JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Plenty of joke questions so I'll ask serious questions.

@AndyinEverson

What's a good Ramrod that won't break when I'm pounding down a minieball?

Also my black powder pistol still sucks to get apart, I'm thinking of shooting it and just not taking it apart... How long do you think it will last that way before it becomes a wall ornament?

And for my final question how long is it safe to store black powder before you should be concerned about it blowing up?

Hmm.... I'll have to think of more questions.

@AndyinEverson
A crocodile steals your son and promises to return him only if you can correctly guess what the crocodile will do with your son. Assuming the croc keeps its word, what would happen if you guessed that he wouldn't return your son?

Plenty of joke questions so I'll ask serious questions.

@AndyinEverson

What's a good Ramrod that won't break when I'm pounding down a minieball?

Also my black powder pistol still sucks to get apart, I'm thinking of shooting it and just not taking it apart... How long do you think it will last that way before it becomes a wall ornament?

And for my final question how long is it safe to store black powder before you should be concerned about it blowing up?

Hmm.... I'll have to think of more questions.

Most rifled muskets that use a minieball have a steel ramrod.
If say you are using a T/C "Hawken" with a minieball...the wooden ramrod will be fine as well...
Just lube your minieballs and use firm , short strokes , grasping your ramrod , near the muzzle...otherwise it will break...
( And yes I know where that quote will end up at...:eek::D )

What kinda of pistol are you shooting...?

I have shot powder stored from the 60's and 70's ....its actually pretty safe and stable stuff...
Andy

@Andy,

If I take my AR-15 and replace slowly all the parts until only new parts exist, is it still the old Firearm?

Actually that is a very good question...
At what point does a re-worked firearm cease to be old and become new through the use of replaced parts...?
I have seen this with muzzleloading rifles a lot...
Having done the following to more than a few wrecked old rifles :
A old rifle is re-bored , re-stocked , the lock internals are re-placed....
Is it still an old rifle or is it now a "new" rifle...?
Andy

Real Black Powder can be stored for decades as long as precautions are taken, Best way is to mix in Alcohol to make it a slurry, seal in jars or other tight sealing containers! When ready to use, open the lid, dump on a cookie sheet spread out, and let sit in the bright sun and the alcohol will evaporate off making the powder ready to use!

What kinda of pistol are you shooting...?

The dragoon that I bent the rod on, you helped me fix it. I tried the method you suggested and still no luck, I ended up having to put back in the bent rod and wack on it to get it apart for cleaning again.

In the process of trying the other method I chipped the handle a bit. :(

Anyway, it's a pig, impossible to get apart. I'll probably go back to my older Colt Navy with the brass, it can't take full loads but at least it comes apart easier for cleaning.

I'm thinking if I do shoot the dragoon maybe I'll clean it by dunking the whole thing in water instead of taking it apart. Maybe I'll try getting another down the road, I think I got a lemon

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top