I heard the NRA doesn't have a single vote in Oregon . . . YOU DO . . .
USE IT . . . and get your neighbor on board too!!!!!

Sheldon

Well, but the antigunners in our state trashed us last November. If the Republicans had not lost the seats that they did, we would not be in this current mess that we now find ourselves in. Oregon was one of only 4 states where Democrats did not take a beating in November. In the other 46, Republicans made significant inroads.

The fact is that they were better organized, and better funded. And we are running around like a bunch of panicked Bison, as they continue to target and pick off more members of the legislature that are pro-gun.

We really need to have a massive crowd show up in Salem for the Feb 9th rally. We need to make both the legislature and the press stand up and take notice.

That would be a real good start in fighting back.

If Oregon gun owners are so apathetic that they cannot even rally to stand up for their rights, then our rights are clearly doomed to go the way of the dinosaur.

. 015_700.png

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top