JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I live close enough to TCGC that I can hear the shooting. I applied approx. 3/13 & about 6 months ago emailed to see where I was in line. They said I was #600 which I thought was great b/c when I applied I was around #2000.

Interesting, as they say on their website: "Please do not contact us to find out where you stand on the list or when you might hear from us."
So I never have as I figured they might just bump folks who emailed them back down the list:eek: I sent my name to the list way over a year ago and have never heard a word......:oops:
I joined Douglas Ridge Rifle Club and it is a nice facility. Only problem is that it is at least a 45 minute drive each way IF I manage to miss traffic on I5 or I205.

Interesting, as they say on their website: "Please do not contact us to find out where you stand on the list or when you might hear from us."
So I never have as I figured they might just bump folks who emailed them back down the list:eek: I sent my name to the list way over a year ago and have never heard a word......:oops:
I joined Douglas Ridge Rifle Club and it is a nice facility. Only problem is that it is at least a 45 minute drive each way IF I manage to miss traffic on I5 or I205.

Douglas Ridge was at a gun show & I talked to them about joining but they had a chinese menu of options & they were way too expensive for what you got. My son belongs to the oldest gun club in the US - The Hartford Gun Club in CT and it's like a country club with manicured lawns & real nice buildings. It's only $500/yr which isn't bad for a place like that.

Douglas Ridge was at a gun show & I talked to them about joining but they had a chinese menu of options & they were way too expensive for what you got. My son belongs to the oldest gun club in the US - The Hartford Gun Club in CT and it's like a country club with manicured lawns & real nice buildings. It's only $500/yr which isn't bad for a place like that.

The annual dues at DRRC are $150.00 or $12.50 a month..........

The annual dues at DRRC are $150.00 or $12.50 a month..........

Well, I believe you but as I recall there were all sort of check boxes on the application and I thought they were overpriced. It's a moot point anyway b/c I live in Tualatin & can shoot elsewhere. Good to know that they're only $150 - that's very reasonable.

A few weeks ago I received an email inviting me to join & after finding out what they DON'T offer - like indoor shooting for anything other than .22's I bowed out.

Thanks...I feel better about them never contacting me. I'll stick with my PRPC membership. No RO's, can bring my own ammo, and every time I go, I'm the only one there. Just use my keycard to get in.

No RO's, can bring my own ammo, and every time I go, I'm the only one there.

Oh, those mean ROs. Imagine, someone who actually wants people to be SAFE while shooting a gun... the horror!
As for ammo, you can ONLY bring your own. They don't have/sell any. Not sure where you're going with that.
And "every time I go, I'm the only one there"...sounds like a popular place. With over 230 acres of outdoor shooting awesomeness, and multiple ranges for handguns, rifles, shotguns and tactical training, it's a rare day at TCGC when you can't get in the practice you want.
But hey, if breathing lead and shooting paper at 30 feet does it for you, then carry on.
I don't mean to sound like a dick, but I think TCGC gets a bad rap around here...wholly undeserved.
OK, my soapbox is now back under my bed, until I need to climb aboard again...
"Money where my mouth is" time...if any prospective member of TCGC would like to check it out, I'd gladly take you as a guest. No guest fees, but supply your own ammo.
John

You can usually get shot shells at the club when Bruce is there to fill shotgun key cards, Tuesday and Thursday evenings and Sunday day. The price is about even with BiMart but we almost always have them. We are also ATTEMPTING to get .22 through the same distributor but no luck so far.
We have 50 plus auto clay throwers that are almost always available using the key card system.

Other than that you nailed it.

Oh, those mean ROs. Imagine, someone who actually wants people to be SAFE while shooting a gun... the horror!
As for ammo, you can ONLY bring your own. They don't have/sell any. Not sure where you're going with that.
And "every time I go, I'm the only one there"...sounds like a popular place. With over 230 acres of outdoor shooting awesomeness, and multiple ranges for handguns, rifles, shotguns and tactical training, it's a rare day at TCGC when you can't get in the practice you want.
But hey, if breathing lead and shooting paper at 30 feet does it for you, then carry on.
I don't mean to sound like a dick, but I think TCGC gets a bad rap around here...wholly undeserved.
OK, my soapbox is now back under my bed, until I need to climb aboard again...
"Money where my mouth is" time...if any prospective member of TCGC would like to check it out, I'd gladly take you as a guest. No guest fees, but supply your own ammo.
John

A little sensitive about a gun club aren't we? I don't believe I posted anything to give them a "bad rap". Just that they didn't respond to my multiple requests over the years. This is simply a fact, as you can see others have had the same experience.

As for the ammo, I never said you couldn't take your own to TCGC. I simply stated what I like about my gun club. I've never had an issue with RO's being "mean". And yeah, PRPC is a popular place. Last I checked there were a couple hundred on the waiting list. I just don't usually go during normal business hours. I even have to turn on the lights myself when I go during the evenings or late at night. Not for everyone, but I like having access 24/7 with my keycard. $8.33 a month and just a 15 min drive. It's a very small club but it works for me.

Isnt that range limited to just 22 ammo?
For rifles yes. Not handguns...Again not for everyone, but it works for me.

Ok thanks. Their rule book says lead only, no jacketed rounds, and all under 800ft/s which I did not think even 9mm would qualify for that. So I figured that ruled out everything I own and didnt bother to look into them further
Thanks, I just looked at the rule book online (assuming that's what you read) and it doesn't seem consistent with what I was told when joining. They have large bins for brass and I see cases of all types there. The website says under 900 ft/s but I haven't heard that either. I'm wondering if maybe it is an old copy of the rule book. My keycard works 24/7 and I have spoken to other members who go after 9pm as well (website says 9am-9pm). I'll have to send them an email...

A little sensitive about a gun club aren't we?

Yes, and probably to a fault.
I didn't mean to disparage your club, as that's exactly what I'm defending TCGC against. Perhaps they don't need my defense, and I should learn to keep my trap shut.
Listen, if your set-up works for you, then that's that. TCGC is not the "End all, Be all" in ranges, and I should be thankful that there are other ranges, as we are pretty full anyway.
As a fellow firearm enthusiast, I am happy that you and others are active members of any shooting establishment. As a group, we need more commonality, not less, and we need to support one another.
This is my humble start in that process...
Merry Christmas, and may your groups be tight.

TCGC. Been a member for 4 years now. My buddy has been on the waiting list for ~18 months.
I've sat in on several board meetings. If it's a good ol' boys club, you coulda fooled me. I look around at them and see the gamut of people, rednecks to corporate board members.
I have not met a single member who I would deem an unpleasant person or a snob. There are some _serious_ shooters there too. Thanks to them, my pistol, shotgun and LR rifle techniques are better.
I haven't encountered a crowd there yet, weekends or weeknights. Still, I prefer to go during weekday mornings.
As far as ROs, haven't met a single one I would consider a tight-a33. When they spoke to me about doing something wrong, it was because I was.
I think it comes down to what you bring to the table. If you're chill, those around you tend to be too.

I had a great tour of the TCGC facilities yesterday with member Meridian7750 and found the grounds and ranges to be very nice with something for just about everyone. Met an RO and several other members and all were friendly and helpful. The future potential available at the site is great as the mining company abandons additional pits and they become available to the club. I would sign up in a second, if and when I ever get the call.:rolleyes:

Thanks again John,:)

Jim

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews