JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."
Dick the Butcher
Henry The Sixth, Part 2 Act 4, scene 2
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Normally, I echo Shakespeare's sentiment on the subject of lawyers - in this case, however, I have to go with the majority opinion - medical complications during pregnancy are nothing to fool around with. Get a lawyer and follow his advise. Sooner is better. Choose the lawyer wisely.

Ex Gladio Libertas

My ex it and killed a daughter and father some years ago.Got off legally cause the WSP almost couldn't stand up the road was so icy.
First thing her lawyer did was tell her to file bankruptcy so she couldn't be civil sued.So if you do sue them,just hope they have filed BK in the last 5 years and can't again for you.
Good luck

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."
Dick the Butcher
Henry The Sixth, Part 2 Act 4, scene 2
Normally, I echo Shakespeare's sentiment on the subject of lawyers - in this case, however, I have to go with the majority opinion - medical complications during pregnancy are nothing to fool around with. Get a lawyer and follow his advise. Sooner is better. Choose the lawyer wisely.

Ex Gladio Libertas

Yeah, it's funny how everyone hates on lawyers until they are in trouble.

Back when I was a Litigator I thought of myself as a hired gun -- a mercenary no different than my former military friends who are now "contractors." But, sometimes in this bubblegumty modern world that is exactly what you need: a professional expert whose interests are exactly aligned with yours and whose job it is to advocate for you and protect you from others who would try to hurt you.

My ex it and killed a daughter and father some years ago.Got off legally cause the WSP almost couldn't stand up the road was so icy.
First thing her lawyer did was tell her to file bankruptcy so she couldn't be civil sued.So if you do sue them,just hope they have filed BK in the last 5 years and can't again for you.
Good luck
They did.

Years ago, my wife (the first one if I recall correctly) was hit in her car by an uninsured teen. We actually got him into small claims court where it was determined he owed for the damage.

The judge added that winning a judgment is one thing, and collecting is another.

He went on to explain in minute detail how complicated it would be to recoup a single penny, and that we would surely fail. I sat there stunned and watched the lights come on in the kid's eyes, like a flipping sunrise! I thanked the judge for spelling out the other guy's options so clearly. Never saw either of those @ssholes again.

Last Edited:
Years ago, my wife (the first one if I recall correctly) was hit in her car by an uninsured teen. We actually got him into small claims court where it was determined he owed for the damage.

The judge added that winning a judgment is one thing, and collecting is another.

He went on to explain in minute detail how complicated it would be to recoup a single penny, and that we would surely fail. I sat there stunned and watched the lights come on in the kid's eyes, like a flipping sunrise! I thanked the judge for spelling out the other guy's options so clearly. Never saw either of those @ssholes again.

That Judge violated his Professional Conduct "oaths, or regulations" of not siding with either party... It seems like ~that Would~ Be enough to sue the Judge!!!!

philip....

im gonna keep this short and sweet, and then I will expand later on, when I have the time. 17 year old destroyed my car, with wife driving it, and another car in a rear end job. His fault. Parents let there policy lapse. I did some Intel. They have a $600,000 home in eagle idaho. They filed for bankruptcy 4 years ago. Business owners. There are past politacal ties. Extended family deep pockets. I have to pay my deductible, and pray State Farm gives me what I want for my car.
Do you think State Farm will get there money from them? Should I get a lawyer to write them a letter. My wives back is sore. And she's pregnant.
We aren't the sue type at all. So I'm not sure what to do.
Anyone been down this road?
Since they went banko 4 years ago, they cant go banko for 3 more years without someone going to jail. Get a great lawyer and get what's due you. State Farm will go after them for the car but as for physical damages that's on you (and your lawyer).
Something like this happened to my kid driving my last truck. My insurance kept on low balling me but from the start I insisted on vehicle replacement with one of similar value. They kept on offering more and I ended up settling for 1800 more than I was willing to sell it for! Be patient but push for a replacement vehicle and when they figure out they cant get one for what they are offering you they will increase the amount.

That Judge violated his Professional Conduct "oaths, or regulations" of not siding with either party... It seems like ~that Would~ Be enough to sue the Judge!!!!

philip....

That was a few decades ago in another state. Even if it were fresh and we lawyered up to sue or lodge a complaint, he could probably gaff it off as simply "providing information."

Whether or not we could've established that he shat upon his oath as a judge, it was a total d__bag maneuver.

Turning white paper into green can be difficult, but it can be done. When I was going for my Business Administration degree, I took a full year of Business Law and a full year of Contract Law. Both were taught by a heartless, ruthless, treacherous, vicious piece of shot attorney who was probably one of the best teachers I had.

He taught me more ways to collect money than I thought possible. He told me since I was a contractor that I would need these skills at some point in time. I also used a consultant who taught me how to have rock solid contracts, how to manage them and enforce them and keep my business out of court. The very few times I had to use these methods, my liens, lien notices and paperwork made it impossible for my non-paying clients to stiff me.

A little research can lead you to file liens on property and other jobs. I recently heard of a plumbing contractor doing over 2 million a year was stiffing one of his suppliers for 300K. The idiot plumber did not have his business structure set up in one or more LLC's, everything was still a sole propriatorship (sp, I know) the suppliers credit guy researched it and filed a lien on his personal home (worth 1M) and his vacation house too. Pretty sure he is going to get paid now.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top