JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Suit yourself.

IMO, I'd rather have folks with major air time be outspoken pro2A than not. IMO, he and John Stossel are the major mainstream non-NRA brand folks doing the most for 2A efforts. At least TC is devoting real some airtime specifically to the topic, not mentioning it just in passing.

Boss

Suit yourself.

IMO, I'd rather have folks with major air time be outspoken pro2A than not. IMO, he and John Stossel are the major mainstream non-NRA brand folks doing the most for 2A efforts. At least TC is devoting real some airtime specifically to the topic, not mentioning it just in passing.

Boss

The problem is, one side listens to/watches ONLY the side they are aligned with. If I were forced to watch Maddcow, or Carlson, I'd watch Carlson. All these pushers do is get one side all riled up and hating on the other side. I don't believe or watch either side.

The problem is, one side listens to/watches ONLY the side they are aligned with. If I were forced to watch Maddcow, or Carlson, I'd watch Carlson. All these pushers do is get one side all riled up and hating on the other side. I don't believe or watch either side.

Therein would be my question. Did you even watch the clips provided?

Please show me any other major host
in a major time slot on a major network who
has said what TC has said, as firmly as he's saying it. Not a guest, but the host themselves. I'd be interested to see.​

I would agree, each side is entrenched with own mindsets. 'Tribalism' is more prevalent than ever. TDS is alive and well, and the right has it's 'far right' side too.

What folks like TC might do is help educate/inform some of the moderates and Fudds, so maybe, just maybe, the next election comes around, they might factor that into their voting decisions.

But I also hear ya...alotta media coverage, I just flip the channel as its garbage. Point of this thread is to share one guy in particular that is pretty clearly taking the time to firmly articulate and support gun rights for law abiding citizens.

Boss

I just can't watch any of the talking heads anymore... I get too riled up. I already know what I think and the guests/panels talking over the top of each other just gets too annoying.

Yup, I have no need to hear/read the other side... we are all entrenched and the divide has never been greater. So be it. The other side must be defeated. Where are these minds that have not been made up yet... are they not paying attention to what has been going on?

I just can't watch any of the talking heads anymore... I get too riled up. I already know what I think and the guests/panels talking over the top of each other just gets too annoying.

Yup, I have no need to hear/read the other side... we are all entrenched and the divide has never been greater. So be it. The other side must be defeated. Where are these minds that have not been made up yet... are they not paying attention to what has been going on?

That's it in a nutshell...the 'far sides' of each have have/know their positions and likely won't change their minds. That battle is for those in the middle that can be swayed/won over. So folks like TC taking the time to educate/expose have their value in reaching at least some of them.

You just have to wade/tolerate all the other minutia around it. Herein, you find the time mark so you can 'fast forward' right to the relevant discussion. And like I say, TC's few minute opening monologue is usually worth the time. YMMV.

Boss

. Did you even watch the clips provided?

I watched this one at the time you said. All he said was Venezuela disarmed the people.? Heard it before, here on a daily basis if I read everything. I would hope that these news sources would educate someone, but I don't hold my breath.

what then is a preferable alternative?o_O

Alternative to what? You mean where could we go to get truly un-biased reporting? I don't have any idea. It's like a woman that every man she's got close to ends cheating on, abusing and beating her. She can't trust any man now. No matter how nice they seem, she can never fully trust one again. Right now I can't think of anything I've read or watched that calls itself "News", "Fair and Balanced" etc, that I haven't pick out the bias after watching for a short while. Hell, I do better getting news here, listening to everyone's thoughts, ideas and opinions, with some links thrown in for context, than if I watched/listened to so called, news networks.

I watched this one at the time you said. All he said was Venezuela disarmed the people.? Heard it before, here on a daily basis if I read everything. I would hope that these news sources would educate someone, but I don't hold my breath.

I took away a bit more out of it than that. There was explanation of how it happened (for the children...sound familiar?) and drew a direct correlation to similar efforts here in the US. He's using it as case study, with very real-world, real-time examples, to show where these efforts can lead (images of people getting run over by armored personnel carriers can be persuasive).

Boss

I don't think the national news "educates" anyone at all. Nor do I believe it was ever intended to do so. Regular news is entertainment. We are no longer informed because we can't believe anything that appears as "news". (In truth, we never could, we just didn't know it. Today it's pretty obvious.)

Opinion/editorial shows: People that look to talking heads for education are very few and far between anyway... those that watch have already made up their minds, those that don't know what they think don't watch/read/view/etc, either because they are too busy, don't like politics or current events, or don't care. <shrug>

You better get busy if you're going to lead all 10 of those people in the middle to water! :p;)

That wasn't my point, but I hear ya.

I'd say its something like a bell-curve...most in the middle...the concern with them is the whole 'reasonable' sales pitch...oh, doesn't just this one little 'inconvenience' (ie another restriction) seem reasonable?? Many uninformed moderates 'well, yeah, that doesn't seem too bad...(especially as I don't own one of those). ' Bait and switch. As we all know.:s0013:

My horse/water point was we have a major TV host on our side, and some folks get sidetracked in the minutia and noise. Sometimes you gotta pick the tree out of the forest and take what you can get. Seriously. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Boss

I record Tucker Carlson - Then watch what interests me while coffee-ing up in the morning.

When his political opponents come on his show, daily I might add... (he invites them to debate, something his political opposite shows avoid like the plague) and if they start in filibustering their views, I can fast forward.

Generally, T.C. shuts them down when they filibuster, but not always. When he does let them lecture/pontificate their views, bang, fast forward I go. Keeps my blood pressure from sky rocketing...

He has one of the few shows in favor of Conservative views.

Not much of that going around...

Another Conservative show, that yes, to a large degree is infotainment, is the Greg Gutfeld show.
Very entertaining show with a Conservative perspective, often very funny!

He loves to mock rachel maddow, cnn, msnb, etc. when they air their, ahem, less than Conservative perspectives.

Sir, I believe you nailed it.
In my ever so humble opinion, the media serves one purpose and that is to allow people to find articles that promote their own beliefs.
That way they can point and say, :"Look, I'm right. It says so right here".
I know what my beliefs are. I don't need to be told by some tooth-whitened product of plastic surgery that would fall mute without the aid of a teleprompter.

TC right now is probably my most watched. IMHO, he is actually pretty insightful on some of the big, but often uncovered topics, and he lays it out pretty clearly. He is not a fan of how some of the MSM has destroyed good peoples lives, and is often calling for accountability (something that will likely never happen, but at least he's trying). Like I say, his opening monologues are usually worth the time.

And he has the most distinct pro2A stance. He does at least try to pin down some of his guests on the issue...particularly the ones who are for confiscation. TC's positions aren't new, he's been on our side for some time:

WATCH: Tucker Rips Calls For Gun Control After TX Shooting

Hannity is OK, but he's very, very repetitive on certain things, night after night.

Boss

Sir, I believe you nailed it.
In my ever so humble opinion, the media serves one purpose and that is to allow people to find articles that promote their own beliefs.
That way they can point and say, :"Look, I'm right. It says so right here".
I know what my beliefs are. I don't need to be told by some tooth-whitened product of plastic surgery that would fall mute without the aid of a teleprompter.

The problem is that the GC crowd doesn't care about playing fair. They are going to use the MSM, which supports their side, to promote their agenda.

So you can either stand by mutely with the 'I'm so right I don't need to do anything/Constitution!' attitude, or you can try and counter their misinformation campaign. How's the phrase go...The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Those that want to take will eventually run over those that just want to be left alone if they just sit there.

That's why VOTING and lawful-participation in the democratic process is kinda important.:rolleyes:

Boss

If I watch any Fox it's only TC, but like others have said so much rinse and repeat on these. I get my news on my radio. John Carlson, Michael Medved, Ben Shapiro and Lars Larsen mainly. I'll also peruse Axios as they seem to give just what happened w/o the left or right spin...Which i'm beyond tired of.

"...the media serves one purpose and that is to allow people to find articles that promote their own beliefs."

Like anti-fa, blm, etc sympathizers?

You're speaking of cnn, msnbc, the antiquated abc, nbc, cbs, the view, most Sunday political shows, etc. with very few Conservative perspectives aired because the MSM doesn't care for promoting that...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top