Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Time to 'gun up' and say 'NO' to tax requests

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

In tough times, voters obligated to reject tax measures, accept consequences

Financially speaking, government is in a hole and it is time for voters to force public officials to stop digging.

It is the same everywhere, and what is happening right now in Washington State is perhaps a microcosm of the national dilemma. Simply put, we’re out of money. Taxpayers are fed up, and government isn’t getting any deeper into our wallets.

What’s this got to do with gun rights? Residents in Washington’s King County – the same as citizens in so many other communities around the country that are reeling from the train wreck of government largesse – are about to figure that one out.

In tough times, voters obligated to reject tax measures, accept consequences - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

Or try this:

In tough times, voters obligated to reject tax measures, accept consequences - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

2. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I saw your post on the other forum. I am right with you. They already take enough money from me now.

3. gnarkill

gnarkill Richland, WA Member

Excellent article.

4. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Amen brothu! I am sick and tired of my tax dollars going to fund these social utopian's wet dreams. Throw the bums out.

5. matt_w

matt_w Hillsboro, OR Active Member

It seems like this would increase the number of officers on patrol (the people "protecting" you), and reduce the number of detectives investigating crimes. It probably means that they will have less people to find criminals that are commiting non-violent crimes like ID theft and vandalism, but have more people to write tickets/fines and generate revenue for the department. I don't really see this leading to a situation where gangs of criminals are committing violence with impunity.

6. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

gnarkill wrote:
    Please feel free to forward the links to one and all.

And thank you for your comment.

7. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

To show how difficult it is to stop the liberal progressives from bankrupting us more than 48% of the public is on some sort of government payroll. The number is growing as the economy gets worse. People are not going to vote to save the country if they work for the government.

jj

8. dario541

dario541 medford, or 97504 Member

As Paul Harvey once said: "Giving another dollar to the government is like giving another drink to an Alcoholic!"

9. unionguy

unionguy Portland Active Member

Funny, that's what I say about big corporations after watching already highly profitable companies shut down a factory and move it oversees or an already highly profitable company cut their employees pension and health benefits. They don't understand the word "enough" either.

10. The Quiet Man

The Quiet Man rural Washington County, Oregon Active Member

...and they all will vote for every tax increase that gets on a ballot. With few exeptions, I have been voting against any tax increases, extensions, or new (temporary) taxes for the last twenty years. I don't believe I have ever been on the winning side. People seem afraid to not give the government what they say they NEED. Perhaps afraid is incorrect... they are largely too stupid and testosterone deprived to think or act on their own.

11. zeppelin

zeppelin Benton County WA Active Member

Yeah tell me about it. I work for a non profit corporation that doesn't pay any taxes and they just cut our benefits because they aren't making enough profit. Go figure.