JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So if this tripe happens to get passed into law, can we not embark on a ballot initiative effort to repeal it, like what happened with Ballot Initiative 88 (that BTW passed 66-34) repealing legislation that provided driver licenses for illegal aliens?

I think he was being sarcastic ;-)

1308831460_cd698b82b4.jpg

Well, I hope Oregon can dodge the bullet and slow down this idiotic movement.

Not gunna happen, and this is painful to write. The inmates are running the asylum, and Ma and Pa Kettle are too busy watching cheesy reality shows to notice that they are being wrapped in chains.

My latest reply from my Rep.:mad: I think I'll call him soon. At least he returns E-mail. Lee Beyer doesn't bother it seems. I'll try calling him too.

XXXXX,

Thanks for contacting me regarding the current discussions on universal background checks. I am in favor of universal background checks as the polls show a majority of Oregonians are also in support. However until any specific legislation has public hearings and reaches the House of Representatives after approval by the Senate, I will not know for sure if I will vote in favor of current proposed legislation.

John

John Lively

State Representative

District 12

900 Court Street, #488

503-986-1412

My latest reply from my Rep.:mad: I think I'll call him soon. At least he returns E-mail. Lee Beyer doesn't bother it seems. I'll try calling him too.

XXXXX,

Thanks for contacting me regarding the current discussions on universal background checks. I am in favor of universal background checks as the polls show a majority of Oregonians are also in support. However until any specific legislation has public hearings and reaches the House of Representatives after approval by the Senate, I will not know for sure if I will vote in favor of current proposed legislation.

John

John Lively

State Representative

District 12

900 Court Street, #488

503-986-1412

Engage Google politician translator mode:

I live and die by the polls. I don't think for myself (not even capable of it), nor am I responsible for the consequences of my own actions as a legislator. Popularity with the voters is what matters, nothing else. I've already made up my mind on a piece of legislation whose implementation and impact I don't understand or comprehend, just like the completely misinformed and foolish voters that put me here. But, since I have to try and appeal to everyone, I'll make a lame statement trying to show I haven't really made my decision yet, when you really know you don't have a snowball's chance in Hades of getting me to change my bought and paid for mind. Have a nice day. F**K you, you gun-loving, hateful, bigoted psychopath.

Translator off.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads