JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
does Lapierre deserve a million dollar salary? put 3/4 of that money into stopping the gun control OR THERE WILL BE NO NRA OR GUNS TO WORRY ABOUT
fund rasing is ok but when you phone 4 times a month then let Washington fall with little to no help & I dont expect much help for Oregon.........Im finished with people stuffing their pockets they look like the govt to me now

PROTIP: EVERY ORGANIZATION DOES FUNDRAISING

The piles of letters and solicitations I get from the humane society, cancer research orgs, etc. is the same.

Criticizing them for fundraising is derpy herp derp of the derpiest derp possible.

DONT DISMISS MY OPINION BECAUSE IT DOESNT WORK WITH YOURS...THERE ARE OTHER GUN ORGANIZATIONS THAT WILL DO MY MONEY A BETTER SERVICE.....and they dont freakin hound me for cash or try to bribe me with cheap swag;)

That Bloomberg is Satan incarnate himself.

Does anyone know why he hates guns so much? As a New Yorker, I can see him growing up in a liberal, anti-gun environment. But why is he so set on imposing gun control on the rest of the country?? Why??

He especially hates semiauto guns. Actually, he hates just about any type of gun, I think.

Here he is holding one of the demonic firearms that he wishes to rid the earth of:

View attachment 136111

View attachment 136112

(From an NRA article website)

WHY:Bloomberg has invested what he considers his two most precious resources into a nationwide anti-gun jihad: his money and his ego.

First off, I'm an NRA life member as well. So I'm just as much of a paying supporter. I'm also an OFF member. The NRA may have done something federally but, it was really pointless because we aren't going to see any major firearms changes federally over the next two years anyway.

However, we ARE going to see the Oregon government pass gun control this year. And why? Because the major $$$ political donors for pro-gun were absent from the midterms in Oregon and Washington. NRA ignored I594 in Washington and they are going to ignore UBC in Oregon.

I think they are considering it as combat triage, lose the coast, but focus on the rest of the country. This bothers me because it's so obvious. So, they want my money and they'll fight (buy candidates) to make sure the Federal government doesn't take way my rights, but the state government will take them all away before the Feds get a chance because the NRA is ignoring the state legislatures.

I don't know why you would keep giving money to an organization that spends it making sure a pro-gunner gets elected in Louisiana, but lets your state reps strip away all your rights. I guess that's great if you live in Louisiana.

It's the same principle as concealed carry . . .
"When seconds count the police are minutes away!!"
If Oregon firearm owners don't care why should an outside organization?

Sheldon

Man, that is absolutely incredible that Michael Bloomberg spent $600,000 to influence last November's elections in Oregon. That is a huge amount of money, and clearly bought a lot of TV and radio ads. I guess that when a person is worth $36 Billion, $600,000 is not much money.

It is wrong that people living outside of our state can pour so much money into our elections.

Now we know why the Democrats did so well last November: the election was bought!!!

I have got to believe that our founding fathers never meant for elections in our country to be run this way.

That's what happened in Washington, they basically bought gun legislation with a state initiative!!!!

Sad that members here helped elect the snakes who are against us, pro 2A liberal gun owners are our enemies along with MAD & Doomberg!!!!

Be sure to pat yourselves on the back when new gun legislation becomes law in Oregon!!!!!!:mad:

Last Edited:
Um, well I'm an Oregonian and a firearms owner and I care... I don't even understand the point of your post Sheldon.

Money = Advertising
Advertising = Winning Elections
Therefore
Money = Winning Elections

The Bruce Starr (R Incumbent) v Chuck Riley (D) race was entirely won by advertising money. Riley had TV ads running that were blatant lies about Starr (which is sadly legal). I mean BLATANT. They even sent out a mailer that said Starr voted against a bill in 2009 and Riley voted for it, when the EXACT opposite was true. Even Dems admitted that were lies. But he had $75,000 from Bloomberg and another $175k from Tom Steyer.
Here is the truth about Chuck Riley. http://thinkingoregon.org/2014/12/09/who-owns-chuck-riley/

So with the NRA making a donation of $21k to the ENTIRE STATE, it seems like a pretty big "you're on your own" when Riley himself was just short of 1 million dollars.

Hope this gets your attention. Front page Albany "democrat'' herald Sunday Jan 25 2015. Washington states latest gun control movement was backed by Michael Bloomburg, now he's after ours as well. Trying to get a background checks for private gun sales. This almost passed 2 yrs ago here in oregon. Washington state is now the 17th state to expand background checks past the federal standard checks. Now, it looks like they will be zeroing in on Oregon. Oregon State senate Judiciary chairman Sen floyd proznski a demo for eugene plans on trying to get legislation passed to expand background checks for private sales as well. Why, should we allow a new york bozo [micheal bloomberg] to influence ANY of our state reps, rather they be democrats or republicans?? Little by little, one baby step at a time, they continue to try to erode our rights to own, sell,buy,or, trade, guns.

Next thing, will be wanting to have a complete list of all guns, you own, rifles, pistols, shotguns. And, i'll bet that IF this passes there will be fee levied for each gun you sell, or , trade, as a private citizen. Having a list would make it more simple when confiscation time comes as well. We are getting closer and closer as each year goes by to becoming just like other countries who have had gun confiscation. We've been warned by these other countries, and we tend to say, ''never, not us'' FAMOUS LAST WORDS.

This 100%. OFF is a great organization but there is no way they can compete with the national clout and money of Mom's Demand Action and Blomberg. We have NOTHING on this scale and it's why we lose. NRA may function on the federal level, but their opponents have found the end run around that by taking the fight to the states. Frankly without the money and clout from the NRA we'll get screwed on the state level. Again I believe and contribute to OFF and will continue too, but I am beginning to question why I continue to support the NRA.

That's not the whole reason. We lost in WA because TOO MANY GUN OWNERS DIDN'T VOTE (they figured their votes wouldn't matter or whatever) and maybe some gun owners voted FOR I-594.

OFF does what it can do, but Kevin is no Mikey in the money realm. Bloomberg dumped something like 2-plus million into Washington's campaign via his personal account and the Everytown lobbying group.

Our problem is getting out the vote. We can't hold guns to peoples' heads and force them to vote. Too many conservatives and gun owners evidently sat out the mid-terms in Oregon, too.

Our troops need to get off their fat apathies.

That's not the whole reason. We lost in WA because TOO MANY GUN OWNERS DIDN'T VOTE (they figured their votes wouldn't matter or whatever) and maybe some gun owners voted FOR I-594.

OFF does what it can do, but Kevin is no Mikey in the money realm. Bloomberg dumped something like 2-plus million into Washington's campaign via his personal account and the Everytown lobbying group.

Our problem is getting out the vote. We can't hold guns to peoples' heads and force them to vote. Too many conservatives and gun owners evidently sat out the mid-terms in Oregon, too.

Our troops need to get off their fat apathies.
Dave I appreciate your input. Unfortunately for us, the vote has been done. The action taken against us will be made by the law maker who've been elected. Had this issue gone to a vote I would be willing to bet it wouldn't pass, but with our state congress controlled by democrats I fear it's going to waltz right through.

Bloomberg is yet another rich fatcat using his money to buy influence. But in his case that's ok. He's a liberal democrat and has nothing but good intentions in mind. He will get a pass and not demonized by the media. Let a conservative rich fatcat do the same and Katy bar the door. As for our democrat governor being re-elected for a fourth term. Just look at the voting map. Most of the state, as in most states, is red. The specks of blue are the metro areas where the liberals live in large numbers. Has anyone noticed that when is comes to loosing our Constitutional rights it's the democrat party that's leading the charge. The media is there to make sure they get the credit and yet they continue to get re-elected. Continue to see out rights melt away as we continue to re-elect the ones taking them away. Democrats know it's for our own good.

Last Edited:
DONT DISMISS MY OPINION BECAUSE IT DOESNT WORK WITH YOURS...THERE ARE OTHER GUN ORGANIZATIONS THAT WILL DO MY MONEY A BETTER SERVICE.....and they dont freakin hound me for cash or try to bribe me with cheap swag;)

PROTIP#2: The NRA will stop hounding you if you ask them to stop, as will most other organizations. Using that as an excuse to drop the NRA is derp.

Especially when dropping the NRA is exactly what bloomberg wants you to do. Why would you follow his orders?

The proper response to the situation is for the pro-gun people in districts represented by rural Democrats to convince them to vote against any new firearms restrictions. Colorado is an example of the backlash they can expect.

Although the Democrats control both houses of the Legislature, many of them represent rural districts that have strong gun ownership populations. The urban Democrats have a strong base, but if a few rural Democrats refuse to go along, a bill cannot pass. The last time around, Betsy Johnson stopped it by herself, but her strong stand kept many rural Democrats from having to make a stand. This time around they will not have cover, and the heat will be on them.

The proper response to the situation is for the pro-gun people in districts represented by rural Democrats to convince them to vote against any new firearms restrictions. Colorado is an example of the backlash they can expect.

The anti-Democrat backlash that took place in Colorado last November after Democrats outlawed the sale and transfer of high cap magazines in that state is something that Oregon's Democratic leaders have most definitely noticed. A couple of them have noted that they don't want to go so far on gun control this year that they cause a backlash that makes them lose either of their majorities.

If we want this to be a viable concern for the Democrats, though, then it becomes all the more important for a really big crowd to show up in Salem at the Feb 9th rally.

OFF report, SEND THIS TO SEN. & REP.

1.jpg

The Numbers Are In. Another Embarrassment.

We now have the Oregon State Police numbers for firearms purchase denials for Oct. 2014. Once again, they demonstrate what a colossal sham the entire process is.

While these numbers are repeatedly used by politicians and anti-gun groups to "prove" that background checks work, they prove exactly the opposite.

Of the 19,901 background checks run by the Oregon State Police in October, 196 sales were "denied." Wow, that's 196 bad guys off the street. Maybe not.

Of the 196 desperadoes denied, a grand total of 5 were "arrested" or "taken into custody." Not a single one of the people who were denied because they were identified as felons or "otherwise prohibited" was arrested. Of those arrested we have no idea how many were actually charged with a crime.

8 people were denied for reasons of "mental health" but, as we have seen in the past, sometimes the police have no idea why these people have mental health holds.

Of those 8 the number taken into custody was...none.

Now keep in mind, the entire reason Kitzhaber/Bloomberg is trying to force background checks on private transfers is to "keep guns out of the hands of criminal and the mentally ill."

36 of the denials resulted in "Investigation Complete, No Action." So almost 20% of the denials were clearly against people who should not have been denied at all.

The State police claim that 13% of the denials were for people who were "wanted." So 26 people were "denied" a firearms transfer at that specific place and time. Of those a total of 4 were held by the cops. We don't know for how long.

10% of the denials were because the police said the gun they were trying to buy was stolen. In over 68% of those denials, no action was taken. Only one person was taken into custody as a result of a "stolen" gun. Again, we have no way of knowing if the person was ever charged with anything. So once again, we have less than 3% of all denials taking anyone off the street even if only briefly.

This is the system Kitzhaber/Bloomberg is determined to extend to every firearm you want to lend or give to a friend or family member.

The system is stacked to deny firearms to people who are law-abiding while doing virtually nothing to criminals and the mentally ill.

Look for the universal gun registration push to be used as a way to "stop" domestic abusers. This too is a shameful scam. Prohibitions on "domestic abusers" are routinely used to harass people who have received no due process while doing nothing to protect the abused.

Of all the background checks we paid the state to run, less than 1% resulted in denials. Of those denials less than 3% resulted in any kind of arrest. That's 0.025% And remember that means that more than 6 times every day one or more State Troopers were taken off the road, taken away from traffic accidents and crime fighting to waste their time investigating denials that served no purpose in almost every case.

The charade continues.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads