JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am considering polishing up my new-to-me Colt Anaconda to a high shine. It has the factory finish on it now and is in like-new condition What do you think? Polish or do not polish it?

Anoconda4.jpg

Im not sure why you would ask ? its your gun isnt it? if you want a brite SS, then do it. If you dont want it brite, then dont.

to me it makes no dif. "6 of one 1/2 dozen of another". ive seen Pythons in the brite SS and not.

do whatever floats your boat.

Im not sure why you would ask ? its your gun isnt it? if you want a brite SS, then do it. If you dont want it brite, then dont.

to me it makes no dif. ive seen Pythons in the brite SS and not.

do whatever floats your boat.

Sometimes when one is on the fence it's useful to ask others for their opinions :s0155:

Im still pouting.:( I wanted that gun. :( Please just spray paint it flat black to make me feel better. Nice dang gun. Dang it. Oh, if you want to re sell it, look me up. :)

Im still pouting.:( I wanted that gun. :( Please just spray paint it flat black to make me feel better. Nice dang gun. Dang it. Oh, if you want to re sell it, look me up. :)
Would you feel better if I said it was an inaccurate piece of junk with timing worse than a $2 watch? :(

That would be a total lie but I am willing to say it if it makes you feel better. ;)

I haven't seen one of those probably since you could still buy one new. Being one that has messed up the (substantial) collector value of a gun or two, I would say don't polish it. It's a darn nice looking gun. I've seen pictures of your work and you do a fine job, so I know it would sparkle when you are done with it, but I wouldn't.
How's that go? just my 2 cents worth. :D

I wouldn't. The polished guns I've seen look a bit, I don't know how to articulate this - un-gunlike.

Unless of course you're going to take this as a personal challenge, to create a gun-like polished gun.

I suppose if you don't like it, you could always blast it and start over.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top