JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
I get an error message saying: "There was an error while trying to upload the image" or something to that effect. No other problems, I'm able to post text, just not any kind of image. This has been going on for about of week now. No changes have been made on my end to my Macbook.
Any suggestions?

I get the time out error, on occasion. But its from my connection here. I reset my router every few days and that seems to help.

Test pic
Shiloh Sharps003.jpg

Upvote 0
This site has fought me for a couple of days. Let's see what it does tonight..

Edited to say...Uploaded the photo quickly, but when I came back for the edit, I'm plagued by little freeze-ups. Since yesterday, I have been plagued by big freeze-ups on this site as well as a screen that wont settle down.

WAYNO.

P1020770_zpsuhucspyc.jpg

Last Edited:
Upvote 0
Lets see if we can get this figured out! First goal is to see if we can narrow down which systems are affected.

Question 1: Which device, operating system, and operating system version are you using?

Examples:
  • PC, Windows 10
  • MacBook Pro, OSX 10.10 (Yosemite)
  • iPhone 6, iOS 9
  • Nexus 6P, Android Marshmallow

Question 2: Which browser and browser version is everyone using?

Examples:
  • Internet Explorer 8
  • Firefox 48.0.2
  • Safari iOS 10.0.1

Question 3: What type of file are you trying to upload?

Examples:
  • JPEG
  • GIF

Question 4: Are you using the Upload Photos button (next to Post Reply)?

What are the dimensions of the JPG you're trying to upload?

I found a 10KB picture and it worked. What is the size limitations? I've seen that somewhere before but I don't remember where.
10KB is a pretty small picture.

The max attachment file size for photo uploads in posts is 5MB. There shouldn't be a maximum dimension size as long as the the file size is under that limit. The software should resize anything above 1600x1600 pixels down to 1600x1600.

Upvote 0
Lets see if we can get this figured out! First goal is to see if we can narrow down which systems are affected.

Question 1: Which device, operating system, and operating system version are you using?

Examples:
  • PC, Windows 10
  • MacBook Pro, OSX 10.10 (Yosemite)
  • iPhone 6, iOS 9
  • Nexus 6P, Android Marshmallow

Question 2: Which browser and browser version is everyone using?

Examples:
  • Internet Explorer 8
  • Firefox 48.0.2
  • Safari iOS 10.0.1

Question 3: What type of file are you trying to upload?

Examples:
  • JPEG
  • GIF

Question 4: Are you using the Upload Photos button (next to Post Reply)?

The max attachment file size for photo uploads in posts is 5MB. There shouldn't be a maximum dimension size as long as the the file size is under that limit. The software should resize anything above 1600x1600 pixels down to 1600x1600.
  • Dell Inspiron/PC Win 10 x64
  • Cyberfox 48.02 (most current regular release version; its the same as firefox as far as this issue is concerned)
  • Trying to upload .jpeg mainly, but also tried to change file to .gif but that doesn't work either. This has been when replying to a thread, with the 'more options' page opened, as well as starting new threads.
  • I resized the dimensions as well as the file to pretty small files, with still no luck.
  • I've used the upload photos button, and every thing works fine until just after the progress bar finishes. Pasting pics from other sites works.
Thanks,
Hoss

Upvote 0
Still having trouble today creating a WTS ad w/ pictures.
Here's my humble setup:
Windows 7 x 64bit
Firefox 48.0.2
JPEG 800KB to 1.12 MB.
using "upload files" button
message " The following error occurred There was a problem uploading your file." appears shortly after the progress bar begins to move & show progress on all photos.

Probably a recent non-voluntary MS update screwing with us again.
Thanks for the support.

Upvote 0
Well I tried using regular Firefox instead of my usual browser Cyberfox, and it works! So, it is rare but occasionally cyberfox does have issues. I'll make a bug report to them. Ausie Radio Sat Array.jpg

Thanks for your time and effort-
Hoss

Last Edited:
Upvote 0
PC = Home
Operating Sys = Windows 7.1 Ultimate (all necessary updates)
Browser = Mozilla Firefox v47.0.1
Image uploaded = .jpg
By means of "Upload Photos" button

No issue with uploading today.

I will note that when I first logged into the forum, the thread topics were only partially there. It was strange. I had to run the mouse pointer down the list, over them to get the full topic to show correctly. Shrug

Upvote 0
PC = Home
Operating Sys = Windows 7.1 Ultimate (all necessary updates)
Browser = Mozilla Firefox v47.0.1
Image uploaded = .jpg
By means of "Upload Photos" button

No issue with uploading today.

I will note that when I first logged into the forum, the thread topics were only partially there. It was strange. I had to run the mouse pointer down the list, over them to get the full topic to show correctly. Shrug

Firefox current version is 48.02; I also noticed a new adobe shockwave flash available but have no idea if that means anything.

Upvote 0
I pulled down the Adobe update today. My browser, yeah, it's out dated. I have issues with updating all the time. I'm the type, if it's not broke, don't fix it. But since you brought my outdated browser to my attention, and the fact of "I am having issues", perhaps it's time to DO that upgrade. Or not.

For me, it boils down to the add-on scripts I have. If a continuous upgrading frenzy happens, eventually it kills the add-ons. I'll have to have a peek at them to see what (if any) get nixed first.

Upvote 0
Using Home pc, Windows 7 Pro, Firefox latest version.

Can't get any pic to upload, even once I downsized it. Never had this problem before.

Trying to upload jpeg and no go, just getting dumb error message that doesn't tell me what the actual error is.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads