JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lots and lots of threads on here on this issue. Could be random, could be a backlogged system, could be lack of SSN on 4473, could be a bad guy with the same name.

crazy. do u have a chl? my BGC seem to go thru pretty quick because of my CHL. all 3 of my FFL buddys have told me theres two lines CHL and non chl. CHL supposedly gets priority according to them.

Personal ID#? On the BGC?
More info please
The 4473 form has a block for such a number. I've never had a problem with a transaction so it's not something I've looked into. Contact your FFL and he should be able to tell you something about it. When I had my FFL they were just starting to use the number but I don't remember what the process was in getting one.

Question 9. Unique Personal Identification Number (UPIN):
For transferees/
buyers approved to have information maintained about them in the FBI NICS
Voluntary Appeal File, NICS will provide them with a UPIN, which the transferee/
buyer should record in question 9. The licensee should provide the UPIN when
conducting background checks through the NICS or the State POC.

Question 9. Unique Personal Identification Number (UPIN):
For transferees/
buyers approved to have information maintained about them in the FBI NICS
Voluntary Appeal File, NICS will provide them with a UPIN, which the transferee/
buyer should record in question 9. The licensee should provide the UPIN when
conducting background checks through the NICS or the State POC.
Bingo!:D:D:D

I suddenly started getting delayed a few years ago. The first time it happened, I had purchased a few AR lowers from a shop that was a bit out of town. It sucked having to wait, then drive all the way back down there again to pick them up. After a few more delays, I got pissed off and looked into getting a UPIN. It was a while ago now and I don't remember all of the details, but at the time, the process for getting a UPIN seemed quite involved and time consuming. I decided that I'd rather put up with the delay. Last purchase, no delay....:confused: I'd still consider getting a UPIN if the process to get one was streamlined.

P.S. I always use my SSN when filling out the 4473.

I'd be willing to do so, but.....
As I said, I've never had the problem, so I haven't done the paperwork. I've not had an FFL for a few years but I do know a few people who found their transfers going much better once they got the number. The World runs on paperwork and sometimes it needs a bit more.

Who are you using for your transfers?
I was delayed a couple of times until I started using a different FFL to do transfers.
It may not be you but the FFL your using. They're not delaying you but them.

I picked up a new Bergara B14 HMR at Tropic Pawn this afternoon. Cleared in less than 2 minutes. Clerk said 'wow, that was fast.' I think it was all of 4-5 minutes when I bought a rifle and handgun at Sporting Systems in downtown Vancouver on a Saturday. It's always puzzled me why some folks with clear records have inordinate delays.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top