JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was discussing a few sales with a friend in Las Vegas and he was saying they also had the Federal Black box Ammo everywhere readily available. He also told me if his brother in the east coast reporting the same thing.

Where did all this Ammo sit all these years is my question?

There had to be millions of 22 just in the Portland Metro alone!

Likely BILLIONS nation wide were sitting somewhere for this sale/distribution.

Then they rebate it all!

Kind of crazy if you ask me.

My tinfoil hat personality make me think they are secretly arming the nation, but for what?

What's your thoughts?

Was discussing a few sales with a friend in Las Vegas and he was saying they also had the Federal Black box Ammo everywhere readily available. He also told me if his brother in the east coast reporting the same thing.

Then they rebate it all!

My tinfoil hat personality make me think they are secretly arming the nation, but for what?

What's your thoughts?
My LGS thinks this was only made/packaged for the holiday season and won't be in regular circulation year round. Cabela's still had bunches of the 9mm but raised the price to $119.99 after their 6hr sale.

Then they rebate it all!

What's your thoughts?

Gawd, I certainly hope so!! :s0018:

If they are arming us for something then I want more than a .22 just saying!
They had pretty much every caliber. 380, 9, 40, 45, 223, 12g. Great prices on all of them and they all qualified for the rebate.

Conspiracy?

Nah.

Marketing/sales/consumer slow down...that's it.
Ya, knowing how much I bubblegum about marketing, your probably right.

Still interesting that this much ammo could be out there and ready to be circulated for the holiday season sales.

Back when there was no 22LR I had heard that one of the major manufacturers (CCI in Idaho? Remington? - one of them!) had an extra portion of their factory building that wasn't being used. So they thought they would machine-up and start making more 22LR because of the huge profits that were being seen.

Maybe, just maybe, they geared-up and overshot the market by a few billion rounds?

I cannot confirm as my google-fu doesn't seem to be working very well at the moment. But I did hear this while on the road for business in Lewiston.

I wanted to take a tour of the CCI plant (being I was right there) and was told that they didn't do tours anymore at that time. So I didn't go, and couldn't ask them directly.

In the 22LR shortage, while I was in Lewiston, I was talking with a gal who told me her son worked for CCI. She told me, that he was told, that he could work as many hours as he wanted cranking out 22LR. She also heard that CCI was "expanding" the production line but couldn't give any details as she wasn't 100% sure of the details herself. The "production line expansion" story was pretty prominent throughout the town too. Everyone had that same basic "story".

I cannot confirm, nor deny. That is all I heard while in Lewiston.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top