JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In tough times, voters obligated to reject tax measures, accept consequences

Financially speaking, government is in a hole and it is time for voters to force public officials to stop digging.

It is the same everywhere, and what is happening right now in Washington State is perhaps a microcosm of the national dilemma. Simply put, we’re out of money. Taxpayers are fed up, and government isn’t getting any deeper into our wallets.

What’s this got to do with gun rights? Residents in Washington’s King County – the same as citizens in so many other communities around the country that are reeling from the train wreck of government largesse – are about to figure that one out.

<broken link removed>

Or try this:

<broken link removed>

As the Seattle Times reports in its Thursday morning edition, the Sheriff's Department under Sheriff Sue Rahr is facing drastic budget cuts that will likely include laying off 28 deputies, putting 51 detectives back on street patrol and demoting a dozen supervisors to put them back on patrol

It seems like this would increase the number of officers on patrol (the people "protecting" you), and reduce the number of detectives investigating crimes. It probably means that they will have less people to find criminals that are commiting non-violent crimes like ID theft and vandalism, but have more people to write tickets/fines and generate revenue for the department. I don't really see this leading to a situation where gangs of criminals are committing violence with impunity.

To show how difficult it is to stop the liberal progressives from bankrupting us more than 48&#37; of the public is on some sort of government payroll. The number is growing as the economy gets worse. People are not going to vote to save the country if they work for the government.

jj

As Paul Harvey once said: "Giving another dollar to the government is like giving another drink to an Alcoholic!"

Funny, that's what I say about big corporations after watching already highly profitable companies shut down a factory and move it oversees or an already highly profitable company cut their employees pension and health benefits. They don't understand the word "enough" either.

To show how difficult it is to stop the liberal progressives from bankrupting us more than 48&#37; of the public is on some sort of government payroll. The number is growing as the economy gets worse. People are not going to vote to save the country if they work for the government.

jj

...and they all will vote for every tax increase that gets on a ballot. With few exeptions, I have been voting against any tax increases, extensions, or new (temporary) taxes for the last twenty years. I don't believe I have ever been on the winning side. People seem afraid to not give the government what they say they NEED. Perhaps afraid is incorrect... they are largely too stupid and testosterone deprived to think or act on their own.

Funny, that's what I say about big corporations after watching already highly profitable companies shut down a factory and move it oversees or an already highly profitable company cut their employees pension and health benefits. They don't understand the word "enough" either.

Yeah tell me about it. I work for a non profit corporation that doesn't pay any taxes and they just cut our benefits because they aren't making enough profit. Go figure.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top