JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If that is the case, doesn't that really screw you guys for an indefinite period - re having things shipped to OR, slow BGCs, and all of the uncertainty? We're all getting used to governmental goat-ropes - but wow. Or, maybe 114 in limbo is a good thing for you? Everything I've read here so far tells me y'all are ready to blow chunks. Am I missing anything?
Good and bad, but mostly good as it allows business as usual with no permit requirement and at the moment, the 3day law is still active.

The bad though is that it weakens the ability to show harm, but.. that's a minor thing and not desireable, anyway.

If that is the case, doesn't that really screw you guys for an indefinite period - re having things shipped to OR, slow BGCs, and all of the uncertainty? We're all getting used to governmental goat-ropes - but wow. Or, maybe 114 in limbo is a good thing for you? Everything I've read here so far tells me y'all are ready to blow chunks. Am I missing anything?
As long as three day releases are still allowed we will be ok but if the judge allows the three day releases to go bye bye we are screwed. The OSP will slow roll us all the way to the day permits are required.

The mag ban is all but locked up with the first witness for our side. CA compliant 10rd mags would not be compliant with OR's 10rd mag ban and any rifle or pistol with a removeable mag could not be sold in the state. Restricting the right to purchase firearms if a permit is required or not.

The state is trying to establish that 10+rd mags were not in common use when OR's constitution was adopted, but that's a moot point. It doesn't matter how many rd's per mag were in common use or not. What matters is... was there any restriction on how many rd's a mag was allowed to hold or not.... and... what is in "common use" today.

All "spin" trying to muddy the water, but the judge is awesome..... SO far. I doubt he's falling for it.

Last Edited:
So it will be on the 23rd"... he said. 🤣

christmas-die-hard-meme - Copy.jpg

The mag ban is all but locked up with the first witness for our side. CA compliant 10rd mags would not be compliant with OR's 10rd mag ban and any rifle or pistol with a removeable mag could not be sold in the state. Restricting the right to purchase firearms if a permit is required or not.

The state is trying to establish that 10+rd mags were not in common use when OR's constitution was adopted, but that's a moot point. It doesn't matter how many rd's per mag were in common use or not. What matters is... was there any restriction on how many rd's a mag was allowed to hold or not.... and... what is in "common use" today.

All "spin" trying to muddy the water, but the judge is awesome..... SO far. I doubt he's falling for it.
There was no computers back when freedom of speech was written up either. Maybe we go back to quills and ink with pigeons.

There was no computers back when freedom of speech was written up either. Maybe we go back to quills and ink with pigeons.
It seems we have. Free speech is uncensored if it's on paper, but digital.... censored up the wazoo... and no one has ruled that unconstitutional yet. ;)

It seems we have. Free speech is uncensored if it's on paper, but digital.... censored up the wazoo... and no one has ruled that unconstitutional yet. ;)
Digital speech is not censored by the government any more than on paper. The owners of the digital forums can censor all they want without the constitution coming into play.

Digital speech is not censored by the government any more than on paper. The owners of the digital forums can censor all they want without the constitution coming into play.
And now we know old twitter had apparently, among other things, built a back door for Federal agencies to review and ask the company that it shut down or bury certain people posting "misinformation", which as we know, might constitute 1st Amd infringement

Lol this AFT guy, he gets to go on trips all over the world to visit fire arms manufacturers and tour their facilities. Sounds like a cake job on the government dime.

So that thwarts any intentional OSP slow-down, right?
(With those FFLs that do 3-day, I mean)
Kinda(?). The 3day clock doesn't start until there is an OSP number assigned. If they aren't even acknowledging a BGC is in progress that might still delay the 3day clock....

....but.... I'm not an FFL so that is a little out of my wheelhouse to know the exact specifics of how that works. Maybe an FFL or other in the know can elaborate?

Kinda(?). The 3day clock doesn't start until there is an OSP number assigned. If they aren't even acknowledging a BGC is in progress that might still delay the 3day clock....

....but.... I'm not an FFL so that is a little out of my wheelhouse to know the exact specifics of how that works. Maybe an FFL or other in the know can elaborate?
One FFL I know begins the clock the day after the background check is initiated, then counts three days (not including Thanksgiving or Christmas), then on day after those three days, it's eligble for release. That doesn't mean it will be released but they will consider releasing it on that day. Some FFLs don't count Sat and Sundays, some don't add the extra day.

I'm kinda surprised that the BGC program itself doesn't automatically assign an OSP number once the 'Submit' button is pushed on the screen - on it's way to OSP. Oh wait. I'm thinkin Texas. Maybe OR still uses paper forms? I'll wait to see if an OR FFL chimes in here. Thanks!

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top