JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is why we need to lobby for public or more private ranges. This is BS.

You can lobby for ranges all you want with the state. Fact is, at this time it takes a lot of money and time from people who actually understand how to develop a range to get one open. The closer to major population centers it it the harder it is.

Can you or do you know someone who can front 500k to 2.25 million and a couple of years of full time work to get a new range opened?

You can lobby for ranges all you want with the state. Fact is, at this time it takes a lot of money and time from people who actually understand how to develop a range to get one open. The closer to major population centers it it the harder it is.

Can you or do you know someone who can front 500k to 2.25 million and a couple of years of full time work to get a new range opened?

For bubblegums sake, a few years? Christ do you work for the Government?

Yes, actually we could. Perhaps not as an individual but as a determined community, sure.
To act like a defeatist and assume its out of the realm of possibility wont get bubblegum done either.

In fact, Im quite sure there are even federal funds to support such a project. Plenty of room out in Banks and North Plains as well.

Just look at the bubblegum cease fire and others have bubblegumed about with public land shooting, can you not see we can use that to our advantage to gain support AND funding for more public ranges? Have some imagination man.

In fact, Im quite sure there are even federal funds to support such a project. Plenty of room out in Banks and North Plains as well.

Harry Reid built this range... http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/shootingcomplex

Hundreds of skeet and trap positions. half a dozen ranges ultimately going to 1000 yards. BBQ, Education centers, world champion 3 gun here every January. All Mr. Harry Reid and pork...

For bubblegums sake, a few years? Christ do you work for the Government?

Yes, actually we could. Perhaps not as an individual but as a determined community, sure.
To act like a defeatist and assume its out of the realm of possibility wont get bubblegum done either.

Just look at the bubblegum cease fire and others have bubblegumed about with public land shooting, can you not see we can use that to our advantage to gain support AND funding for more public ranges? Have some imagination man.

What I have is a very realistic perspective after being on a BOD for almost 10 years and having contact with people attempting to open ranges.

First and foremost you need to appreciate that in the current regulatory environment you are creating a big new hazmat zone as soon as you start shooting on that property. Thus you will need a containment, management and recovery plan approved by 2-4 agencies. That may be the least of your problems considering the fact you will need a non conforming use permit and the type 3 review and approval.

If you do accept thing like federal funds they come with a ton of strings attached.

It is not impossible, but it is much harder and more expensive than you appreciate.

What I have is a very realistic perspective after being on a BOD for almost 10 years and having contact with people attempting to open ranges.

First and foremost you need to appreciate that in the current regulatory environment you are creating a big new hazmat zone as soon as you start shooting on that property. Thus you will need a containment, management and recovery plan approved by 2-4 agencies. That may be the least of your problems considering the fact you will need a non conforming use permit and the type 3 review and approval.

If you do accept thing like federal funds they come with a ton of strings attached.

It is not impossible, but it is much harder and more expensive than you appreciate.
Im man enough to admit that I can see and appreciate how difficult it would be. :D

But determination and funding could make anything happen ;)

I've been on the wait list for two years. How is everyone else getting in before me?? I check my email every day. Its on my phone.

The initial emails from TCGC went to my hotmail junk folder. I will bet that's where they went and you were subsequently removed for not replying. Try a search of your deleted emails (if possible) and add ([email protected]) to your safe senders list. You could also send an email to them asking if they have sent an invite that you didn't respond to. You may or may not get an answer, I did.

The initial emails from TCGC went to my hotmail junk folder. I will bet that's where they went and you were subsequently removed for not replying. Try a search of your deleted emails (if possible) and add ([email protected]) to your safe senders list. You could also send an email to them asking if they have sent an invite that you didn't respond to. You may or may not get an answer, I did.

WOW! I searched that and had two emails from this last summer with invites! I guess they went to spam and I don't get alerts on my phone for spam email. I will send them another email and beg for forgiveness. Thanks again! Cheers!

Pistol and rifle to start, I'd like to get into shooting further distances as Ive never shot over 200yds

Um wow, sorry that is a pretty generic answer.
So, not going to need the Shot gun fields nor the archery range.

I won a Ruger 10/22 at a Steel Challenge match.
I use that on 2 different ranges and have a blast with it.
Plan on using it to teach my grand children. ( hard to be patient, but 3 yrs old is not mature enough)

If you are shooting a 22Lr pistol, the indoor range is always open - no rain.
And a couple outside.

BUT

If you want to run&gun a center fire pistol, then you need to sign up for the Action Range and that requires an additional course - get signed up during new member orientation or you can have another delay.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top