JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Between the Sig P226 and the Kahr PM9 I'd say this one:

IMG_5951Medium.jpg

H

Took my daughter out on her birthday to shoot a couple 9mm I had. A Ruger P85 and a S&W model 39. I thought she would like the 39 because it would fit her hand better. She liked the way the Ruger felt,said she could handle it better. Told her happybirth day and gave it to her.

Brass, I'm quite comfortable with the recoil on the Beretta 92A1 (a newer variant of the 92FS) and the Springfield XDm in 9mm. However, what I've learned as a newbie is that it is best to rent/try several and see what works best for YOU.

Peter

For least recoil from a 9mm, I would say any steel or alloy frame with a delayed blowback operation, that also fits your hand well.
If you really want me to list a brand and model, etc, tough.

Delayed blowback is kinda rare. The only pistols I can think of using that system are the HK P9 and P7.

Heavier pistols will recoil less, which is why that 9lb UZI has a very soft recoil. It does suck as a pistol though.

H

G22 with 40-9 conversion barrel and stock .40 recoil spring will tame down even +P 9mm ammo. Beretta/Stoeger Cougar because of it's rotating barrel design some say it helps reduce recoil. You are welcome to try them out too.
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike

Sig P226
Browning HP
CZ75
1911 in 9mm

I've own all these pistols and they are all soft shooters. The BHP is especially nice, and easy to hold for smaller hands. I've owned several glocks and the recoil is much snappier than the heavier pistols.

Since this is your first firearm, buy yourself a .22 and practice like heck with it. In the meantime, like others have said, rent or borrow some different 9mm pistols. I think in a short time you'll find yourself much less concerned about recoil. All 9's have fairly light recoil and it should not really be the most important factor in selecting one.

You will be looking at full size guns that are heavy or have dual recoil springs and buffers.

1. all steel 1911 9mm (springer stainless Targets are good)

2. HK P30 (dual recoil spring with buffer)

3. CZ sp01 ( heavy all steel gun w/ rail )

4. STI GP5/6 ( rotary barrel and buffer)

5. XD tactical 5" ( heavy slide)

My boy was 7 when we bought our Ruger SR9c. He was shooting it within a week. CZ75, Glock 19, Ruger P89, Beretta 92 will all soak up recoil. With the Ruger SR9c, you have a 10 round carry magazine and a full size 17 round mag with a grip extension. You can have compact or standard capacity mags. Remember, if it holds the amount of bullets that are stated on the packaging, it is "standard capacity". If it somehow holds extra bullets, more than advertised, it is then "high capacity". Dry fire your 9 with an empty magazine. It will not hurt your gun and will give you better control and knowledge of your trigger. Do not be scared of your pistol. If you are nervous about 9mm recoil, you probably need a lot of practice. Confidence in YOUR weapon and YOUR ability to use it is key. Kip.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top