JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Getty sells their photos.

I found the rifles interesting. You can expand them to near full screen.

Bruce

Having served as a sniper....albeit it has been a while since doing so...
It seems to me that that second link's pictures may be "Staged"....its pretty clear in detail and the shooter is very exposed to being viewed / spotted.
However...I was not there and there may be more to the story so to speak.

After further looking....The first link's pictures look iffy too....
Again....very clear and very exposed to view .
And again...I ain't there in Ukraine...so my thoughts may be worthless.
Andy

Edit to add...
To be clear here...They may indeed be pictures of a sniper...
I am just doubting that the pictures have been taken during actual combat.

Last Edited:
Hope he likes the equipment my taxes helped buy him. He should stop the glamour shots and put it to use so we don't have to keep funding his shooting program.
Hopefully he can buy his own with his side hustle photo money!

7A37F1EA-F383-4A26-9EAF-AD7DB19360B2.jpeg

Having served as a sniper....albeit it has been a while since doing so...
It seems to me that that second link's pictures may be "Staged"....its pretty clear in detail and the shooter is very exposed to being viewed / spotted.
However...I was not there and there may be more to the story so to speak.

After further looking....The first link's pictures look iffy too....
Again....very clear and very exposed to view .
And again...I ain't there in Ukraine...so my thoughts may be worthless.
Andy

Edit to add...
To be clear here...They may indeed be pictures of a sniper...
I am just doubting that the pictures have been taken during actual combat.
Fwiw from what little I know about photography is most all photos going to a site to be sold will be staged. There are candid photos of course but it is extremely rare, at least found on sites like that.

Fwiw from what little I know about photography is most all photos going to a site to be sold will be staged. There are candid photos of course but it is extremely rare, at least found on sites like that.
With that in mind....
Something to consider then...
Is just how "authentic" the gear and equipment are in the photos...
As in ...just what is actually used in the field / combat ...
And what is given to the subject to be used only in the photo , 'cause it looks better , more dramatic or whatever....
Andy

With that in mind....
Something to consider then...
Is just how "authentic" the gear and equipment are in the photos...
As in ...just what is actually used in field / combat ...
And what is given to the subject to be used only in the photo , 'cause it looks better , more dramatic or whatever....
Andy
Good point. The Ukrainian girls with AKs are an example. They were airsoft.

Some of the journalistic or personal videos do show weapons pretty well. Warleaks, skynews, the sun, and rarely bbc news all have combat videos from ukraine. Some of them are pretty illustrative of conditions and weapons used. One does have to question the video though to see if it fits, as some of the earliest combat videos were from other conflicts. "The sun" in particular has a lot of Ukrainian combat videos.

A random example:

Last Edited:
Good point. The Ukrainian girls with AKs are an example. They were airsoft.
Hope he likes the equipment my taxes helped buy him. He should stop the glamour shots and put it to use so we don't have to keep funding his shooting program.

View attachment 1378401
How about Ukraine funds its own damn war.
But no lets phuq over our own people to support a dictator in Ukraine(Zelensky), so he can help cover up crimes tied to the Biden's in Ukraine like the Bio Labs there.

Re staged war photos, this famous 1855 photo (labeled as the first photo of war) was subject of debate for ages. Turns out photographer took one photo of the site then people carried many more cannonballs to the road to make it more dramatic. The second photo is the famous one.

If you want to see some of the weapons being used in action (including a WW2 anti-tank rifle) and the conditions under which they are maintained in the field, watch this video. It was made prior to the Russian intervention. It's quite good if you can view it as a neutral observer without taking sides.

View attachment 1378401
You think the money actually made it there? Doubt it. It just went into politicians pockets and the military complex.

Defund Ukraine. Let them settle their little border dispute on their own.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top