JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's only one side of a coin. The decision was very quietly political under cries of 'it ain't good enough'. Take a look at the rest of the items under the NDAA program and you'll get a clearer picture. Looks like some good stuff mixed with some pointless stuff.

I'd be interested in reading the report on which companies submitted the carbines tested, the types of failures each one suffered, and at what round count.

Blaming the constant jamming M16 of the Vietnam War on the conscript is pure crap. Stoner's design called for a chromed chamber. The 16's were not chromed as a cost saving measure. Never saw a chamber brush while I was there. Standard procedure was to bore a hole in the front stock of your 16 and insert a cleaning rod in it. Sure beat trying to put the rod together and then knocking the shell out of the chamber while getting shot at by AK's and SKS's that didn't jam.

Ak's jam just the same.

For the people who say they don't have not been out of this country to some crap hole. I had them jam on me.

Any gun can and will jam.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

AK's always go bang, but you may or may not hit the intended target. That's always been the trade-off in my mind. Right or wrong, my impression has always been AR=accuracy and good reliability, AK=Great reliability and ok accuracy.

Guess it just depends on your needs. Personally, I love them both for what they are.

AK's always go bang, but you may or may not hit the intended target. That's always been the trade-off in my mind. Right or wrong, my impression has always been AR=accuracy and good reliability, AK=Great reliability and ok accuracy.

Guess it just depends on your needs. Personally, I love them both for what they are.

There are some very accurate AKs out there. Biggest factor is the ammo. Rarely does anyone shoot quality ammo out of an AK. Most often an AK is judged while feeding it steel-cased 40 year-old combloc ammo, or inconsistently-loaded cheap Russian stuff, whereas most AR shooters are at least shooting US-made brass ammo.

Still... I have seen AKs jam. They are machines like any other. The difference I have seen, is that when an AK jams, it's usually because of a mechanical defect that can be corrected, and once it is, the rifle is nearly bulletproof. And frankly the modern M16/M4 is pretty damn close.

Personally.. I think a gradual shift to piston-driven designs would solve almost all the AR's problems in the environments that they tend to fail in. The military could do it gradually as rifles need to be repaired or replaced. The piston and DI rifles are nearly identical, so no major retraining or logistical stuff is needed - just make sure the manuals and drills are updated, etc.

You would think that would cost less, but I still bet they would find a way to waste a bubblegum ton of money doing it.

They just wasted a bunch of money to my beloveded Corp by signing that crap Colt 1911 deal millions for a little more than 4000 1911 rail guns.

Talk about a waste

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

the upper receiver that marries the AK reliability to the AR platform: Faxon Firearms ARAK-21

key points: Long stroke gas piston system (just like an AK), Bolt rides on heat treated steel rails (bolt is very similar to an AK design), the barrels are designed to quick change between .300 AAC and 5.56, the upper is self contained meaning that it does not need a buffer tube, and is capable of firing with a folding stock. ambidextrous side charging handle. the list goes on.

I have two of these receivers in stock at the store i work at, and can say from first hand experience that they are built like TANKS!!!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top