JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry Alex, to answer your question properly. I keep a couple pairs of shooting glasses, ear plugs, range finder, small box of tools, ammo that I'm taking that day, band aids, a couple different sizes of the otis bore snakes (.223 and .308 for my AR's). In my range box, that I pictured, I keep my targets, stapler, front rests, sand bags (many sandbags), spotting scope, shovel, chains and tow strap. I'll be heading out here shortly to take advantage of this beautiful weather we are having here in the gorge. I'll be shooting some mid range (440 yards) steel targets with my creed and AR15..... It is good to know that i will not leave anything behind, when my range box has all the necessities in it....;) . However, you bring up a damn good point. I think I will throw in some extra magazines in my range bag, so I don't get caught with my pants down again at the my clubs next golf ball shoot. I screwed the pooch on the last one. I only had 1 magazine, so I had to make every shot count....:oops:

I've brought the wrong mags with me before, but I've done better than that. I once lugged a bench gun, scope and big range bag down 100 feet of stairs and set up targets at 100 and probably two hundred yards. As I went to unlock the gun case it suddenly came to me where the key was: on an end table at the house. :eek::oops::rolleyes:

In addition to everything mentioned already in this post, I also carry a full trauma kit and some Benadryl. I went shooting and I had a buddy get stung and he started to swell up. Luckily I had some for him.

Hey I know where that's at...LOL
EPS's range bag needs to be 4WD...:D
Andy
My next big gun buy will be a BIG 4x4 truck to carry all my guns.
Hell my nephew out did me with his truck
Little punk. 7177.jpeg

First, I have to mention a bottle of water or I'll forget because it is a last minute add-on and often left behind. The bag holds the usual personal protection stuff mentioned above like double sets of eye and ear protection along with a bag of ear plugs.

UpLULA, 6-mechanics rags to use as a bench pad and to wrap used pistols in for transport home, tool kit, zip-lock bags, notebook and pen (to record shortcomings and successes for future drills or gunsmithing needs for a pistol).

Targets and targeting material. I usually download targets from internet sites, mostly from the drills on the late Todd Green's pistol site or other free download sites and print them off at home. I mostly train with 6" paper plates, 3X5 inch cards, 3" Post-Its, and 1.5"X2" neon Post-Its. I don't use numbered bulls-eye targets any longer.

Last Edited:
In my range bag I keep sight tools for my ar and ak. I usually have my Leatherman and a bit kit for it. I have an Allen wrench set and a torx wrench set and some lube. Eye pro, walker electric ear muffs with dead batteries because I don't have spare batteries in my bag, range finder and shot timer. I also have a rite in the rain pad to write down times on shooting drills. I also have a magazine loader and a few spare mags, usually 3 or 4 unloaded mags so I don't have to unload mags for any drills because that's annoying.

For my AR and M14 I keep a broken shell extractors in my range bag. I also keep a Otis cleaning kit, 50 caliber cleaning patches. Also keep a pair of scissors to cut the 50 caliber cleaning patches so I can clean my AR or M14.

I have couple 100 count Otis 22 caliber cleaning patches for my AR. I also have container of Otis large patches that I use on my shotgun or handguns. Also keep a box of nitrile gloves and plastic bags for my cleaning activities as well.

Also have lead removal hand soap as well and roll of paper towels.

https://www.amazon.com/Hand-Soap-Ho...ead+hand+soap&qid=1556919955&s=gateway&sr=8-3

I also keep some face wipes so I can clean my face after I go to the range. I also always wear a cap as well to kept my head covered. I switch to different cap when I'm done at the gun range.
+1 to broken shell extractor. If you shoot surplus or reloads its never a bad idea.

I always have my old school M16 break down cleaning rod kit. It's come in handy for stuck cases and such. And yeah I said M16 I'm that old.

Things that have ended one of my range days early if forgotten:
Scope tools: Scope mounts do loosen over time from time to time
Extra Mags: springs and followers do wear out
Staples: Embarrassed to say this has bit me more than since my stapler gets used around the house
Ammo: Every grab a rifle and the wrong ammo? Try to bring more than one type or known to work
Bolt: Ever take a rifle out of the safe and leave the bolt on the top shelf? That's really embarrassing
Notebook: Remembering everything is getting harder. I like to make notes now
22LR something. Having a 22LR handy is a great change of pace and extends your shooting day

Someone in here recommended wipes made to remove lead. I bought some and have to say they seem quite nice. Went to range today and as last time when done wiped face and hands with one and they are nice. Especially using an indoor range. Lot of crud on them when done. On my way out today I noticed they sell these at the damn range. Not sure how long they have had them. The section they were in was cleaning supplies and I had not noticed these until I had a container then spotted they were selling the same thing. Will buy them from them next time to give them the few bucks instead of Amazon. Thanks to the poster who mentioned these, I had never heard of them.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top