JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Since private sales must go through a FFL, Which restricts us folks under 21 from possessing anything that isn't strictly "Shotgun" or "Rifle", would that limitation still effect dealers at a gun show? Would Someone under 21 be able to buy a "Firearm" like a shockwave or a AR pistol lower?

Thank You,

Since private sales must go through a FFL, Which restricts us folks under 21 from possessing anything that isn't strictly "Shotgun" or "Rifle", would that limitation still effect dealers at a gun show?

Yes.

Would Someone under 21 be able to buy a "Firearm" like a shockwave or a AR pistol lower?

Shockwave no; ATF guidance here and Mossberg note here. Bare receiver no; ATF ruling here.

Hope that helps.

Since private sales must go through a FFL, Which restricts us folks under 21 from possessing anything that isn't strictly "Shotgun" or "Rifle", would that limitation still effect dealers at a gun show? Would Someone under 21 be able to buy a "Firearm" like a shockwave or a AR pistol lower?

Thank You,
80% lower might be your only option for AR pistol unless you can find exempted family member who will sell or give you one.

Things like this cause me to be ashamed as a citizen, and increase my embarrassment of the good OL USA.
I am truly sorry for the young folk of today and tomorrow.
By the time I turned 21, I had buried several 18 and 19 year old friends, just completing my third tour in the Viet Nam conflict, believing at the time, (as I was told) my duty to god and Country would forever add to the security of our citizens, constitution, that we were on the side of righteousness.
As I age, every year, every new law against good people, leads me farther away from those beliefs.

Things like this cause me to be ashamed as a citizen, and increase my embarrassment of the good OL USA.
I am truly sorry for the young folk of today and tomorrow.
By the time I turned 21, I had buried several 18 and 19 year old friends, just completing my third tour in the Viet Nam conflict, believing at the time, (as I was told) my duty to god and Country would forever add to the security of our citizens, constitution, that we were on the side of righteousness.
As I age, every year, every new law against good people, leads me farther away from those beliefs.
Thank you for your sacrifices to our country. I too am sorry for the direction this country has gone and the way our 18 to 20 year old citzens are treated.

A stripped receiver is nothing until it is built. Ie not a rifle or pistol. With that said legally grey area but you could buy a stripped receiver and build it in to a pistol

A stripped receiver is nothing until it is built. Ie not a rifle or pistol. With that said legally grey area but you could buy a stripped receiver and build it in to a pistol

Nope. Bare AR receiver is sold as "other" on question 16 on the 4473. 21 to buy.
Question 16 instructions:

upload_2019-2-23_20-22-55.png

Since private sales must go through a FFL...

There is still one exception in Oregon for non family member private transfers. If both the seller and buyer are at a gun show you can use the "form for firearm transfer at gun show" and call-in background check process to perform the transfer.

...Which restricts us folks under 21 from possessing anything that isn't strictly "Shotgun" or "Rifle", would that limitation still effect dealers at a gun show? Would Someone under 21 be able to buy a "Firearm" like a shockwave or a AR pistol lower?

The only way will be to get it from a family member, or at a gun show from a private transfer. But if getting it from a family member, they can't buy it from a dealer specifically to sell it to you. A legitimate gift is fine.

If you are over 18 but under 21 you can own or posses a hand gun, but you can't buy one.

See exceptions above.

As we can not offer any legal advise or legal opinions, we'd recommend you consult an attorney.
Sorry, but this thread is closed, thank you for understanding.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads