JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Simple solution, get a new DL and go buy your beer. A conceal permit isn't on the list of approved forms of ID.
Not the cashiers fault. Why should they risk losing their job because "you" don't have the proper ID to purchase beer.

On a side note I played on a men's league softball team years ago. We had a guy on our team that was always the strange guy.
His photo on his license was the funniest most stupid photo I've ever seen on a piece of ID:
Before the game he went to buy beer for the game and the cashier asked for his ID.
The girl behind the counter took one look at his photo and said "c'mon, I know you got weed, give me some"
He started to say no, why would have marijuana, etc.

She just showed him his ID and asked how much weed he had.

So he pulls a bag of weed out of his pocket and she told him he can have the beer if he gave her the weed.

So he came to the game with free beer.

It was one of the funniest stories I've ever heard.

When I first turned 21, I was stopped at Kells downtown by the bouncer who asked to see a second form of ID. I look young for my age so at 21 I looked 16.. When I handed him my pilots license, he proceeded to tell me that it was not a valid form because he didn't know what it was. Said he needed a debit/credit card instead. So my license issued by the Federal Aviation Administration with holograms, ghosting, etc was apparently a lesser form than an easy to forge debit card.. Riddle me that.

If you show a CHL as ID for alcohol whoever receives it should personally thank you for your patronage. Why? You effectively declared, as far as they know, you're not a (known) criminal. You should get a discount.

Actually here in Washington ... that might be a problem.
Our CPL's do not have a photo.
If you were stopped while carrying , had your gun and CPL , but no photo ID , I wonder just how much of a jam would you find yourself in?
( let alone the look of the clerks face upon seeing a CPL when buying beer :eek::D )
Andy

I just got my new Washington CPL and it's a card with my picture on it.

Not all CPL's in Washington show a picture....mine is still current and was issued / renewed in 2017 ...and there is no picture...anyone could claim to be me with it....
( Although , Why the Hell anyone would want to , is beyond me...:D )
Andy

Not all CPL's in Washington show a picture....mine is still current and was issued / renewed in 2017 ...and there is no picture...anyone could claim to be me with it....
( Although , Why the Hell anyone would want to , is beyond me...:D )
Andy

They started it this year. Your next one will be a card. It's pretty primitive as far as a state issued card goes.

Thread resurrection!

Getting upset about someone working a low income job, who likely has to deal with much worse types than you, about not accepting one form or the other identification is up there with complaining that you can't shoot 40s&w in a 9mm.

Get a new DMV issued identification card, move along.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top