JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
The road to the emergency room is paved with good intentions.
On my screen (maybe yours, too), that news article was followed by a T-shirt advertisement that was so appropriate, it couldn't have been an accident.

278199712823294288.png

Last Edited:
Hate to speak ill of the dead, but the first thing any qualified instructor should teach you about self-defense is the SELF part. You, your immediate family memebers. Vigilantism might seem noble at first glance, bur ultimately you are inserting yourself into a world of trouble. I carry for me and mine. Period. I might make a few exceptions in extreme circumstances, but it is not my place to risk my life, liberty, and property for a stranger.

I've been all over the place on this one in my life... i've recently certainly stuck to a policy of Mind Ur Business at times when i wouldn't have at other times. in a past life, when i lived a much more normal life, i think i probably would haven intervened in pretty much any situation of injustice. but i didn't get many opportunities then, because i lived a clean family-centered country life. these days, tho... little closer to the "front lines"...

in a little bubblegum hole town in TX about 2 years ago i watched a dude beat up and rob a chick of her backpack... instinctively, my mind went to "help her!" but then i pictured the mess that would ensue, the cops that would probably show up, the pack full of years in prison i had on my back.. and lit a cigarette instead.

more recently, living in a downtown environment in a pretty decent sized city with a decimated and defunded police force, i've had many more opportunities ... but have so far only done so when it directly involves my property or someone i know. i caught some scabs stealing the cat converter off my truck right smack in front of my apartment a few weeks ago... i smashed up their car and one of their faces pretty good, but they did make off with my cat and i was left with 18 goddamn stitches in my arm that ended up getting infected and putting me in the hospital for almost a week. i don't regret what i did, but that was the consequence of what i did.

on the other hand, i also caught some scab breaking into a car that surely belonged to a neighbor (lotta cars around here, dont know whose it was) about a week after that, and did intervene - very much intended to kick the bubblegum out of him, but his nasty squirrely bubblegum got away, and i was barefoot so did not give chase..

not too long after that, i witnessed a street scab beating up what was probably his hoe or girlfriend or something.. again, instinctively, i motioned to intervene.. but caught myself and, again, just lit a cigarette instead.. do i really want to get shanked for some bisch who's just gonna go right back to him again tomorrow? nah, dawg. <puff>

and i mean these are just a few examples that popped into mind - this town is on its way out

so it just depends. i'm a pretty street savvy and scrappy mother bubblegumer... but i am not invulnerable. i have zero dependents and zero responsibilities, so my life is my own to do with as i please - to include throwing it away. ill probably end up getting shot and killed by some street scab someday, might as well be for a decent cause..? but i pick my fights. most of em, anyway. my advice, if i were one to presume to give any to anyone, would probably be to really stop and think before getting involved, with the way things are right now. it's thunderdome, out there.. and if you go jumping into every opportunity you come across, you're gonna be spending a lot of time talking to doctors and cops

Note they don't bother revealing any details of the thugs. Which we all know means they were black or of African descent. Not all that uncommon in Oakland as a majority of the city and criminals are of that identity. No surprise the woke Oakland officials have not apprehended the criminals. Highly unlikely they will try all that hard.

Note they don't bother revealing any details of the thugs. Which we all know means they were black or of African descent. Not all that uncommon in Oakland as a majority of the city and criminals are of that identity. No surprise the woke Oakland officials have not apprehended the criminals. Highly unlikely they will try all that hard.
and why the bubblegum is that relevant?

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.

and why the bubblegum is that relevant?
Because race is everything now according to our vaunted institutions and intelligencia in the Fourth Estate. You know beyond a doubt white on black leads for two weeks, with in-depth handwringing, talking to the neighbors, rifling through social media with fine-tooth comb. Black on white / black on black / black on brown... meh... let's take a look at the weather!

Because race is everything now according to our vaunted institutions and intelligencia in the Fourth Estate. You know beyond a doubt white on black leads for two weeks, with in-depth handwringing, talking to the neighbors, rifling through social media with fine-tooth comb. Black on white / black on black / black on brown... meh... let's take a look at the weather!
bringing up race in a conversation that doesnt have anything to do with race is tasteless and shows your colors. Doesnt matter what fox news is telling you other people are doing - youre responsible for you. dont make bubblegum that isnt about race about race.

bringing up race in a conversation that doesnt have anything to do with race is tasteless and shows your colors. Doesnt matter what fox news is telling you other people are doing - youre responsible for you. dont make bubblegum that isnt about race about race.
It is plenty relevant. You are the one making bubblegum comments.
Had it been a couple of white guys beating up on Asians you for sure would have heard about it from Commiefornia.
#1 you clearly have no clue about the makeup of Oakland. I lived there for several years and was in the area for several more.
I worked for a time at the Juvenile detention facility for Alameda county for which Oakland is part. Oakland natives made up about 75% of the population in that jail while only being about 35% of the county's population. Overwhelming the color of the inmates was black with the rest about equal proportions of white, Asian, and Hispanic of one flavor or another.

#2 The news should be reporting all the news including if known who the suspects were and any details that might help catch them. Clearly, these thugs have done this before and they have very little regard for life. You don't have a waiting get away car and a willingness to discharge a firearm unless you have done this before.

#3 crime is rampant in Oakland. I have some customers down there and I always am on edge since I can't carry when I travel.

#4 crime statistics show that race has a lot to do with crime.

#5 it doesn't matter what MSDNC and the Clinton news network is telling you, and just like with Ashli Babbit's murder by cop. There was a strange silence about that criminal as well.

