JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wondering who else will be going to the Tri County Gun Club New Member Meeting tomorrow morning? I hear its the last one then they are capping it. I sell a ton of targets to TCGC members and figured it wouldn't hurt to be a member there myself. Looking forward to an "early morning"!

I thought about it, but cannot get myself to fork over $400 plus $40 to get certified on tactical course, especially when ammo is so scarce. I will get on the waiting list and see if ammo supplies ease up.

I thought about it, but cannot get myself to fork over $400 plus $40 to get certified on tactical course, especially when ammo is so scarce. I will get on the waiting list and see if ammo supplies ease up.

I think the most is about 300 due to pro rated annual dues, yes 40 for the action range. You can always go to threat dynamics and pay 30 plus dollars a visit

I got here at just after 10pm tonight and I was number 47 in line. They only gave out 68 spots. I expected to sit in a line outside the gate in my lawn chair but when I got here there was a greeter at the gate who had me sign a sheet, handed me a number and pointed me towards the parking lot. He told me someone would be by my car at 5:30am to wake me up. Meeting starts at 6. Now that is customer service.

So the last car admitted showed up just before midnight, with another rig right on his tail. They let the first car in and said sorry no go, to the next one. I felt bad as I stood inside the gate and watched. Poor guy had WA plates. Thinking he drove down from WA at midnight thinking he had plenty of time to make it in before the 9am meeting...No such luck.

So here I sit, waiting for my wake up call from TCGC. I made it. Sweet dreams.

Congrats SH, I just got home. Got there at 12:58am, thought it would be early enough, guess I was wrong and will have to wait till Jan :s0154:

Guess all there is to do now is :drunk: this was my birthday present from my wife this year...

Have to say that I am really disappointed right now...

...Matt out

For the money I'd spend there, I can drive a little while longer to free places in the hills where I can shoot what I like, when I like, how I like, without any rules, regulations, and fees. Good trade-off.

For the money I'd spend there, I can drive a little while longer to free places in the hills where I can shoot what I like, when I like, how I like, without any rules, regulations, and fees. Good trade-off.

15 bucks a month is the math i get. i like the rules and regulations to be honest. makes me feel a little safer. since i know now of 10 people getting held up in the woods and all there stuff taken. got held up during reloading....sucks i think. plus everytime i went to the woods the police always made a visit/

You have a point there. Tri county is the best club in that area. But, all the rules, I know are needed, suck sometimes. This damn world is full of rules. Hate rules. But getting shot is bad also.

15 bucks a month is the math i get. i like the rules and regulations to be honest. makes me feel a little safer. since i know now of 10 people getting held up in the woods and all there stuff taken. got held up during reloading....sucks i think. plus everytime i went to the woods the police always made a visit/

10 people held up in the woods? Good grief where are they calling the woods, a park in NE Portland?

#1, I don't typically shoot alone. #2, I don't shoot without having a sidearm at all times. #3, if I do shoot alone, I ALWAYS have a fully loaded AK rifle with two backup mags at the ready. If anyone wants to hold me up in the woods, there's going to be bloodshed. Maybe it will be mine, but I'd not go down without a fight.

Still worth it to me.

Do the bad guys hide in the bushes until it's time to reload ? I can't imagine strangers getting that close to me when I'm out shooting. I'm thinking they must be pretty careful in picking their victims

Yeah, they're getting pretty ballsy to pull off a stunt like that.

I don't know, as before, i know of 10 people, don't actually know of them personally, I was talking to some of the Rangers up there and its a rash of them, mostly stating that they are being held up by a group of hispanic folks. Issue is, no one has stood up against them. Most in likely, they are scared to shoot, which most would be, I think the actual ratio of people who actually will pull the trigger is like 1 in 50 people. That exempts military combat vets. Being on the "trigger side" of a gun is a lot different. Normal sane people don't want to pull the trigger. In efforts of fight or flee, most will flee. The bad guys also know that most will not pull the trigger.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top