JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So i lost my drivers license and I wanted to buy some beer, so at the checkout I showed the cashier my concealed license, and she was confused, so she then showed it to her libtard manager, and the manager said they dont accept it. I told her this is better than a drivers license.

Libtard manager denied again.

Anyone had the same problem before?

My guess is it is not on the "acceptable" list. Every state is different. The OR liquor control (or whatever they call it there) will put out a list of acceptable forms of ID to buy liquor. If some retailer takes a form not on the list they are leaving themselves open to a ticket. Even if the person is of legal age they violated a rule by accepting the form of ID not on the approved list.

Actually here in Washington ... that might be a problem.
Our CPL's do not have a photo.
If you were stopped while carrying , had your gun and CPL , but no photo ID , I wonder just how much of a jam would you find yourself in?
( let alone the look of the clerks face upon seeing a CPL when buying beer :eek::D )
Andy

Last Edited:
I've no doubt the next store will sell you, you'll soon figure that out. Meantime, treasure these moments as they end in short order. All too soon the clerks will glance up to your face as you put the 6 pack on the counter and no one will be asking for your ID. You can't go back there to that earlier time either, it's over forever and but a memory. It's an eyeblink and a memory man, I'm tellin ya. Laugh it off and keep the memory as that memory will get better and better.

I could be wrong but my OR CHL doesn't have an holograms or anything on it sobit would be pretty simple to replicate vs a DL.

@Caveman Jim - we get crap paper and OR has a DL looking laminated card with your pic and everything on it. I keep my WA license between my OR one and my NRA card to try and keep it from desingrating in my wallet...

So i lost my drivers license and I wanted to buy some beer, so at the checkout I showed the cashier my concealed license, and she was confused, so she then showed it to her libtard manager, and the manager said they dont accept it. I told her this is better than a drivers license.

Libtard manager denied again.

Anyone had the same problem before?
I woulda bought you beer. We gotta stick together, people!

keep in mind, i get carded all the time because i look 17 and cant grow facial hair. i went to buy ammo at bimart with my CHL they told me it has to be goverment issued and on "the list" of accepted IDs.... LOL i asked the clerk "does Marion County Sheriff's Office not count as government issued?"

she sold me the bullets.

pretty sure she was new and just doin her job, which is fine.

As someone that regular has to ID people for purchases, no, your CHL is not a valid ID (though I believe it should be). Most rules/laws say "state or federal ID" and an OR CHL is county issued; they don't even look the same. Now, in the rare instance I've been handed a CHL has ID, I explain the same thing, with a wink, and will accept it. I know more goes into a CHL than a drivers license.

The manager can refuse to sell. However a lot of people don't know that an id signed by a sheriff, according to homeland security, is acceptable. For those who have seen a sheet of paper for employment from homeland security that some employers use, it gives an example on what acceptable id is. Chl, because it's an id recognized by an official, is id.

Seems I'm wrong and the liquor commission rules need to change.

Last Edited:
OLCC doesn't care about HL

ACCEPTABLE ID Under Oregon law we may accept only the following forms of identification alone as proof of age:
1. A valid U.S. state* driver license with a photo
2. A valid ID card issued by a U.S. state* with photo, name, date of birth, & physical description
3. A valid passport or passport ID card
4. A valid U.S. military ID card *
Includes District of Columbia ORS 471.130, ORS 475B.170 OAR 845-006-0335, 845-025-2820

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top