JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I sure hope not! Did a search and didn't find much.

I have searched high and low for another. Found a couple with one on eBay, several years ago, that went quite high and was pretty beat up (that seems to be the norm)!

I picked this up from my brother, who I basically stole it from (didn't know at the time. We are estranged now and all I do is smile whenever I see it!). I had an old glass fishing rod that he really wanted. I picked it up in the '70's from a local HW store (Statewide, if anybody remembers these?!) and gave less than 35 bucks for it! He offered a straight across trade for the Track Knife and I accepted! This was probably the 1st knife that got me hooked on knives! I just loved the design and shape of it! I loved that the logo was a paw print, that it was made by a gun company and that I picked it up for next to nutthin! Since acquiring it, I have done a lot of research on it (not much out there!) and have come across a few of the other designs of the fixed blade versions. A lot easier to find than the folders. This particular model is the "Sun River" version and another was called, "The Luger"... good luck finding one of these (Please let me know if you have one, or where I can get one!)! The Track knives were a corroboration with Ray Schmidt in Whitefish, Montana and Ithacagun! The models originally sold for between $40 and $70! Track made 17 knives total (16 fixed and one folder - no one seems to include "The Luger"). I like a few of the fixed, but other than that, I am not a particular fan of them. Don't particularly "not" like them, just that I love the Folder!

Anyway.... without further ado, my "Sun River" folder that I stole from my brother...

Track-Knife1.jpg

e8281a42-2ca6-42f5-b9e3-e7471ee0bb0c-zps7nblikga.jpg

ddac68f2-1c77-482c-bffb-bca9e2b21460-zpsae4tcgsv.jpg

20200503-120531.jpg

I hope to get a Thread started where you, "Show your Track Knives". That'd be COOL! This one has a serial number of 5XX on it.

If anyone has any further info on these, please let me know, as my research folder on these and the maker, is quite thin.

Last Edited:
Nice knife !
Styled a bit like a Buck 110.

Did an Image Search on Track Knives Ithaca Gun and it turned up mostly fixed blade knives.
Real working knives and not cheap if you want to acquire one.

Beautiful knife!

I could never be into knives like this. I'd totally use that to cut up a bunch of stuff unbeknownst it was worth something as a collectible. I can only imagine the horror on a collector's face as I baton a pile of wood with a knife worth hundreds if not thousands of dollars. Only to then coarsely scrap a fero rod moments later a handful of times as the collector collapses.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top