JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think for discussion on this forum, people in Washington and Oregon need to concentrate on protecting there own rights that are in serious jeopardy every day. We all need tp protect ourselves before you can help someone else. That is a basic rule of survival in general.
At the risk of being flamed for making a political statement... it's a point of fact that if you keep on voting for democrats you're voting for gun control/registration/confiscation.

there are plenty of home grown (terrorists) liberals in both states. Anywhere there is a typical 4 year collage breeds them like rats. .... I am convinced that education (as an industry) is the root cause of most of our liberal problems. At one time, unions were equally at fault but there influence has diminished and they have lost control of there members that for instance voted in large numbers for Trump.

Sounds like you're making good progress on the updated version of Mein Kamph. You can get it published on Amazon.

Step children are exempt from Oregon BGC
I am not sure that this applies to out of state transfers. I was thinking about my Brother's guns and what would happen to them if he passed before I did, or if I passed my guns to him. Many of them were my Dad's guns and should remain in the family. Since we are the only ones left that currently have any interest in guns, could we inherit the guns, Oregon to Washington or vice versa? What I read in the laws may make it very difficult without using a FFL. I think that some of this was covered in another NWFA thread.

I am not sure that this applies to out of state transfers. I was thinking about my Brother's guns and what would happen to them if he passed before I did, or if I passed my guns to him. Many of them were my Dad's guns and should remain in the family. Since we are the only ones left that currently have any interest in guns, could we inherit the guns, Oregon to Washington or vice versa? What I read in the laws may make it very difficult without using a FFL. I think that some of this was covered in another NWFA thread.

To whom may an unlicensed person transfer firearms under the GCA? | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

Another exception is provided for transfers of firearms to nonresidents to carry out a lawful bequest or acquisition by intestate succession. This exception would authorize the transfer of a firearm to a nonresident who inherits a firearm under the will of a decedent.

To whom may an unlicensed person transfer firearms under the GCA? | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

Another exception is provided for transfers of firearms to nonresidents to carry out a lawful bequest or acquisition by intestate succession. This exception would authorize the transfer of a firearm to a nonresident who inherits a firearm under the will of a decedent.
Thanks. Although Oregon has similar wording, I still cannot find anything referring to out of state/nonresident transfers. I assume that the Federal guidance takes precedence in this case?

Thanks. Although Oregon has similar wording, I still cannot find anything referring to out of state/nonresident transfers. I assume that the Federal guidance takes precedence in this case?
Some of these rules have clauses about transferring to a prohibited person making it the sellers responsibility if he doesn't check or know if a buyer is prohibited even in an otherwise legal private party non FFL transfer. It makes me Leary of doing a PP sale to a stranger even if legal otherwise. I never minded going through a FFL in California, it makes the transaction legal and safe for everyone.

The federal law covers interstate transfers (relatives or not), not Oregon or WA law. The state law that you need to consider is the one about BGCs, and as I stated, close family is exempt from that. So I think you are good.

I have done this a number of times.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top