JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree with this 100%, then one day I was banned for almost a year :eek: I failed and all the bad stuff inside came out...
The next morning the long islands and beer were all worn off and I was like "zoinks" Velzey is banned from NWF...:(

I do understand there are greater conserns at play and try to not get emotional or take things personal but sometimes I fail and act out like a spoiled 3 year old.

I have always enjoyed this site primarily BECAUSE of the occasional divergences from the always hard-nosed, Det. Joe Friday, "Just the facts ma'am" style that makes discussions on some other gun-related sites become either nasty... or worse, dull.

Some light-hearted topically related comments or observations can keep the pot from boiling over on contentious topics, especially those involving personal opinions...

...they can make a new member feel less intimidated to join in the discussion, and old members keep coming back for some more good conversation with friends.

After God was finished writing the 9 commandments, He decided to add one more to make it an even 10. He was so concerned that because the 9 were so serious and stern, nobody would want to read them. His solution was to add some comic relief at a random point on the list.

Satan (his editor) advised that humor was inappropriate on something so serious.

God thought about it some more but finally said, "Screw 'em if they can't take a joke"....
..."thou shall not commit Adultery" stays!

Last Edited:
I read many of those posts, and quite frankly, I was only a little surprised to come back in the morning with significant cuts. Not because they were derogatory, inflammatory, etc (although some were), but because they did not contribute to the thread.

(post removed through self moderation)

Trying to preempt action and do my part!

Ok, so that is useless, pointless drivel. However the post I made that was removed in the named thread was on topic, had nothing that was derogatory or inflammatory. It was structured in such a way as to be humorous, nevertheless it was contributing to the thread and the fact the post had a number of likes I would say was a good indication that others if they did not find it pertinent at least enjoyed it.

I have had times I was quite torqued over posts being removed. One instance in particular where my thread was merged with another that really was nothing like mine ( if the mod would have read the posts it would have been clear that even though the threads where about a particular platform the topics where unrelated. What really irritated me at the time was the issue was breaking news and a big deal, however the mod felt it should be merged with a dead thread and seemed unwilling to even listen to why my topic should had had its own thread.

Anyway, this instance did not bother me, but the shear volume of removed posts was surprising.

I do understand there are greater conserns at play and try to not get emotional or take things personal but sometimes I fail and act out like a spoiled 3 year old.

When I saw "Iron Monster" deleted...:eek: I couldn't figure out what was going on. I never ever recall him being anything other than a nice guy. Very informative, interesting AND and easy to read. Not just Iron Monster, but other members that were also in the "Mass Delete".

What things like this cause me to do is just not post some times. That's a good thing if a person were going to say something rude/snarky, but is it a good thing to have posters feeling anything that isn't spot-on topic will be met with deletion? Once again, where IS the line? I have a lot of fun here and laugh out loud on a regular basis. I hope that doesn't stop.

Well just to throw it out there. My posts in that thread all happened to be "useless drivel" and I own that. I don't know how I feel about the deletions but I do know I could have pried a little more before assuming the guy was a new person with ulterior motives....everything was meant to be teasing but I can see that thread got out of hand. I did see most of the posts and I was slightly annoyed to see them gone but not shocked.

I know there is a fine line and I know I leaped right on over it joking with other members in another members thread. There are times I think moderation goes to far but I am pretty sure in this case it was a acceptable move by Deadeye. I do not like it but I do get it.

The OP asked a odd question as one of the first posts he made at the wrong time with 941 and all. We are all a bit paranoid I think. That does not mean I should not have tried to figure out just who I was dealing with before assuming the worst. I own it. I was an a#@ hole.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top