JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I spent some time out that way a number of years ago. My information is probably dated but I remember there being 3 shooting spots in the area.

Pilot Rock Gravel Pit: 45.46455485876199, -118.8784297528076
Located just off 395 a few miles outside of Pilot Rock. Was a gravel bit on private property that the owner didn't mind if people shot on as long as they cleaned up after themselves and were responsible. It's literally parallel to the highway so be conscious of possible ricochets and muzzle discipline.

Radio Tower/Alkali Canyon Gravel Pit: 45.58504958928674, -119.00678580694633
This one is way out of town out in the boonies. Property records show it is private property owned by a land trust or something. Never got a for sure answer if shooting was allowed or not so proceed with caution. I only went here maybe 2 or 3 times.

Reservation Gravel Pit: 45.689715411732806, -118.53927759797857
This is the only one where I was told shooting is explicitly allowed and I know quite a few locals who go here. It is on the Umatilla Reservation so tread carefully with how you carry your firearms because tribal laws apply. Only went here once and thought it was okay for pistols and stuff but rifle shooting would probably be a let down.

Being in Pendleton, you're right at the foot of the Blue Mountains and could probably spend time trawling Google Maps to find shooting spots in the Umatilla National Forest. Beautiful area and an incredibly underrated part of the Pacific Northwest. Fun fact, that area isn't far off from where Paul Harrell films a lot of his videos.

I spent some time out that way a number of years ago. My information is probably dated but I remember there being 3 shooting spots in the area.

Pilot Rock Gravel Pit: 45.46455485876199, -118.8784297528076
Located just off 395 a few miles outside of Pilot Rock. Was a gravel bit on private property that the owner didn't mind if people shot on as long as they cleaned up after themselves and were responsible. It's literally parallel to the highway so be conscious of possible ricochets and muzzle discipline.

Radio Tower/Alkali Canyon Gravel Pit: 45.58504958928674, -119.00678580694633
This one is way out of town out in the boonies. Property records show it is private property owned by a land trust or something. Never got a for sure answer if shooting was allowed or not so proceed with caution. I only went here maybe 2 or 3 times.

Reservation Gravel Pit: 45.689715411732806, -118.53927759797857
This is the only one where I was told shooting is explicitly allowed and I know quite a few locals who go here. It is on the Umatilla Reservation so tread carefully with how you carry your firearms because tribal laws apply. Only went here once and thought it was okay for pistols and stuff but rifle shooting would probably be a let down.

Being in Pendleton, you're right at the foot of the Blue Mountains and could probably spend time trawling Google Maps to find shooting spots in the Umatilla National Forest. Beautiful area and an incredibly underrated part of the Pacific Northwest. Fun fact, that area isn't far off from where Paul Harrell films a lot of his videos.
Thank you sir, I did some research on maps and the reservation pit seems the most feasible

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top