The fact that this was in broad daylight makes tells you the inner cities are not safe no matter what time of day it is.

It is plenty relevant. You are the one making bubblegum comments.
Had it been a couple of white guys beating up on Asians you for sure would have heard about it from Commiefornia.
#1 you clearly have no clue about the makeup of Oakland. I lived there for several years and was in the area for several more.
I worked for a time at the Juvenile detention facility for Alameda county for which Oakland is part. Oakland natives made up about 75% of the population in that jail while only being about 35% of the county's population. Overwhelming the color of the inmates was black with the rest about equal proportions of white, Asian, and Hispanic of one flavor or another.

#2 The news should be reporting all the news including if known who the suspects were and any details that might help catch them. Clearly, these thugs have done this before and they have very little regard for life. You don't have a waiting get away car and a willingness to discharge a firearm unless you have done this before.

#3 crime is rampant in Oakland. I have some customers down there and I always am on edge since I can't carry when I travel.

#4 crime statistics show that race has a lot to do with crime.

#5 it doesn't matter what MSDNC and the Clinton news network is telling you, and just like with Ashli Babbit's murder by cop. There was a strange silence about that criminal as well.

The fact that this was in broad daylight makes tells you the inner cities are not safe no matter what time of day it is.
Whatever dude... i dont care if any of that is total bs or 100% correct - why the bubblegum are you bringing race into this conversation?

what is your point? That blacks are "the problem" and you want everyone to know it?

Ok so ... to what end? Spell it out for me

---

god man this board is gonna take serious heat at some point. I cant believe this bubblegum hasnt already been featured on local news. When it is, yall are gonna look like a bunch of scary bubblegum well armed racist militants and itll probably be used as evidence by anti gunners at the next legislative session.

How the F do you not know it's about race? Have you ever lived in Oakland? I have. Oakland is the most racist place I have ever lived. Can you guess who the major racists are? It's Blacks. You have no idea the amount of Black on Asian or Black on White crime that goes on there. I lived about 5 minutes walk from where this took place. You're out of your league. You don't know what you don't know. I've heard the racist comments, I've seen the predatory racist beatings of smaller Asians and females and heard the comments while these crimes were going down.
And why do you bring up Fox news? Maybe the commenter doesn't either. You dont have to watch Fox to know that Black crime is out of control. I dont' watch Faux news but I have lived in some pretty sketchy places in big cities.

Just read your other comment to Coltemp. You are grasping at straws or rather race cards. Btw, I'm the son of an immigrant from Mexico and BIPOC(lol, i hate that term). You wanna call me racist for my experiences and outlook. Go for it. I dont care. that word means nothing anymore. And dont get me started on the prevalence of racism in Mexico or Asia. Perhaps you should travel around the world a bit like I have and you might see the USA for what it is-The LEAST racist country on the planet.

Last Edited:
Whatever dude... i dont care if any of that is total bs or 100% correct - why the bubblegum are you bringing race into this conversation?

what is your point? That blacks are "the problem" and you want everyone to know it?

Ok so ... to what end? Spell it out for me

---

god man this board is gonna take serious heat at some point. I cant believe this bubblegum hasnt already been featured on local news. When it is, yall are gonna look like a bunch of scary bubblegum well armed racist militants and itll probably be used as evidence by anti gunners at the next legislative session.
Are you aware that 93% of murdered black folks were killed by blacks?

If Blacks don't mind, you figure I shouldn't either-- is that what you are saying?

Are you gonna answer the goddamn question? Like i said - im not debating your stats.

now answer the question.

Sorry bro, guess I missed 'the question'
If blacks are indeed "the problem,"

what next? Whats the point getting everyone to realize that? Why is this relevant? Whats next?

your end game obviously isnt just getting everyone to believe your stats, my bros.... why is it so important that people believe that? Whats next? To what end? Where do we go from there?

not sure how many ways i can ask "whats your point," but thats it: whats your point?

have you guys just never even considered this before? In two-three threads now that ive recently been involved in where race has been brought up in conversations that werent about race, ive just been asking and asking over and over- whats the point? And no one has really even seemed to understand what im asking, let alone have an answer for me...

if everyone in america were to suddenly realize right this minute that black humans commit a disproportionate amount of crime (which everyone DOES actually know) - what next?

If blacks are indeed "the problem,"

what next? Whats the point getting everyone to realize that? Why is this relevant? Whats next?

your end game obviously isnt just getting everyone to believe your stats, my bros.... why is it so important that people believe that? Whats next? To what end? Where do we go from there?

not sure how many ways i can ask "whats your point," but thats it: whats your point?

have you guys just never even considered this before? In two-three threads now where race has been brought up in conversations that werent about race, ive just been asking and asking over and over- whats the point? And no one has really even seemed to understand what im asking, let alone have an answer for me...

if everyone in america were to suddenly realize right this minute that black humans commit a disproportionate amount of crime (which everyone DOES actually know) - what next?
I never said Blacks are 'the problem' however I'm very fortunate to live in an area where there are almost zero Black folks & it doesn't seem right that I should feel that is a wonderful thing, now is it?

Makes me wonder why life is so cheap to so many Black folks is all

'If everybody in America realized Blacks commit a disproportionate amount of crime, what next?'

The answer to your question is we would all continue moving farther away from a group of people who have shown themselves to not be very trustworthy, as folks have been since slavery was wiped out

btw my fam emigrated to America in the 1920's so nobody in my fam has ever owned another person here in America

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads