JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm kinda surprised that the BGC program itself doesn't automatically assign an OSP number once the 'Submit' button is pushed on the screen - on it's way to OSP. Oh wait. I'm thinkin Texas. Maybe OR still uses paper forms? I'll wait to see if an OR FFL chimes in here. Thanks!
It may. I dunno. That's out of my wheelhouse.....

So called "high capacity magazines" were in place during or shortly after the Civil War with "Gatling guns"? Helped tame the West?
How about the Girandoni Air rifle. Used by the Austrian military in the 1700s.

"With a muzzle velocity of 1,000 feet per second, the windbuchse, literally "wind rifle," could put a lead ball clean through a one-inch pine board at 100 yards. Its full 22 round magazine could be discharged completely in less than 30 seconds. In comparison, its contemporary gunpowder driven musket was considered accurate to only about 50 yards. In the European theater of war, this made for a fearsome weapon that discharged no dense smoke to obscure the battlefield or loud report to betray the position of the rifleman. It was also impervious to rain, which would quickly negate the usefulness of gunpowder."

1670969722069.png

Just stated that the mag ban won't be ruled on today. He will consider and rule no later than the 17th (end of the 10 day temp)

As long as three day releases are still allowed we will be ok but if the judge allows the three day releases to go bye bye we are screwed. The OSP will slow roll us all the way to the day permits are required.
They are slow rolling us now. That will be put into account I am sure and shows the side of the AG being shady.

Listening right now. OMG someone take the State AG's pen and tell him that he needs to use a quill and ink bottle for the remainder of the hearing, because that is all they had in the 1700's

They are slow rolling us now. That will be put into account I am sure and shows the side of the AG being shady.
I'm hopeful that the plaintiff's attorney's are going to bring this up. Those responsible for the 3 day rule way back when were brilliant. It puts the government on a clock. They need to be expedient in doing their job, or there is NO background check. With the three day rule out, there is no longer any incentive to move things along. We're already seeing the OSP slow walk approvals. The most charitable view would be that the OSP is overwhelmed. But it would be easy to argue your point - that they hope to just delay everyone.

Some compromise needs to be made that will keep the fire under the OSP. Maybe something like if you go past 30 days and you're not disqualified, it is $500 per week or something like that. Right now the OSP doesn't have to care.

Off on a tangent here; my local Bi-Mart is still selling and apparently has instructions to continue as long as they can. They are still getting rifles and handguns into the store.
But what are their terms? Just putting you at number 37,000 is no good. We need the three day rule, are they doing that?

That said, I was picking up more ammo at bimart yesterday. Someone cleared after 30 days and they were picking up. (BTW, BiMart has $15 / 30 for 5.56 and $17 / 20 for 7.26 in ball ammo right now.)

I'm hopeful that the plaintiff's attorney's are going to bring this up. Those responsible for the 3 day rule way back when were brilliant. It puts the government on a clock. They need to be expedient in doing their job, or there is NO background check. With the three day rule out, there is no longer any incentive to move things along. We're already seeing the OSP slow walk approvals. The most charitable view would be that the OSP is overwhelmed. But it would be easy to argue your point - that they hope to just delay everyone.

Some compromise needs to be made that will keep the fire under the OSP. Maybe something like if you go past 30 days and you're not disqualified, it is $500 per week or something like that. Right now the OSP doesn't have to care.
I wouldn't say Brilliant as the democrats did that when the brady bill was passed. bill Clinton passed it originally with 5day cant remember why it changed to 3.

That was brutal. 9hrs.... 🤣

The judge is definately a stud. I believe he will make a fair ruling... whatever that ends up to be.

Just to put it all in one place for reference...current timelines and status of the 3 main points being challenged in 114.

Permit to purchase: Indefinate stay. At such time that the state notifies the court that they have a fully operational permit scheme in place, a hearing will be scheduled within 10 days from the date of notification by the state

He would not rule on the legality of the permit provision until such time as it can be presented in it's totality. The possibility still exists that even with a working system in place, he may still issue an injunction.

Closing the 3-day "loophole" (Their terminology, not mine.) A stay was ordered today. A hearing is scheduled for Dec 23rd for the state to challenge and he will make his ruling on January 3rd, 2023.

Mag Ban: TRO is still in place. Parties have until noon the 16th to submit documents and will make his ruling following the cutoff on the 16th.

That's all I got.

Edit: Typo correction. The 16th on the mag ban (Friday), not the 17th. Sorry!

Last Edited:
Closing the 3-day "loophole" (Their terminology, not mine.) A stay was ordered today. A hearing is scheduled for Dec 23rd for the state to challenge and he will make his ruling on January 3rd, 2023.
Shouldn't the judge know about the slow-roll of background checks in his decision on the 3 day rule?

Seems like come FFL's could provide affidavits of how slow things are moving, thus the 3 day rule should remain in place to hold the regime accountable for actually processing them timely.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top