Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

To polish, or not to poish...

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Jul 13, 2009.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I am considering polishing up my new-to-me Colt Anaconda to a high shine. It has the factory finish on it now and is in like-new condition What do you think? Polish or do not polish it?

Anoconda4.jpg

2. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

i would say no but if it's something you want to do that will make you happier with it then you should.

3. Nightshade

Nightshade vancouver,WA Well-Known Member

no polish.very nice as is

4. Brandon44647

Brandon44647 Portland Member

I wouldn't polish it , it looks sweet just the way it is. And those grips WOW !
    But it is all in what you think........

5. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

I agree. That is beautiful as is, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

6. toys

toys PDX Member

Im not sure why you would ask ? its your gun isnt it? if you want a brite SS, then do it. If you dont want it brite, then dont.

to me it makes no dif. "6 of one 1/2 dozen of another". ive seen Pythons in the brite SS and not.

do whatever floats your boat.

7. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I also have an Anaconda, great guns. I'd keep it the way it is.

8. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Sometimes when one is on the fence it's useful to ask others for their opinions :thumbup:

9. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Yes to polish

10. tattoo

tattoo NorthWest Active Member

Im still pouting.:( I wanted that gun. :( Please just spray paint it flat black to make me feel better. Nice dang gun. Dang it. Oh, if you want to re sell it, look me up. :)

11. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Would you feel better if I said it was an inaccurate piece of junk with timing worse than a $2 watch? :(

That would be a total lie but I am willing to say it if it makes you feel better. ;)

12. tattoo

tattoo NorthWest Active Member

Yes.:) Thank you. Still looks darn good to me.:):)

13. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I haven't seen one of those probably since you could still buy one new. Being one that has messed up the (substantial) collector value of a gun or two, I would say don't polish it. It's a darn nice looking gun. I've seen pictures of your work and you do a fine job, so I know it would sparkle when you are done with it, but I wouldn't.
    How's that go? just my 2 cents worth. :D

14. cameronhu

cameronhu Ridgefield, Wa Member

I wouldn't. The polished guns I've seen look a bit, I don't know how to articulate this - un-gunlike.

Unless of course you're going to take this as a personal challenge, to create a gun-like polished gun.

I suppose if you don't like it, you could always blast it and start over.