Two days ago, it finally happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
On March 30th, I was walking to my church On Columbia Blvd. An addled homeless man became "overly friendly" and I ignored him. On May 1st, I began walking the 2.2 miles to the US Bank on Columbia River Highway (US 30) and ran into this chap yet again. I stopped and told him that I didn't want to be bothered. He took great offense to this and went off ranting and cursing. I took care of my banking business (withdrawing the cash for my rent).
I took another direction back home, hoping that I wouldn't run into him a third time. No such luck. The same filthy idiot began screaming, shouting and approaching me with a long dog lead/"choke chain". I kept him at a distance with my walking stick and drew the Bowie Knife I was carrying. He kept ranting and raving until he finally backed off. I went on to my apartment and haven't heard from him since.
Next year they plan on "expanding" the funding for Columbia County Mental Health Services, increasing the number of "crazies" within this tiny town of 12,000 souls.

Remember: it happens in small "javel water" towns too.

Be aware and remain vigilant.

Seen types like this in Seattle all the time, just kept my distance and was never bothered. Drawing on someone approaching you, regardless of what they’re saying could get you in hot water. Bring some pepper spray if you’re scared and only pull your firearm if in fear for your life. IMO

OP
C
Reactions
Seen types like this in Seattle all the time, just kept my distance and was never bothered. Drawing on someone approaching you, regardless of what they’re saying could get you in hot water. Bring some pepper spray if you’re scared and only pull your firearm if in fear for your life. IMO
Threatening me with a dog lead/choke chain wasn't meant to enhance my well-being.

WoodsPlinker

Reactions
A few banks have been robbed in town there too recently.

I wonder if that is the same homeless guy I saw hanging around the bridge near highway 30 and scap vernonia. He was kinda hanging out in the bushes and then crossed the road into the neighborhood there.

If he did that to you, imagine what he might do to the kids that constantly walk to school in town.

I have noticed an uptick in transients, in my mind I was thinking it was just Portland overflowing but maybe more to it?

And yeah dude, carry if ya can, the world is dark and full of terrors. But if ya don't at least quite a few around here do. Hell I've even some guys open carrying in scappoose.

I also carry pepper spray and a good knife, good to have tools for all threat levels.

WoodsPlinker

Reactions
Oh one more thing, police are shared between towns here, don't expect them to help you.

When I called 911 for a hit and run the only cop to respond was 45min away in Rainier.

And when I called the cops for hitting a deer they were 30 min out and that was in town.

If you are rural, you are likely on your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Seattle, WA, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom