JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What i like....G19

IMG_8898.jpg

Like everyone else has said what fits your hand the best, you shoot the best, and you trust with your life to never fail is your Ultimate Carry Pistol.

Here's a description of mine: Springfield XD45 Compact. It has a combat/carry trigger job by Springer Precision. Per my request it's a 4# trigger with zero overtravel and about 1/3 the reset distance of stock. I installed Trijicon night sights: The front is green tritium, the rears are yellow. I also installed a LaserMax pulsed guide rod laser. I carry this weapon daily in a Comp-Tac MTAC IWB @ 4:00 O'clock on a Comp-Tac kydex reinforced tapered belt. I carry it 10+1 loaded with Federal HST +P ammo with a 13 round magazine of the same on my weak side. I've got about $1100 into this complete setup and like it very much. If I could do it over the only change I would make would be starting with a 5" barreled 'Tactical Compact' as I'd like to shoot .45Super and this slide is just too light for that.

Hands down the best money I spent was on the trigger job. XD triggers are OK stock but the reset distance was killing my doubletaps. I just couldn't get used to the long reset, even after several thousand rounds. The trigger on this gun is absolutely superb now and I'll put it up against any other 4" barreled .45ACP on the market for accuracy. My 1911 buddies have all been amazed at how nice it feels and shoots. It completely changed two of their minds about 'Tupperware' guns. After comments on it's accuracy the thing most are pleasantly surprised by is how 'soft' XDs shoot. Some don't like the XD because of it's relatively high bore-axis... but that bore axis is most of the reason why the felt recoil is so much less than most other .45s.

I've got somewhere past 8k rounds through this pistol without a single malfunction of any kind. I've shot everything from aluminum cased Blazer and steel cased Wolf, to Buffalo Bore, HST, lead semi-wadcutters, Fiocci, Remington, Winchester, etc. You name it, I've tried it and it all works without fail. :s0155:

yeah that HK P2000sk in 357sig would be great.

i've got an XDm .45 fullsize, but it is not ideal for concealed carry. Looking for something prime for concealing but here's my dilemma: how do you balance out price and reliability?? I'd like to spend 350-400 on a piece and 1) not be another polymer pistol and 2) have high capacity.

I could just be like everyone else out there & get a Glock 26, but thats kinda boring. I've ruled out a wheel gun because of the limit on capacity....

So my final question is: who makes a reliable, yet inexpensive concealed carry piece with high capacity & a good warranty (not a Taurus ;))

my buddy loves his XDsc .40

everyone has apreference, it is tough to say what would be the ultimate carry for someone elxe. I will take alot of derision for this one but I carry a Keltec P32. And here's why, if I am carrying concealed it is too difficult/awkward to carry a full size pistol. It is a "last chance" tool I hope to never use. I'm not going into combat with it so IMHO it is about having the tools to level the playing field, give myself the route of escape.

What works for others, may not work for you. Too many variables in what each of us wants in a carry gun. Go to a well stocked gun store, or gun show and find one that fits your hand and really jumps out at you. If you can find a range that rents guns, that is a good way to find one that works best for you. Go to a busy range and see if some folks will allow you to shoot their guns.

From my experience, finding the perfect carry gun has been a life long quest, which explains my over flowing gun safes and box-o-holsters.

S&W has some airweights out for around $450 right now 38sp 5 shot.

yeah I know it's only 5 shots and only 38 and I can't just change a clip, an , an

But it does fit in a front pocket really nice

I've tried a LOT of different carry guns, but for this thread - assuming you are carrying IWB - I'll just recommend one: <broken link removed> . It's at least as narrow as a Kahr, but with (IMHO) a much more usable trigger.

Here's a quick shot of my 9mm Walther next to my G23, not the greatest picture but gives an idea of how thin the PPS is. If you carry IWB, these are an excellent choice, mine has been absolutely reliable and accurate.

I just put a set of Meprolight night sights on mine, and got the +1 pinky extension magazines (so now its 8+1 instead of 7+1). I prefer to have more rounds and will carry the G23 when I can, but there are times when something smaller and lighter is better than nothing at all.

I've been carrying the Sig P229 in .357 sig for years, but at 30 oz (don't know if that's loaded or empty) it's gettin a bit heavy.

I'm looking hard at the new Kimber Solo or the new Sig P290, both 9mm.
5.5" long, 3.9" high, 1" wide. The Sig is 20 oz, and the Kimber is 17oz.. Are there any others out there in that same size?

Glock 30 (.45 ACP) in winter under a sweatshirt or jacket.
Ruger LCP in summer, disappears in a front pocket.
Both firing Hydra Shoks.
Complete confidence in both firearms and ammo. Never forget to test how your firearm will perform when firing your carry ammo.

do not buy a para, they are the worst. I think most members here that have had one, myself included found them to be POS, and their customer service is worse than HK. I vote for a commander size 1911 also.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top