JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Still getting used to them but, it shot ok today.:D
IMG_20160709_154231.jpg

Are those VZ grips? How do they compare to the factory?

I'm torn between the VZ and the rubber finger grooved style for mine. The stock ones just seems a bit too plastic ish.

Are those VZ grips? How do they compare to the factory?

I'm torn between the VZ and the rubber finger grooved style for mine. The stock ones just seems a bit too plastic ish.
I have big hands and have tried the finger groove grips on a few different pistols and never really cared for them. Especially on 1911s
But that's just my experience

I have big hands and have tried the finger groove grips on a few different pistols and never really cared for them. Especially on 1911s
But that's just my experience

My hands will not fit size large gloves. I can do extra large and they are comfortable but are not loose at all. I have long fingers that aren't dainty but they are slimmer then some of the meat paws I've seen on some guys. (I can reach over an octave on a standard piano spreading my thumb and pinky if that helps anyone that play the piano lol:p).

The houge grips on a GP100 fit my finger size well. And I've tried a 92fs with houge grips that I liked a lot.

If I keep the gun then it will be an EDC and I'm leaning towards the VZ grips to keep it slimmer. The rubber ones seem to fatten them up some but that could just be the way it looks in a picture.

Saw this pic and really like the color combo on a stainless gun:

image.png

I really do like the VZ griptilian grips. I also have used the Houge rubberized finger groove grips on my Kimber Compact ultra II and love them! Until very recently, My STI's have been stuck with the factory Grip, which isn't any better the the old school Colt 1911 factory wood grips, that has now changed, and my newest will be wearing a set of VZ's when done!

I really do like the VZ griptilian grips. I also have used the Houge rubberized finger groove grips on my Kimber Compact ultra II and love them! Until very recently, My STI's have been stuck with the factory Grip, which isn't any better the the old school Colt 1911 factory wood grips, that has now changed, and my newest will be wearing a set of VZ's when done!

I like the "warmth" of VZ grips, almost like the feel of wood. I had aluminum grips on a Sig and didn't care for them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top