JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
RinInOR...
The steels on the silhouette range are "in the field"...
They are always down range, at various distances from the firing line.
Example, the small "chicks" steels are 25 yards, the bigger chickens are 50, pigs are at 75, goats 100, etc (doing this from memory, may be off on numbers or species, but you get the idea). Must be over 100 steels out there.
It's a great range...the kids dig it!
It's a hot/cold range, but with no timer. Declare a cold range, get safe, and go down range to set up the numerous steels for another blasting session.
Lotsa fun!
On another note, are you shooting Speed Steel this Sunday?

Question for veteran TCGC members.......I forgot to ask at the meeting.

Both my .22lr rifles load from the rear of the buttstock (Browning SA22 & Rem. Nylon 66).
So I am wondering how I can quickly unload them when the range goes cold without pointing the muzzle upwards so that the rounds slide back out of the stock? o_O

Jim

Glad to see your post. I have been a member for a couple weeks now and it is nice to know that I am not the absolute FNG now.

So silhouette is fun as. The range is black powder, rifle caliber carbines and some other VERY limited calibers. (Read it in your handbook... ) and 22 rifles, not pistols.

There are several sizes of silhouettes there on the range with an explanation right in front. Each size is supposed to be used at a different distance. The smallest go closest, the next smallest next nearest and so on. What we have found is that the small ones go over with one shot. The rest won't always fall over so it is important to be able to hear. When we are there with the 22s only, we loosen our earplugs a bit so that we can hear a little more otherwise you really don't know if you hit them.

VERY fun range. I like that almost the best actually.

Good luck at Appleseed. That is this weekend at DRRC I think. Let us know if you get your rifleman and your Daniel Morgan patch.

Both my .22lr rifles load from the rear of the buttstock (Browning SA22 & Rem. Nylon 66).
So I am wondering how I can quickly unload them when the range goes cold without pointing the muzzle upwards so that the rounds slide back out of the stock? o_O

Jim

I would ask the range officer. I don't have an answer, but was told that they have work arounds for things. Just ask first and get their opinion.

Jim

Because going cold is a "Group Consensus", perhaps you can announce to the other shooters that you will be able to go cold once you have shot the rounds still in your magazine.
Seems preferable to having your muzzle pointed above the berm.

Hey Goose...
Great shooting with you also. Sorry you had to miss the last stage, but SHMBO always comes first. At least they think they do.
An interesting day at TCGC, no doubt...
See you next month.
J

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR