JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a 9mm beretta right now, and don't get me wrong its a great pistol, not too big, decent amount of rounds, but im thinking about getting something with a lil more knockdown power and possibly something slimmer.
I held a Kimber ultra carry saturday and loved it, i've also seen the para warthog online but im wondering what else others would consider or already have. If i could find the ching i really like the springfield emp 40 aswell but don't know much about any of these. HELP??

I carry a kimber ultra carry and I love it:s0155:. Asking a question about the perfect carry pistol is like asking what kind of beer people like. Be prepared for a wide spectrum of answers.:huh:

:quote:
I carry a kimber ultra carry and I love it. Asking a question about the perfect carry pistol is like asking what kind of beer people like. Be prepared for a wide spectrum of answers.

Yes and i like to hear everyones opinion but if you drink heinikin were done talking lol

Never heard anything but bad things about the Para warthog. Really never heard much in the way of positive things about anything from Para. Though there may be people out there that love them. I have owned a Kimber and would not hesitate to buy another. Just my 2 cents. The perfect carry pistol is the one you can count on 100%, and shoot accurately with. What works for others may not work for you. :)

I carry full size 1911...... in the future when I'm done with all my curent projects I'll get compact 1911 kimber or maybe springfield.

Emp is great gun, finally have one on the way. On the normal 1911 reliability can start to suffer below 4", SA redesigned the emp around the 9/40.
Champion/commanders are nice as well.

My advice on micro 1911's is to go all steel. Once a gun is that heavy a few more ounces for a steel frame is not going to matter much since you are going to need a good holster anyway.

I had a Para Slim Hawg that was an excellent firearm, but I think I would probably go with the Kimber. My first choice for a small 1911 is my Colt Officer's model.

I also had an .40S&W EMP. It was a beautiful gun but the Colt was still my first choice.

ColtOfficers-1.jpg

If you want a decent micro 1911 with all the bells and whistles for a low price get a Springer Loaded UC.

SALoadedUC-1.jpg

If you want something a little more exotic and "locally grown" you could look for a Detonics Combat Master. They are very nice guns. I love mine.

9mmMKVI-1.jpg

I am an old school 1911 guy. I have a mixmaster I built up several years ago; it is reliable and easy to carry and didn't cost more than $600 to assemble. I bought a Springfield XD in .45 ACP a couple of years back and am beginning to get comfortable enough with it to begin carrying it sometimes. I agree that it is a matter of personal fit first of all. You have to be comfortable with your weapon. As for beer, there is only one choice any intelligent person can make: Deschutes Brewery Black Butte Porter. :s0155:

:quote:
I carry a kimber ultra carry and I love it. Asking a question about the perfect carry pistol is like asking what kind of beer people like. Be prepared for a wide spectrum of answers.

Yes and i like to hear everyones opinion but if you drink heinikin were done talking lol

Preferably becks dark.:s0155::D

I stick with Bacardi, beer just makes me pee!! as for pistols sig 239 in 40 is good single stack. I also do a glock 32 in 357 sig or a sig 229 in 40 are all concealable on me. I enjoy them all.

I carry a kimber custom carry II. I keep it clean and lubed and BANG BANG everytime.

As to Beer, when I do have it I perfer Bards Tale, gluten free beer. Very refreshing.

anyone own or have much experience with a citadel? Anyone have any advise on building a compact 1911? If i can save some money that'd be great cause what im lookin at right now will cost me my beretta and another 500

The Citadel is a super gun. I have owned 2 of the compacts. Accurate, dependable, and priced great. Full length stainless guide rod, skelotonized hammer, target style trigger, lowered and flaired ejection port, Novak syle sights, you get all the goodies for right around $500 at Wholesale Sports. As a carry gun at 32 ounces empty, no way. My Colt Lightweight OACP is 25 oz, my Kimber Pro Carry is 28.5 oz, and my M&P .40 compact weighs less loaded with 10 180gr rounds in the clip than the Citadel weighs empty.
Might be your cup of tea for a concealed handgun, just not mine.
I am sure I'll end up owning another one.

for a carry piece that doesn't need a lot of reholstering, hard to beat the glock. The Glock 36 is 27 ounces completely loaded. If you're willing to go to the 45GAP round the glock 39 or 38 are both amazing carry pieces that weigh in real light. the 29 is heralded by a lot of folks as a great ccw glock that has lots of umpf.

As much as I hate conceding to Gaston's less than ideal levels of safety, glocks in the 45 and 10mm flavors are some of the best when it comes to a ccw package (kahr 45's were too punishing with that narrow grip for me).

A frankenstein glock 36 upper with a 30 frame also has been heralded by LAPD (correct me if I'm wrong) undercover detectives as the way to go.

I had an emp in 40. again too punishing for me to want to practice with it especially considering my p2000 weighs less, carries more, has no spotty reliability record, and is much easier to shoot. P2000sk in 40 might work for you.

anyone own or have much experience with a citadel? Anyone have any advise on building a compact 1911? If i can save some money that'd be great cause what im lookin at right now will cost me my beretta and another 500

I hear that the Citadel is a pretty good 1911 for the money. You may also want to check out the bare bones Springfield 1911's at around $550.00..That's about half the cost of the Kimber or Colt, and you can buy a bunch of ammo with your savings.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top