JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just moved out here to Winchester and I cannot find a good place to go shooting. I used to go to the rock quarry in mill city, I'm not willing to drive 5 hours to get out there.
When I was working down there, we would go out in the National Forest up past Glide.
Looks like there is a lot of state and federal land near your location.
Check current fire regs and bring water and shovel.

I'm yet to find a good outdoor place. Most BLM and NF is deep, dark timber. I'm a member at the Rod and Gun club, it's five minutes from you.

They've got 200 yard rifle, shotgun range and an outdoor pistol bay. They also do indoor pistol, but I'm not a fan.

I'm yet to find a good outdoor place. Most BLM and NF is deep, dark timber. I'm a member at the Rod and Gun club, it's five minutes from you.

They've got 200 yard rifle, shotgun range and an outdoor pistol bay. They also do indoor pistol, but I'm not a fan.
The R&G club is pretty good. I always prefer shooting at an established private or membership range vs forest land.

The rod and gun club will be your best bet right now. It'll be a good place to meet like minded people. Also they put on a very good Gun Show and that will be in 2 weeks at the fairgrounds. Right now shooting in the woods is kind of sketchy with the high fire danger and it being hunting season. The first rain will bring out the mushroom pickers and they will be everywhere.

Edited to add: that if you haven't yet you could go to the BLM office in Roseburg and get the forest circus and BLM maps of the area. If you look for the crossed picks that will tell you where a quarry might or used to be.

Last Edited:
I just moved out here to Winchester and I cannot find a good place to go shooting. I used to go to the rock quarry in mill city, I'm not willing to drive 5 hours to get out there.
Since this is an older thread, let me ask...Have you found an area to shoot? If not, Gassy creek east of Sutherlin has a few places you can shoot. Especially pistol. There's not many places for long range rifle shooting. I can give you directions in a PM to several spots we use.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top