JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Toes and a stone woodstove pads do not mix! Managed this about a half hour before having to leave to go to a birthday dinner!
IMG_0265.jpg

I did the same thing except my toe hit the edge of a door. o_OTurned black and blue and swelled up. Not much I could do except tape it to the next toe and let it heal.

You have lights in your place? Turn them on!

I was wearing flip flops once and ran my toes into a concrete parking spot stop.
It was no bueno.
my little toes was cut up and bruised.

I feel your pain

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

In 2001 when we moved into this house, with a nice Earth Stove.....I had these way cool antique flat irons that sit on top of the wood stove. Wifey dropped one on her toes , looked pretty much like yours, had the nail removed. She will never let me forget it.

Yikes! I unfortunately know that feeling well - I've managed to break my toes on something hard at least 3 times over the years! Good time to practice many swear words!

Dad shut the passenger door on my big toe once when i was maybe 10 - door locked.

Now my dad is a panicked person in emergencies and couldn't get me to unlock the door while fumbling in his pocket for the keys - in my defense that was probably as much pain by that age I had felt so I don't remember anything but the look of panic and dread in my dad's face. I'm sure I was screaming incohearently but can't remember that part - I do remember flailing my arms and not having the presents of mind to grab the lock and unlock the door.

Lost that nail - looked like a cracked windshield when someone hits it with a bat lol.

I was a kid though... I was told at the hotel to keep it elevated and remember saying "it is elevated, we are on the second story!".

Funny thing, when it was time to go visit the indoor 3 story water slide and pool I forgot all about my toe:D.

My dad stubs his toe so often at home that he is well known for it - at least a few times a month, you'd think he would start wearing shoes in the house :p.

The wood stove when we moved in here was on a 6'x6' stone platform about 8" above floor level. My wife grew up in this house with that platform in the living room, and she witnessed numerous injuries caused by it. When we installed new sub-flooring and hardwood bamboo floors we demolished the platform and tiled that portion of the floor. No potential for injuries now, and the room looks 25% bigger.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top