JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sure the new members come here because Tornado Technologies shows up on a Google search in northwestfirearms.com. And they're hoping some local can share some insight. Too bad they didn't do that search before they sent their firearms.

Why is it weird that some people don't live on here. I was more active before SB109, since then, what's the point?

So any info on TT, or just nah?
I think people may be objecting to people who come on here for one reason, to complain about a business, and offer nothing else. Not saying you are one of those cuz I have no idea about that.

I'm sure the new members come here because Tornado Technologies shows up on a Google search in northwestfirearms.com. And they're hoping some local can share some insight. Too bad they didn't do that search before they sent their firearms.
This isn't anything new. They , Mike, had a reputation of taking a year or more on many projects a long time ago. Barrel threading. A year.

Why is it weird that some people don't live on here. I was more active before SB109, since then, what's the point?

So any info on TT, or just nah?
Not weird that they don't live here, everyone that doesn't live here lives someplace else, just struck me as an statistically unusual high number of "newby post and run" post in one thread. It could be as @sealine suggested, or it could just be my over active fascination with statistical anomalies. :)

Like those who come here admittedly just to use the classifieds?
Well I suppose you could say they are offering something, whether buying or selling.

The exception probably though would be like that guy who was trying to sell Anderson lowers for $1500 each before the WA ban. Don't think that ahole was offering anything or helping in any way.

From what I heard, he is trying to get his shop up and running. No idea what is going on though and I don't have a dog in the fight. TT was always good to me and did great work. I hope all you folks get it sorted out sooner verses later.

How long between when it showed delivered and signed for and when you started calling / texting?
I started calling and emailing 2 weeks after the UPS tracking said it was delivered to "Holly" they said as soon as they received it they'd send me an email saying that they have received my Walther and didn't until I started calling and left a voicemail saying I was going to call the BBB and Attorney General, after saying that the next day I got an email saying it was received. The reason why I used them instead of somewhere local is because I try to be loyal to companies that do good work and they did a phenomenal job with my Berettas I don't have anybody local that does them with that insert the way Tornado Technologies does.

Welcome to the forum but couldn't you find anyone closer to you in KY to do this?

I mean while I find sending a gun, anywhere, for ANY reason a crapshoot, unless maybe for a sale/purchase if necessary, but nearly across the US for just a barrel thread job?
If you've seen a beretta bobcat or a Walther PPKs in 380 there's no thread adapters, nothing to thread at all and from what I've been led to believe was they were the best at getting permanently fixed thread adapters onto those guns. If it was a rifle barrel yes I could've found a million people including myself to thread it. So they've done perfectly everytime before with a week or two lead time from start to finished and on my door I thought they were a bargain and I was giving a good company my loyalty and trust. It wasn't until after I started to feel like something was off I started googling about them and heard all kinds of wild stuff like don't send him anything he won't respond and he'll keep your gun that's when I got worried. But now at least I have an email on their company letterhead saying that they've received it, so if they try anything funny I have more than my word against his. In hindsight I'll probably never use them again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top