JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went to Hogue website but am unable to find either of these grips there. I need them sold but I don't have clue 1 what they're worth. I'll list them in the classifieds, for a reduced price, as soon as I can get a value. If anyone can help get me a value, I'd sure appreciate it.
These are from a deceased individuals stash of guns/reloading stuff that I'm helping his mother sell.
The 1st 4 pics are of the black grip & the 2nd 4 pics are the wood looking grip.

Dan
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg
5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg

Hard to say for sure without inspecting more closely/looking at the back, but I believe those may be the original grips off of a couple different government model Colt 1911 handguns which were swapped out for Hogue wraparound aftermarket grips. My guess is that someone put the originals in the packages from the aftermarket grips for storage. I do this myself from time to time. The rubber ones look like what I recall Colt using starting in the late 1980s/early 1990s up through more recent times.

The PN for the Hogue on the packaging comes up with some that have fingergrooves on the front. My Dad has an older Springfield 1911 from the 80s/90s that has these Hogue grips on it.

I'd guess this is to the benefit (for $value) compared to the Hogue grips, which can be purchased still pretty reasonably (under $20 it appears). I'd potentially value these grips (if original Colt, and look to be in nice shape) at more than that.

I didn't inspect the package. My bad..:oops:
They need to go because I/we have no use for them.
I'll figure something out. Shame they're not worth much as it would cost a buyer more to buy & ship then what the grips are worth.
Thank all for the replies.

Dan

I didn't inspect the package. My bad..:oops:
They need to go because I/we have no use for them.
I'll figure something out. Shame they're not worth much as it would cost a buyer more to buy & ship then what the grips are worth.
Thank all for the replies.

Dan
I have seen factory Colt grips sell for a nice price. There are buyers out there. They are definitely worth more that Hogue grips.
I would put them in the $40 range, if I was selling them.

I'll check the packages. I 'think' both grips have the Colt logo on them. I just assumed the grips were Hogue.
Much appreciate the information from everyone. That's why I love this site, useful info and people willing to help. :D

Dan

I have some Hogue grips similar to the black rubber one. If I recall correctly, Hogue made Colts 1911 factory grips for a while (but you couldn't tell unless you looked under them). What probably happened is the previous owner purchased aftermarket Hogue finger groove grips and put the factory grips in the package for storage.
I literally did that myself. I suspect thats what happened here and your looking at factory grips that came with the gun.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top