JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Whats a benchmade R&D knife worth that never went into production? On the box the label says its called a boomslang.

20200809_215718.jpg 20200809_215801.jpg 20200809_215812.jpg

Probably want to try a knife forum, where people will really geek out over that.
That being said, I have an older benchmade prototype that was given to me by a retired LE friend of mine that is apparently worth $300 +-.
But I'll never find out if it's really worth that much because I'll never sell it, I like it to much!
Yours might be worth quite a bit to the right buyer.

You could post at Bladeforums and might get a better idea of the history of the knife and value. if you haven't yet, you could also just email or call Benchmade and see if they could shed any light on it.

Looks tactical and S30v vs 35 is a little different for a 2018 knife. Beefy blade and good looking. Nice knife.

I'd say that asking $300 wouldn't be out of line for a Benchmade Proto. Could be even more if it's a custom maker collaboration and the maker is Uber popular.

Cool, thanks for the info
I'll say this, proto versions of Emerson production knives have been going for around the same price he sells his custom knives for ($850 table price). They are hand ground by Emerson personally, and I have no idea if Benchmade does the same thing (likely not, since I don't think they hand grind anything), but that gives you a high end ballbark.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top