JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
On March 30th, I was walking to my church On Columbia Blvd. An addled homeless man became "overly friendly" and I ignored him. On May 1st, I began walking the 2.2 miles to the US Bank on Columbia River Highway (US 30) and ran into this chap yet again. I stopped and told him that I didn't want to be bothered. He took great offense to this and went off ranting and cursing. I took care of my banking business (withdrawing the cash for my rent).
I took another direction back home, hoping that I wouldn't run into him a third time. No such luck. The same filthy idiot began screaming, shouting and approaching me with a long dog lead/"choke chain". I kept him at a distance with my walking stick and drew the Bowie Knife I was carrying. He kept ranting and raving until he finally backed off. I went on to my apartment and haven't heard from him since.
Next year they plan on "expanding" the funding for Columbia County Mental Health Services, increasing the number of "crazies" within this tiny town of 12,000 souls.

Remember: it happens in small "javel water" towns too.

Be aware and remain vigilant.

Any reason you are carrying a knife and not a sidearm? Glad you made it through without being harmed or having to harm.

Seen types like this in Seattle all the time, just kept my distance and was never bothered. Drawing on someone approaching you, regardless of what they're saying could get you in hot water. Bring some pepper spray if you're scared and only pull your firearm if in fear for your life. IMO

Seen types like this in Seattle all the time, just kept my distance and was never bothered. Drawing on someone approaching you, regardless of what they're saying could get you in hot water. Bring some pepper spray if you're scared and only pull your firearm if in fear for your life. IMO

Threatening me with a dog lead/choke chain wasn't meant to enhance my well-being.

And it will get even better when we see more and more mentally ill aggressive homeless people from other countries, unable to translate plain and specific English language commands to stand down or get hurt.

Last Edited:
A few banks have been robbed in town there too recently.

I wonder if that is the same homeless guy I saw hanging around the bridge near highway 30 and scap vernonia. He was kinda hanging out in the bushes and then crossed the road into the neighborhood there.

If he did that to you, imagine what he might do to the kids that constantly walk to school in town.

I have noticed an uptick in transients, in my mind I was thinking it was just Portland overflowing but maybe more to it?

And yeah dude, carry if ya can, the world is dark and full of terrors. But if ya don't at least quite a few around here do. Hell I've even some guys open carrying in scappoose.

I also carry pepper spray and a good knife, good to have tools for all threat levels.

Oh one more thing, police are shared between towns here, don't expect them to help you.

When I called 911 for a hit and run the only cop to respond was 45min away in Rainier.

And when I called the cops for hitting a deer they were 30 min out and that was in town.

If you are rural, you are likely on your own.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top