JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
At least in .45 ACP and my SIG :D. Was at the range with it a couple of days ago, and not only was it quite accurate at combat ranges, but I decided to play around a bit at longer range. Someone had set up a chunk of steel at the 100 berm, 6" wide and about 30" tall. I was able to hit that 25-30% of the time, shooting freehand, unsupported. Not a lot of drop, either, I'm guessing here, but I'd say about 6". Made me wish I'd taken my 8" steel plate with me, you can bet I will next time :cool:. Will be taking my chronograph next time, too, book says the velocity should be a little over 900 FPS, but I'm not using the exact bullet, so we'll see.

So for those interested, and with all the usual disclaimers, here's the load. Mixed small primer brass, CCI SPP, 6.2 gr. of CFE Pistol, and a Missouri Bullet Co. coated 225 gr. TC (Flathead). OAL is about 1.21", medium crimp using a Lee Carbide FCD. As I said, this is an accurate load, fairly soft shooting, and no cycling issues whatsoever. My only problem now is I'm almost out of them, definitely time to order more. Not sure, but I think Bayou Bullets sells a near identical bullet, they're about the same price, so I may try a box just to see. Later.

Dave

And a second that might be even better, 5.2 gr. of Sport Pistol, all else the same. Even more accurate than the CFE Pistol load, and it smells better :D! The powder smoke, I mean, it's got a different scent, a guy at the range commented on it, too. Still no chronograph results, days are still to short to be "wasting" range time on electronics. But soon! Later.

Dave

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads