Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

To polish, or not to poish...

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Jul 13, 2009.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I am considering polishing up my new-to-me Colt Anaconda to a high shine. It has the factory finish on it now and is in like-new condition What do you think? Polish or do not polish it?

Anoconda4.jpg

2. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

i would say no but if it's something you want to do that will make you happier with it then you should.

3. Nightshade

Nightshade vancouver,WA Well-Known Member

no polish.very nice as is

4. Brandon44647

Brandon44647 Portland Member

I wouldn't polish it , it looks sweet just the way it is. And those grips WOW !
    But it is all in what you think........

5. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

I agree. That is beautiful as is, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

6. toys

toys PDX Member

Im not sure why you would ask ? its your gun isnt it? if you want a brite SS, then do it. If you dont want it brite, then dont.

to me it makes no dif. "6 of one 1/2 dozen of another". ive seen Pythons in the brite SS and not.

do whatever floats your boat.

7. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I also have an Anaconda, great guns. I'd keep it the way it is.

8. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Sometimes when one is on the fence it's useful to ask others for their opinions :thumbup:

9. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Yes to polish

10. tattoo

tattoo NorthWest Active Member

Im still pouting.:( I wanted that gun. :( Please just spray paint it flat black to make me feel better. Nice dang gun. Dang it. Oh, if you want to re sell it, look me up. :)

11. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Would you feel better if I said it was an inaccurate piece of junk with timing worse than a $2 watch? :(

That would be a total lie but I am willing to say it if it makes you feel better. ;)

12. tattoo

tattoo NorthWest Active Member

Yes.:) Thank you. Still looks darn good to me.:):)

13. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I haven't seen one of those probably since you could still buy one new. Being one that has messed up the (substantial) collector value of a gun or two, I would say don't polish it. It's a darn nice looking gun. I've seen pictures of your work and you do a fine job, so I know it would sparkle when you are done with it, but I wouldn't.
    How's that go? just my 2 cents worth. :D

14. cameronhu

cameronhu Ridgefield, Wa Member

I wouldn't. The polished guns I've seen look a bit, I don't know how to articulate this - un-gunlike.

Unless of course you're going to take this as a personal challenge, to create a gun-like polished gun.

I suppose if you don't like it, you could always blast it and start over.