JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i should mention that part of the reason im looking at 1911's is the adition of the beaver tail safety. Anyone have a preference as to what they prefer in a compact pistol either 40 or 45acp? I've been told you'd get better knock down with the 40 but it can be pretty snappy especially in a compact. How is the Emp in 40?

I have a 9mm beretta right now, and don't get me wrong its a great pistol, not too big, decent amount of rounds, but im thinking about getting something with a lil more knockdown power and possibly something slimmer.
I held a Kimber ultra carry saturday and loved it, i've also seen the para warthog online but im wondering what else others would consider or already have. If i could find the ching i really like the springfield emp 40 aswell but don't know much about any of these. HELP??

88 Magnum, it shoots through schools. (ok used that one before)

Seriously, I'm happy with my Kahr p45 and P380. There are other smaller choices like a PM9.

The Springfield EMPs look sweet, but I haven't shot one, so I really don't know.

My 2 cents, for whatever its worth.

Love these threads

The best CCW is
The gun you can pick up and put the sites on whatever you are looking at every time,instantly
Kind of point shoot.
The gun you can pick up and hit the target very easily,every time
The one you like the feel of in your hand
The one the recoils is way more than manageable,no bother at all.

Then the right size and then the looks and then the caliber.

I make jokes about calibers and such,but if you can hit the target consistently then the caliber is second.

For me it is 1911s in 45acp or most glocks.
I pick them up and put the sites on target instantly.Don't always hit perfect,but they aim good for me
Don't mind the recoil on anything up to the 10mm (biggest auto loader I've shot),so the smaller one are no problem.

If you find one that fits your hand well,the rest should follow.

Love these threads

The best CCW is
The gun you can pick up and put the sites on whatever you are looking at every time,instantly
Kind of point shoot.
The gun you can pick up and hit the target very easily,every time
The one you like the feel of in your hand
The one the recoils is way more than manageable,no bother at all.

Then the right size and then the looks and then the caliber.

I make jokes about calibers and such,but if you can hit the target consistently then the caliber is second.

For me it is 1911s in 45acp or most glocks.
I pick them up and put the sites on target instantly.Don't always hit perfect,but they aim good for me
Don't mind the recoil on anything up to the 10mm (biggest auto loader I've shot),so the smaller one are no problem.

If you find one that fits your hand well,the rest should follow.

Well heres the thing, the beretta fits my hand just fine, but i like the feel of the kimber more, plus the added safety, but i've never shot a compact 45 so how do i know if recoil is managable for me, i can loosly grip my 9 and bust caps like its no ones business but its still only a 9.

My first 1911, first "real" gun was a SA Ultra Compact. I had a slight hesitation on recoil until shooting. 45 is a soft round- it was a softer shooter than my G19. I would def shoot one first, but you should be fine. If hesitatnt avoid a lightweight frame.

I have a 9mm beretta right now, and don't get me wrong its a great pistol, not too big, decent amount of rounds, but im thinking about getting something with a lil more knockdown power and possibly something slimmer.
I held a Kimber ultra carry saturday and loved it, i've also seen the para warthog online but im wondering what else others would consider or already have. If i could find the ching i really like the springfield emp 40 aswell but don't know much about any of these. HELP??

Kahr CW45. lite CCW. 19oz. USA made. Half the price of a Colt. And a 45 acp is all the stopping power you need. Slower feel than the .40. The .40 cal has a shape rap feel to the hand.

I have a Ed Brown 1911, but I still love my Berettas (I have 5 of them). This is my everyday carry... Works great...

View attachment 194343

whats that like carrying a full szie all the time? I love the 92s but couldn't imagine carrying one all the time, my px4 sc feels big enough as it is, partially why im thinking a compact 1911 because of how much thinner most of them are.

whats that like carrying a full szie all the time? I love the 92s but couldn't imagine carrying one all the time, my px4 sc feels big enough as it is, partially why im thinking a compact 1911 because of how much thinner most of them are.

I like it a lot. I have carried sub compacts for years - I carried an HK USPc45 for about a year. And, one day I compared it to the Beretta 92... The grip length was almost the same...

So, I bought a holster, and gave the Beretta a shot. I love it... I prefer to shoot fullsize guns at the range..> And for once, I am doing tons of practice with my carry gun. I did have to finally get some NP3 covered grip screws because of rusting issues on the grip screws. Not that issue is solved.

I can only carry the gun at the 3 o'clock position - but I can hide it even in a t-shirt in teh summer. I'm not a big guy either... 6'1" and 180lbs

I have a Citadel and for the money, it's a great pistol. It is a little heavy, but a Supertuck and a good belt handles the weight just fine. Great shooter for the size also.

I really enjoy my Glock 19 that I have cut down to accept G26 magazines.

4699902781_877c22501b.jpg

Baby Glocks are OK I guess (I had a 33 once) but they just don't point correctly for me. I prefer something that I don't have to think about bringing on to target. The grip angle on a Glock is just wrong for me. I carry a Kahr CW45 with a CT laser (well, when the new holster gets here that is).

Well, the new holster is her and I'm carrying the CW with CT. Car gun is a Taurus Judge Public Defender or Draco, just kind of hard to hide the Draco!!
----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

The grip angle on a Glock is just wrong for me. I carry a Kahr CW45 with a CT laser (well, when the new holster gets here that is).

Whereas I much prefer my glock 26 over the kahr I shot before purchasing. It's all personal preference.

I dont know the exact specs, but IF the baby glock is smaller than the px4sc, it's negligible at best.
The kahr does have the advantage in this aspect.
Perhaps a glock 36. Small, slim line frame that shoots 45acp. I actually traded a glock 36 for my glock 26. While the glock 36 was noticeably slimmer, I preferred the 9mm g26 and it's many magazine choices.

I've been eying the px4sc lately though. It's a big plus that it will exchange mags with my full size px4.
I love the idea of a subcompact ccw that allows me to carry a standard sized 20rnd magazine for backup.

There is one thing that has not been said in this thread. Semi auto jam. And if you do not practice,practice, practice. You are better off with a revolver. I have tried to teach my wife how to used a semi auto. And I have learned that some people are not able to work a semi auto. So now I am looking for a S&W 613 revolver.

Your a glock lover. There is no lighter 45 acp for CCW than Kahr P45. And smaller. USA Made.

Personally, i'm a px4 lover. ;)

Besides the trigger and general feel of the kahr, the thing I disliked the most was that the manufacturer said unequivocally that their guns needed a "minimum of 200 rounds" break in period. I wont carry a gun that malfunctions on me, not even once. It simply wasnt worth the gamble for a premium priced gun that I didnt particularly like in the first place.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top