Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Top 5 : 9mm lowest recoil

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Brass973, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Brass973

Brass973 Oregon New Member

Hello all,
    I'm Looking to buy my first firearm. I've decided to go with a 9mm, but would like to here everyone's thoughts on their top 5 nine's with the least amount of kick.
    Thanks, Brass973

2. NWGunner

NWGunner Salem Active Member

This is gonna be good!

3. Bunny

Bunny Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Flopsweat likes this.
  4. Wallygator

Wallygator Albany, OR Active Member

I'll go with the cz75, or any of its copies(Witness, baby eagle, etc). 1911 in 9mm, or a Beretta 92.

5. halmbarte

halmbarte PDX Active Member

Between the Sig P226 and the Kahr PM9 I'd say this one:

IMG_5951Medium.jpg

H

6. giddyupgo55

giddyupgo55 Vernonia Active Member

Took my daughter out on her birthday to shoot a couple 9mm I had. A Ruger P85 and a S&W model 39. I thought she would like the 39 because it would fit her hand better. She liked the way the Ruger felt,said she could handle it better. Told her happybirth day and gave it to her.

7. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

Brass, I'm quite comfortable with the recoil on the Beretta 92A1 (a newer variant of the 92FS) and the Springfield XDm in 9mm. However, what I've learned as a newbie is that it is best to rent/try several and see what works best for YOU.

Peter

Flopsweat likes this.
  8. Wood Worker

Wood Worker Linn County Oregon Active Member

For least recoil from a 9mm, I would say any steel or alloy frame with a delayed blowback operation, that also fits your hand well.
    If you really want me to list a brand and model, etc, tough.

9. Taurus 617 CCW

Taurus 617 CCW Northern Idaho Member

I have owned a Beretta 92 FS and currently own a Glock 19. The Beretta recoil is a tad softer in my opinion but the Glock 19 is very manageable and more concealable (if you are going that route).

10. halmbarte

halmbarte PDX Active Member

Delayed blowback is kinda rare. The only pistols I can think of using that system are the HK P9 and P7.

Heavier pistols will recoil less, which is why that 9lb UZI has a very soft recoil. It does suck as a pistol though.

H

11. Abiqua

Abiqua Oregon Active Member

That big heavy bolt moving forward helps to counteract the recoil too.

12. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

G22 with 40-9 conversion barrel and stock .40 recoil spring will tame down even +P 9mm ammo. Beretta/Stoeger Cougar because of it's rotating barrel design some say it helps reduce recoil. You are welcome to try them out too.
    Good luck and stay safe,
    Mike

13. djm68

djm68 Portland, OR Member

Sig P226
    Browning HP
    CZ75
    1911 in 9mm

I've own all these pistols and they are all soft shooters. The BHP is especially nice, and easy to hold for smaller hands. I've owned several glocks and the recoil is much snappier than the heavier pistols.

14. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

15. branson4020

branson4020 Forest Grove, OR Active Member

Since this is your first firearm, buy yourself a .22 and practice like heck with it. In the meantime, like others have said, rent or borrow some different 9mm pistols. I think in a short time you'll find yourself much less concerned about recoil. All 9's have fairly light recoil and it should not really be the most important factor in selecting one.

evltwn, Flopsweat, Sgt Nambu and 2 others like this.
  16. buick455

buick455 se portland Member

You will be looking at full size guns that are heavy or have dual recoil springs and buffers.

1. all steel 1911 9mm (springer stainless Targets are good)

2. HK P30 (dual recoil spring with buffer)

3. CZ sp01 ( heavy all steel gun w/ rail )

4. STI GP5/6 ( rotary barrel and buffer)

5. XD tactical 5" ( heavy slide)

17. redmud

redmud Colombia river Active Member

wouldn't worry to much about recoil. My dad had me shooting a 9mm glock when i was 16 no problem.

18. unionguy

unionguy Portland Active Member

+1 on the M&P 9. Very good design. Compared to other 9's I've shot (the Beretta 92FS and Glock) the M&P is much easier to control.

19. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

9mm? Kick? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

jbett98, andreys21, stromith and 2 others like this.
  20. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

My boy was 7 when we bought our Ruger SR9c. He was shooting it within a week. CZ75, Glock 19, Ruger P89, Beretta 92 will all soak up recoil. With the Ruger SR9c, you have a 10 round carry magazine and a full size 17 round mag with a grip extension. You can have compact or standard capacity mags. Remember, if it holds the amount of bullets that are stated on the packaging, it is "standard capacity". If it somehow holds extra bullets, more than advertised, it is then "high capacity". Dry fire your 9 with an empty magazine. It will not hurt your gun and will give you better control and knowledge of your trigger. Do not be scared of your pistol. If you are nervous about 9mm recoil, you probably need a lot of practice. Confidence in YOUR weapon and YOUR ability to use it is key. Kip.