JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ive had Traegers for several years and charcoal grills. My old charcoal grill finally have out and I replaced it with a gravity fed charcoal grill. Nothing expensive just a Masterbuilt 560. Tragers are lusy for steaks and even worse for burgers and to be honest they aren't that good for smoking either. Theres workarounds for smoking but theyre never good for steaks. Charcoal is the way but Ive never used a gravity fed automatic controlled charcoal grill. Spent a few hours putting it together this morning and fired it up for dinner. Man, This thing is sweet. Had I bought it before I bought my last Traeger I never would have both the Traeger . the temp control s literally within a degree of actual and its stays there. Keeping the traeger door open for a minute and it goes all over the place. The charcoal grill heats up fast and temp changes are damn near immediate. It'll kick up 150 degrees in a minute. Full charcoal flavor and it uses a fraction of the charcoal a standard kettle grill does, It'll sear at 700 no problem.

Not a fan of all the new fangled grills/smokers out there.

I have a good friend that's now retired from Kingsford. He supplies me with 400lbs a year of their better quality (not the blue/white bag crap) of charcoal, for free...😁

I would love to see this grill you have...

Not a fan of all the new fangled grills/smokers out there.

I have a good friend that's now retired from Kingsford. He supplies me with 400lbs a year of their better quality (not the blue/white bag crap) of charcoal, for free...😁

I would love to see this grill you have...
It is SO easy to control the cooking process with modern grills . dump some charcoal in the hopper. light it with a lighting block. One match no accelerant. 10 minutes later its at your preset temp and it stays there. It is joy on earth and will probably win a nobel prize. Shut it off and the charcoal in the hopper that had been burning stops burning and stays ready for the next time. It is truly a miracle. The brand and tye of charcoal you use makes no difference. Masterbuilt-gravity-series-560.jpg

It is SO easy to control the cooking process with modern grills . dump some charcoal in the hopper. light it with a lighting block. One match no accelerant. 10 minutes later its at your preset temp and it stays there. It is joy on earth and will probably win a nobel prize. Shut it off and the charcoal in the hopper that had been burning stops burning and stays ready for the next time. It is truly a miracle. The brand and tye of charcoal you use makes no difference. View attachment 1306014
That's really nice! I'll look into getting one!

Cabelas has them on sale for 400. Half what my Trager costs and more versatile. You can use up to 4 temperature probes too for people who for whatever unknown reason dont want their steaks medium rare.

Does yours have a rotisserie, and if so you ever used it?

I've been BBQing our Thanksgiving turkeys on a Webber for 20 years. They turn out great (everyone comes to our house for Thanksgiving 😁) but I know they could be better on a spit..

You it does not have the rotisserie. I had a kitchen aid grill years ago with one. Never used it. They do offer an optional rotisserie and there is a sturdy mount

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top