JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree the guy was a idiot and lucky to still be alive.
I hope that our erstwhile tough guy , now understands that decision making with the "help" of your friends Bud and Coors can be sketchy at best.

This funny and sad story also points out what I said many times before.
(And what I have been flamed many times for saying.)
Brandishing , flashing or threatening with a toy gun can get you hurt or killed.
Don't do it!
Andy

He is lucky he did not win a Darwin Award. "Stupidity should be painful". In this case it was. Every time some dope gets shot with a toy gun there is someone who screams. As if they could tell in that split second the difference between a toy and a real gun. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

One reason I like wood and steel guns.
No one will mistake a 1911 for a toy. :eek:
Unless it's a toy gun from yesteryear... I recall as a kid having pot metal guns with wood grips... But I'm kinda old too...

There's some airsoft's out there that are all metal. Remove that orange tip and even the most educated gun enthusiasts would be hard pressed to call it in a split second...

As has been said, play stupid games, win stupid prizes... Alcohol and firearms, even toy firearms don't mix...

Unless it's a toy gun from yesteryear... I recall as a kid having pot metal guns with wood grips... But I'm kinda old too...

There's some airsoft's out there that are all metal. Remove that orange tip and even the most educated gun enthusiasts would be hard pressed to call it in a split second...

As has been said, play stupid games, win stupid prizes... Alcohol and firearms, even toy firearms don't mix...

I'm old too:
When I was a kid, around 11 years old, I had a toy that was a realistic looking reproduction of a Smith snubbie revolver. It was as heavy as the real thing and "fired" plastic snap caps that made a little bang. No orange tip, no nothing. United Airlines let me take it on the plane when I flew to go stay with relatives for the Summer. I also took it to school to play bang bang at recess
Try doing that now.

I'm old too:
When I was a kid, around 11 years old, I had a toy that was a realistic looking reproduction of a Smith snubbie revolver. It was as heavy as the real thing and "fired" plastic snap caps that made a little bang. No orange tip, no nothing. United Airlines let me take it on the plane when I flew to go stay with relatives for the Summer. I also took it to school to play bang bang at recess
Try doing that now.
See, that's what I'm talking about... How times have changed..

He is lucky he did not win a Darwin Award. "Stupidity should be painful". In this case it was. Every time some dope gets shot with a toy gun there is someone who screams. As if they could tell in that split second the difference between a toy and a real gun. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

'snot possible, my 50+ appearances in court in UK, where only THREE were actually REAL guns, tells me that.

EDIT - I must point out that I giving evidence on behalf of the prosecution in each case, and was NOT the perpetrator.

tac

Last Edited:
To summarize:

61751367.jpg

24938-albert-einstein-stupid-quote.jpg

mlkquote1.jpg

6v1_stupid_is_as_stupid_.jpg

I'm old too:
Try doing that now.

We also used to play mumbley-peg with real pocketknives. We didn't use our teeth though. Thing is I know of no one getting hurt playing it. Of course one time we rolled a 6' diameter boulder down a hill in the direction of town. Of course only after it was rolling down the hill did we begin to get worried, fortunately it did no damage.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top