JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think we all can postulate and over analyze what is going on and the causes of such, but the end result is how do we react to the negative civil actions of others that could impact our own well being? We cannot control the thinking and behaviors of the reactionary masses, but we have to watch how their actions will affect us.

I am a planner and numbers geek sometimes and this is no exception. A long time ago I had written a plan for some level of SHTF. This plan had bench marks and action triggers in it, and some of those triggers have been reached and I had to take some proactive actions today. Did I ever think that would happen ?

Not really, but they did and it forced me to look at what the next level of triggers is and since I felt I was about one, maybe two days behind. This actions have nothing to do with the corona virus, they have everything to do with the public's reaction to the media hysteria and how that behavior will affect me.

Problems in transportation and distribution will be the next issue to deal with. Like the others, I like my easy life and have no desire to go camping or bug out. The fact is also, as the government lays additional restrictions on personal movement, we are getting into areas where very little planning and modeling has been done, and even if done, would be inaccurate at best. These are the restrictions that could affect the transportation and distribution system from a personnel standpoint, realizing that fuel distribution would be included in that.

I listened to most of the press conference. Trump has done a good job of bringing relevant players to the table. Quite an impressive coalition. FDA; Pharma; medical supplies; big retail.... list goes on. Lots of serious experts able to articulate what is being done. He sounded very tired. He needs a break. The Dems and the media have done a great job of turning this into a crisis and then using it. Kate Brown is not wasting any time. I am concerned about how far she will go to lock us all down. I am stuck in Salem right now. When I get ready to get on back to MT I do hope there are no restrictions.

I am stuck in Salem right now. When I get ready to get on back to MT I do hope there are no restrictions.

ON 9/11/11 I had three airline flights booked that week. Cancelled of course. At least I was at home and not out on the road already. I knew a guy who was on the East Coast on business, and his flights were cancelled. He tried to rent a car the next day but no rentals were available. He ended up buying car, took him three days to drive home, had to sleep in the car two nights and got a hotel another night.

Seeing no contrails in the sky for those few days was pretty strange.

Trying Costco in the morning...hopefully what I'm going for isn't on the hysteria radar.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I started a thread on how, at opening, Costco parking lot was full to the hilt. So much so that you couldn't even get up near the doors to drop-off and hover, then pick up the wife.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I started a thread on how, at opening, Costco parking lot was full to the hilt. So much so that you couldn't even get up near the doors to drop-off and hover, then pick up the wife.

Got to Costco at 5 minutes after opening time to find the line down the length of the building, around the fuel islands to almost the edge of the property!

Said "Hell No" and left. Did other shopping and errands and came back a couple of hours later to find some of the best parking I have ever had at ANY Costco! Stood in line for a minute and a half and went in to find no petri dish sample stands, no crowds...almost surreal!

Not one package of TP in the place, and two guys rationing paper towels.

Got my things (most on sale), went to checkout with no line whatsoever, and had one of the most stress free Costco runs ever!

Strange days, Indeed...most peculiar!:s0114:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads