JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If there is a better place to put this Mods please do. Just had to laugh at this when I got home. Went for my weekly range trip. Favorite 1911 has a laser. I always start with it off to make me practice with irons. Did well enough to live with so turned it back on. Instead of a dot there was a large barely seen red blotch at the target. Could not see anything wrong, thought "well damn, it must have died. It's a CT and I have had it a LONG time. Figured would have to order another. So when I get home I take another look, still see nothing wrong. Hit it with some cleaner then air, Viola, it works! So some crud must have got in there I just could not see. So maybe toss a can of that canned air cleaner in bag now :)

I have in the car loose or in a small bag in the trunk.

Cleaning kit, oil, wipes, gloves, eye pro, ear pro, tourniquet, first aid kit, iron sight tools, stapler, staples, spray paint, empty chamber flag, multi tool, handful of sharpies, tape, air horn, batteries for red dots.

I'm probably forgetting other crap that's in the car. I keep the fire extinguisher in there as well as garbage bags.

first aid kit,

I started keeping some band aids in mine a while back. Was there one day and the brass catcher I use on my PCC's got me but good. I altered it to make it work and it left an unseen sharp corner. Damn thing got one finger and I could not get it to stop bleeding all over everything I touched. :)

Range bag? I'd be lost without my range box:

o0hV29P.jpg
:D

Sorry Alex, to answer your question properly. I keep a couple pairs of shooting glasses, ear plugs, range finder, small box of tools, ammo that I'm taking that day, band aids, a couple different sizes of the otis bore snakes (.223 and .308 for my AR's). In my range box, that I pictured, I keep my targets, stapler, front rests, sand bags (many sandbags), spotting scope, shovel, chains and tow strap. I'll be heading out here shortly to take advantage of this beautiful weather we are having here in the gorge. I'll be shooting some mid range (440 yards) steel targets with my creed and AR15..... It is good to know that i will not leave anything behind, when my range box has all the necessities in it....;) . However, you bring up a damn good point. I think I will throw in some extra magazines in my range bag, so I don't get caught with my pants down again at the my clubs next golf ball shoot. I screwed the pooch on the last one. I only had 1 magazine, so I had to make every shot count....:oops:

If there is a better place to put this Mods please do. Just had to laugh at this when I got home. Went for my weekly range trip. Favorite 1911 has a laser. I always start with it off to make me practice with irons. Did well enough to live with so turned it back on. Instead of a dot there was a large barely seen red blotch at the target. Could not see anything wrong, thought "well damn, it must have died. It's a CT and I have had it a LONG time. Figured would have to order another. So when I get home I take another look, still see nothing wrong. Hit it with some cleaner then air, Viola, it works! So some crud must have got in there I just could not see. So maybe toss a can of that canned air cleaner in bag now :)

Squib removal tools

Cleaning kit, oil, wipes, gloves, eye pro, ear pro, tourniquet, first aid kit, iron sight tools, stapler, staples, spray paint, empty chamber flag, multi tool, handful of sharpies, tape, air horn, batteries for red dots.

I'm probably forgetting other crap that's in the car. I keep the fire extinguisher in there as well as garbage bags.

You forgot a cordless sawzall with some wood and metal cutting blades along with some spare batteries (that way you can put the 5 easily moved body parts in the garbage bags), along with grid coordinates to the area pig farm to drop off the "evidence".... :D

Great stuff posted above. A few handy items not mentioned previously are Nitrile gloves (for cleaning guns or biohazard), surveying tape for cheap wind flags, and a small thermometer (muzzle velocity variations) for the L.R. shooters.

For my AR and M14 I keep a broken shell extractors in my range bag. I also keep a Otis cleaning kit, 50 caliber cleaning patches. Also keep a pair of scissors to cut the 50 caliber cleaning patches so I can clean my AR or M14.

I have couple 100 count Otis 22 caliber cleaning patches for my AR. I also have container of Otis large patches that I use on my shotgun or handguns. Also keep a box of nitrile gloves and plastic bags for my cleaning activities as well.

Also have lead removal hand soap as well and roll of paper towels.

https://www.amazon.com/Hand-Soap-Ho...ead+hand+soap&qid=1556919955&s=gateway&sr=8-3

I also keep some face wipes so I can clean my face after I go to the range. I also always wear a cap as well to kept my head covered. I switch to different cap when I'm done at the gun range.

A spare pistol, lol. I was at jcgc a ways back and some guy got one round out of his brand new 9mm Remington gen 2 and it siezed up tight closed. He'd just got it for like $180 at sportsmans.

. However, you bring up a damn good point. I think I will throw in some extra magazines in my range bag, so I don't get caught with my pants down again at the my clubs next golf ball shoot. I screwed the pooch on the last one. I only had 1 magazine, so I had to make every shot count....:oops:

When we go up on the mountain to shoot it's basically a day trip. So for that I go through stuff multiple times to make sure I have anything I even think I will need. For my weekly trips to the indoor I often get sloppy, like yesterday ending up with the mags to one pistol and the pistol at home. I did long ago start keeping a few boxes of common ammo in the "stuff box" I keep in the car. Few times I just ran out of ammo before I was tired and it's pricey to buy it there. I was trying out a new set of hearing muffs yesterday. They are a knock off of the Howard Leight I already had. Wanted another set and these were cheap enough to temp me. So was testing to make sure they worked and they did. Between shooting I could over hear guy a couple lanes away telling his buddy he had forgotten to bring any mags for one of the pistols he brought with him. They were having a good laugh over it. Not more than a frustration when its a place I go to at least once a week. Would be a real downer if it was a place that took hours to get to :)

For my AR and M14 I keep a broken shell extractors in my range bag. I also keep a Otis cleaning kit, 50 caliber cleaning patches. Also keep a pair of scissors to cut the 50 caliber cleaning patches so I can clean my AR or M14.

I have couple 100 count Otis 22 caliber cleaning patches for my AR. I also have container of Otis large patches that I use on my shotgun or handguns. Also keep a box of nitrile gloves and plastic bags for my cleaning activities as well.

Also have lead removal hand soap as well and roll of paper towels.

https://www.amazon.com/Hand-Soap-Ho...ead+hand+soap&qid=1556919955&s=gateway&sr=8-3

I also keep some face wipes so I can clean my face after I go to the range. I also always wear a cap as well to kept my head covered. I switch to different cap when I'm done at the gun range.

I had never heard of this stuff, thanks for posting that. Every time I shoot I wash up at the place but always feels like it did not get it all off and can't wait to get home and scrub. Will buy a bottle of the wipes to try next trip. Look like they would be great for wiping down hands and face after a while in all the smoke and crapola from shooting. How did I never hear of these until now :)

Great stuff posted above. A few handy items not mentioned previously are Nitrile gloves (for cleaning guns or biohazard), surveying tape for cheap wind flags, and a small thermometer (muzzle velocity variations) for the L.R. shooters.
I keep gloves for the squirrels mostly, just in case I'll need to get one or two while out and about.

Things I forgot in my first post that I remember now.

Range finder, instant ice packs and gallon size ziplock bags for small game, small shovel, a tarp, stakes, hammer, water bottle, scissors, hand wipes (wetones), sunscreen, binoculars.

I'm still likely forgetting stuff, I'll have to do a thorough inventory now that you started this thread, it is way overdue to go through everything in the car and bag.

I keep tools in my truck tarp, pop up canopy, trash bags, gallon water jugs and a fire extinguisher and ziplock bags, but certain small items I always bring that come in handy:

Stripped cleaning rod (with handle) I use as a ram rod, Its came in handy twice with squibs.
Front sight adjustment tools (AR & AK)
2 extra pairs of clear shooting glasses masking tape (target filler)
spare ear pro (head sets and plugs)
optic cleaning cloth
tripod/bipod/monopod depending on what Im shooting/spotting

I am really glad to see so many people including trash bags. I normally shoot at rifle ranges but have a few garbage bags stuffed into one of my gun case pockets. When I was a young turd my friends and I used to fill large cardboard boxes full of beer bottles from behind a local restaurant, then go shoot them at an old rock pit. Now I try to repay my sins whenever possible.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top